It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Yes.

282 Trump Campaign Promises

That's two hundred and eighty-two "promises". I especially like #12, 13, and 14

LOL No matter what happens w/State and federal minimum wages, he'll be both breaking and keeping a campaign promise.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

Yup played them all like a fiddle and is trolling his supporters.
You can see many are blind and can not see it by just reading the thread many just deflect and do not address Trumps campaign lies.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Trump has done a lot of good things too

It doesn't matter, all the bad he wants to do will destroy this country- and I mean really destroy, not just get some whiny people up in arms over semantics like with Obama.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

This thread is about a fake news story from a fake news source that uses quotes and rhetoric out of context to frame it in a way that is completely false.

So yes, it is about the Daily Show being intellectually dishonest in order to propagandize low information gullible people....

The same thing they did all election.

Care to find some non-propaganda to discuss, or you just want to continue soaking up BS information from agenda driven propaganda designed to form your opinion for you?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's beyond obvious to me for a LONG time that Trump was playing the old "bait and switch" con on his supporters, but don't tell them that. That is just a liberal conspiracy. Not common sense or anything.

Let me guess the other side of the aisle has done nothing but fair unbiased reporting right? Maybe the liberal media or liberal satire sites, like The Daily Caller, can take a poll and determine if they report the news more accurately than conservative media. Then they can tell us the poll was non-partisan as well.

Not sure what this has to do with it being obvious that Trump was pulling a con on his supporters. Looks like a poor attempt to distract from my point to me.

No this is just another attempt of liberal media trying to con Trump supporters. The problem is we don't pay attention to your satire news you are taking as facts. The video is 2-5 second clips of him taken out of context, then narrated by the host with his own spin on it. Just like always. I'll just start linking Alex Jones to point out facts since that's the level of credibility the left has resorted to as of late with their satire news.

You can hear Trump's own words in the video! There is nothing being taken out of context.

I watched the video and added my click to their website. You can tell a bold lie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to believe it. He was taken out of context throughout the video.

No, he was not taken out of context. Why don't you listen to what he says about himself? He has backed out of everything he promised you all! He has done it directly....."lock her up"/ Nah. She's had a hard enough time. I didn't really mean it. "It's rigged"/ nah, it's not. I won. "wall"/ nah. more like a fence.

please wake up to yourself.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: AlbanArthur

This thread is about a fake news story from a fake news source that uses quotes and rhetoric out of context to frame it in a way that is completely false.

So yes, it is about the Daily Show being intellectually dishonest in order to propagandize low information gullible people....

The same thing they did all election.

Care to find some non-propaganda to discuss, or you just want to continue soaking up BS information from agenda driven propaganda designed to form your opinion for you?
The Daily Show does not claim to be real "news." It is commentary based on actual facts. Trump said those things. You all are too stubborn (or blind-sided) to listen to him, but that doesn't change the facts ----- HE IS NOT GOING TO DO THOSE THINGS HE PROMISED YOU.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Oh I see now, you only want liberals in here praising this article instead of others dissecting it. Well I'll bow out so you guys can enjoy your fake news.

What?

No, man, you are totally refusing to take the very valid point. Yes, the Daily Show is comedy news-casting. They give commentary on the actual news. What Trump said is real. He said it. You denying it is really absurd. It's almost sad. I'm sorry it's so hard for you to believe, but you really truly have been "had."

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

No, people who watch those shows know that it's comedic commentary about real events.

You don't understand satire, apparently. The people on your "side" don't have any good comedians, or truly funny people - more entertained by potty-humor and farts and foul language.....
so you love Trump.

The Daily Show and others like it are aimed at intelligent, informed people who need to be able to laugh at the absurdity of our government and humanity in general. If you don't "get it", then you just aren't equipped or educated enough to be able to comprehend the irony.

Sorry about that. But there'll always be another "Animal House" type movie for you all.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Look he doesn't care because even with the rigging it didn't change the outcome and the crooks didn't win. He doesn't care because all the crooks liars and media corruption got exposed. Hillary was shown for the nasty hypocrite she really is and always has been.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: introvert

It's beyond obvious to me for a LONG time that Trump was playing the old "bait and switch" con on his supporters, but don't tell them that. That is just a liberal conspiracy. Not common sense or anything.

Let me guess the other side of the aisle has done nothing but fair unbiased reporting right? Maybe the liberal media or liberal satire sites, like The Daily Caller, can take a poll and determine if they report the news more accurately than conservative media. Then they can tell us the poll was non-partisan as well.

Not sure what this has to do with it being obvious that Trump was pulling a con on his supporters. Looks like a poor attempt to distract from my point to me.

No this is just another attempt of liberal media trying to con Trump supporters. The problem is we don't pay attention to your satire news you are taking as facts. The video is 2-5 second clips of him taken out of context, then narrated by the host with his own spin on it. Just like always. I'll just start linking Alex Jones to point out facts since that's the level of credibility the left has resorted to as of late with their satire news.

You can hear Trump's own words in the video! There is nothing being taken out of context.

I watched the video and added my click to their website. You can tell a bold lie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to believe it. He was taken out of context throughout the video.

No, he was not taken out of context. Why don't you listen to what he says about himself? He has backed out of everything he promised you all! He has done it directly....."lock her up"/ Nah. She's had a hard enough time. I didn't really mean it. "It's rigged"/ nah, it's not. I won. "wall"/ nah. more like a fence.

please wake up to yourself.

From the quotes, he didn't say it wasn't rigged he said he didn't care. Theres a difference, you know but some people are just very good at stretching things and embellishing to the point of changing the whole concept.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Trump has done a lot of good things too

It doesn't matter, all the bad he wants to do will destroy this country- and I mean really destroy, not just get some whiny people up in arms over semantics like with Obama.

All the bad he wants to do??? Like bring jobs back to the US which he has already begun to do even before inauguration? Methinks you have been listening too much CNN.....

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Wait, did he really already back out of the Trump Wall too? I'm not being facetious; I've simply ignored the vast majority of his victory tour and soundbites.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Tman2135

It used to be that if you did not like another person's opinion or way of expressing themselves you did not pay attention to them or associate with them. Now there is a tendency to confront them and attempt to shame them for their "wrong" opinions.

LOL When was this supposedly non-confrontational time period? Or are you referring to how the majority would simply made laws to forcibly segregate unwanted demographics from themselves? They did it with the various Native American tribes & nations who were forced onto reservations. They did it during the nearly 100 years of forced racial segregation against African Americans through the Jim Crow laws. They did it to the "suspicious" Japanese American population during WW2. And LGBT citizens were suppressed through violence and intimidation, while there were even "No Irish allowed" policies to keep Irish immigrants stigmatized.

Or are you referring to the good ole "non-confrontational" days when politicians including President Jackson literally held duels, when domestic violence wasn't even a crime, when the KKK was considered a legit organization, and when we had posters like the following:

Yep it was Democrats who did that stuff. Even Dinesh DSouza exposed the history of Democrat Prez Andrew Jackson who was responsible for the Trail of Tears. Jim Crow laws Democrat too. People need to rRead a different history book than the liar Howard Zinn the communist historian. And yep it was the Democrat Prez FDR whom the Progressives laud so much these days who did the Japanese internment camps.

Two months after the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066 ordering all Japanese-Americans to evacuate the West Coast. This resulted in the relocation of approximately 120,000 people, many of whom were American citizens, to one of 10 internment camps located across the country. Traditional family structure was upended within the camp
www.history.com...

edit on 17-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Trump played his independent supporters. The ones that thought they were voting against the GOP establishment. Instead of draining that swamp Trump is digging it even deeper and kicking up so much mud that the water is even more murky.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

No people want to deport illegals who are living off the resources and driving wages down because that's whats really happening. People also want to stop an invading force because that's also whats really going on.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Manufacturing is no longer realistic IMO. I think its stupid to even think about bringing manufacturing back when its economically not realistic.

Really? I think you better throw your machine away now, and your toothbrush(petroleum used to make that), and your toilet tank, and your refridgerator, because all those things require manufacturing. Are you really ready to live in primitive conditions and still say with a straight face you are Progressive?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

There are alternatives for petroleum byproducts, such as how plastics can be made from renewable resources. Plus you can't truly think humans never brushed their teeth before petroleum was utilized, do you? lol

The "petroleum is irreplaceable" argument reminds me of the "asbestos is irreplaceable" argument from a few generations ago. Like petroleum, asbestos was used in hundreds of products spanning numerous industries. But once the call was finally made that asbestos was too toxic, it was replaced. And the products that weren't replaced were simply forgotten (like the cool asbestos tablecloths that could be cleaned by being thrown in fire, since asbestos fabric is fireproof).

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Did Obama try to destroy his and everyone else in the process ?

I heard some people even in this very forum try to declare that Obama wasn't the leftist they thought he was... lol gotta love it for real. I would mention here that Antony Sutton said that the NWO is neither right nor left.
edit on 17-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: enlightenedservant

No people want to deport illegals who are living off the resources and driving wages down because that's whats really happening. People also want to stop an invading force because that's also whats really going on.

"Some" people want and believe that. Clearly not all people. And there have been numerous studies that have shown that undocumented workers contribute more to our tax system & local economies than they withdraw.

Not to mention, it's not the workers that are driving the wages down; it's the employers who drive the wages down. If employers want to pay more for labor, they still can (just like how consumers could reject cheaper foreign-made products if we really wanted to). But employers are the ones who willingly hire illegal workers specifically so they can pay them lower wages while not having to provide them with legally required benefits. The employers save a bunch by employing them, just as some employers willingly exploit prison labor for cheap labor.

And for the record, I simply don't believe that the false outrage about illegal workers has anything to do with them supposedly driving down wages. Because if this argument was valid, the "people" you're referring to would also be fighting for better working conditions and higher wages like the "Fight for 15" movement. But the anti-immigrant people overwhelmingly also seem to fight against the people like me who push for higher minimum wages, living wages, and other forms of labor rights. But I guess I'm supposed to overlook that?

"We want immigrants gone because they drive down wages, but we'll also fight tooth and nail against anyone who fights to raise those wages! Grrr!" LOL!
edit on 17-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: clarified some stuff. thanks trump

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Aww trying to deflect from my point? America was never the fairy tale I responded to.

Besides, why'd you leave out why the Democrats became the party of multiculturalism and the Republicans became the party that's leader was literally endorsed by modern NeoNazis, KKK members, and other white supremacists? I'll give you a hint: The Civil Rights Movement and the "Southern Strategy", which completely shifted the demographics of the Republicans and Democrats.

But I'm sure you already know about that, right?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join