It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abedin claims she never received FBI warrant for Weiner emails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin told a Manhattan federal judge in a court filing Thursday that neither she nor Anthony Weiner ever received FBI search warrants for emails found on her estranged husband’s computer — raising questions about whether FBI warrants for the emails were ever issued, and if so to whom.

In the letter, Abedin’s lawyer said she is unable to comment on a Los Angeles lawyer’s request for FBI warrants tied to her emails, because “the government has never provided her with a copy of the warrant it reportedly obtained to search certain emails.”

“We understand that Mr. Weiner has likewise not been provided with a copy of the material,” said the letter from lawyer Karen Dunn.

Abedin claims she never received FBI warrant for Weiner emails

Well it appears this is not over. If they truly did not supply them with warrants then I would say this was a complete setup. That would likely be the end of many careers in the FBI.

I also love how her attorney is pushing the whole electoral college crap....so the recount effort failed and now they have to come up with a new reason to stay in the news.

Schoenberg’s letter suggested urgency in getting to the bottom of the warrants before the “impending vote of the Electoral College” on Dec. 19 to finalize the presidential election.

Why can't Clinton just gracefully bow out? It is getting ridiculous at this point.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Could the FBI be slimier than Huma and Tony?Lord help us if so..
edit on CSTFriam5661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well there were reports that Weiner willingly provided them, perhaps in exchange for a plea on his sextapades.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Why can't Clinton just gracefully bow out? It is getting ridiculous at this point.

i think that its becoming childish, why dont they just get over it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm showing my ignorance here, but how do we know they didn't get them? Isn't it possible they are just saying it? How would the FBI prove they were issued?

And honestly, why the heck is she saying anything now? Wouldn't she have wanted to protest it when it was occurring?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Well there were reports that Weiner willingly provided them, perhaps in exchange for a plea on his sextapades.

Yeah....I remember the news saying that at one point during the investigation. If that is the case, does it matter if a warrant was issued? Has me wondering if the claim that it was a shared computer was put in there a while back solely for the reason of this argument. Would it matter if Weiner gave consent but Huma did not if it was shared and stated as such? I do not know the laws on this type of action so can't really speak to them at all, but wondering if they exploited a sort of loophole by putting certain statements in place during the initial investigation that would allow for the entirety of the case against Weiner to be thrown out along with all of the evidence on that computer.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Yeah....I remember the news saying that at one point during the investigation. If that is the case, does it matter if a warrant was issued? Has me wondering if the claim that it was a shared computer was put in there a while back solely for the reason of this argument. Would it matter if Weiner gave consent but Huma did not if it was shared and stated as such? I do not know the laws on this type of action so can't really speak to them at all, but wondering if they exploited a sort of loophole by putting certain statements in place during the initial investigation that would allow for the entirety of the case against Weiner to be thrown out along with all of the evidence on that computer.

That could be the legal approach they're taking. In that, if he gave it to the FBI but it wasn't his but hers that he sometimes uses, than it wasn't his to give. Not sure if they would hold up though.

If I hand the FBI a murder weapon even though the killer didn't give me permission, I'm quite sure they'd still use it as evidence. I don't really know if those reports initially were even true though.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It was his computer...and he turned it over willingly as part of a deal.
The Hillary emails were automatically backed up on the computer...and as such belonged to Carlos Danger.
FBI discovered the emails while going through the computer.

Huma never needed to receive a search warrant...which I'm sure she already knows.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
I'm showing my ignorance here, but how do we know they didn't get them? Isn't it possible they are just saying it? How would the FBI prove they were issued?

And honestly, why the heck is she saying anything now? Wouldn't she have wanted to protest it when it was occurring?

I remember reading stories about the FBI having to and obtaining a warrant to view the emails on the computer in October, but again, I am not familiar with how the law works around a case like this and if those emails were considered private to Abedin and as such could not be viewed on that computer without a warrant.

Here is a link to one of the stories about the warrant.

Warrant

Federal investigators have secured a warrant to examine newly discovered emails related to Hillary Clinton’s private server, U.S. media reported on Sunday, as a prominent Democrat accused FBI Director James Comey of breaking the law by trying to influence the election. The warrant will allow the Federal Bureau of Investigation to examine the emails to see if they are relevant to its probe of the private email server used for government work by Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, while she was secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Weiner willingly gave the FBI his laptop. FBI held on to the laptop until they could get a warrant to search it. The FBI got a search warrant but never revealed it. Now there is a lawsuit. Until the warrant is released they should not release any e-mails

Federal Judge May Unseal Controversial FBI Search Warrant for Clinton Emails
edit on 16-12-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It looks like the blame narrative is now beginning to shift from the Russians...to the FBI.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Blame Putin, Russians, Comey, Hillary, Obama, Electoral Voters, Weiner, Huma and Trump because they say he knew about the Russians hacking the US election.

I personally think its IAMTAT's fault

edit on 16-12-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
She left out that she lied to the FBI about turning everything over. If she means warrant for her arrest then yes.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It looks like the blame narrative is now beginning to shift from the Russians...to the FBI.

At least they aren't claiming that the FBI are Russians.

.....YET.
edit on b000000312016-12-16T08:40:22-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 16 Dec 2016 08:40:22 -0600800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well there was lots of speculation at the time that the Weiner files story was fabricated.

Now that the story is in court, I guess it was true after all !!

Huma is in big trouble obviously.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well there was lots of speculation at the time that the Weiner files story was fabricated.

Now that the story is in court, I guess it was true after all !!

Huma is in big trouble obviously.

The funny thing is that this does prove the truth of the story and the only major network I have even seen this story on is Fox.

CNN, MSNBC, ABC NEWS, Politico, etc....all have almost identical stories with the same whining about Putin, Russian hacking, Trump whatever and election recount crap....I mean every single one has nothing but this stuff for their top 5-10 stories.

It's ridiculous really....just goes to show that MSM sucks.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Who cares, apprehend the traitorous wench, she is a modern day Mata Hari.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
a reply to: IAMTAT

Blame Putin, Russians, Comey, Hillary, Obama, Electoral Voters, Weiner, Huma and Trump because they say he knew about the Russians hacking the US election.

I personally think its IAMTAT's fault

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

edit on 16-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yup.

We are seeing a scripted MSM.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Anybody in a position like that is going to use any defense they think will help.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join