It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i am not in the military but how are people sending social media posts out of aleepo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
like i said i am not in the military but if i was and i was to occupy a town only communications i would allow would be my own why you say. well i would not want people Ellington where in the city my troops were based and what kinda troops i had at my disposal. if i was lating seige to a company i would also only allow my communications to be used so i could keep people from calling for help. now aleepo is tweeting and going on social media asking for help my question is HOW? in my town the cell mobile data is spotty at best and large chunks of it infrastructure is destroyed so how is this guy and that kid jumping on social media with perfect in focus crystal clear video?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Mostly on the backs of wood elves or fairys

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Mostly on the backs of wood elves or fairys

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Good point, thanks for asking that. I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that.

I would expect though that the invaders would have military radio supplied to them by the US miller terry.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There will be multiple lines out, pretty much all voice comms these days is digital and thus normally gets routed via tcp/ip or udp packets so as long as something can get out it will do and the internet was designed to be resilient.

Probably also both sides don't want to seriously mess with the comms infrastructure if possible and theres satellite links as well which while expensive are pretty much un blockable.

As for quality of the pictures/movies they'll probably be pre-recorded and transmitted.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
There will be multiple lines out, pretty much all voice comms these days is digital and thus normally gets routed via tcp/ip or udp packets so as long as something can get out it will do and the internet was designed to be resilient.

Probably also both sides don't want to seriously mess with the comms infrastructure if possible and theres satellite links as well which while expensive are pretty much un blockable.

As for quality of the pictures/movies they'll probably be pre-recorded and transmitted.

And don't forget the worldwide press who are "helping" certain people to get information from out of there too?

A good example of the press doing their "ahem" job is Bana Alabed :

twitter.com...

Her mother is supposedly writing on Banas behalf... or what her mother is being actually told to write?

Over here in France we are having crystal clear images and filming at least once a week of this little lass and her family...

Any method those sick bastard MSM hounds will use to get the cash rolling in serves their purposes in my opinion...

Whatever comes out of war torn countries and places such as Allepo is only what Gvt controlled press sources want the sheeple to hear and digest... IMO yet again.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 16-12-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Sickened as usual by the MSM

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The people reporting from Syria in large are not the citizens of Syria, but rather individuals and/or organizations that have satellite communication methods rather than relay towers.

That being said you will basically never ever get a true journalistic impression of ground zero in Syria.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
*Aleppo*

I wondered this too. Hell, when it simply flooded in Louisiana in August, there was widespread landline and cell outage. Seems dodgy and convenient to me.
edit on 12/16/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The people reporting from Syria in large are not the citizens of Syria, but rather individuals and/or organizations that have satellite communication methods rather than relay towers.

That being said you will basically never ever get a true journalistic impression of ground zero in Syria.

Yes. They are using satellite communication. Did the same thing when I was in Afghanistan. We ordered Hughes net and hooked it up, fairly simple to do. Very expensive but this can be done anywhere in the world and super reliable. If you ever find your phone gps is not working try a Garmin basically.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

There is nothing remarkable about tweeting from Aleppo. See "Access to electricity and internet" at following link.

Bellingcat - Finding Bana – Proving the Existence of a 7-Year-Old Girl in Eastern Aleppo

edit on 16/12/2016 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo
yes but if we believe the narrative the russiands have nearly leveled the town trying to hit the guerillas and i am sure that if russia wanted to control communications they could most definitely.i am saying i feel that these reports are just propaganda to try to draw us into a fight over there and we should but not as enemies of assad and russia but as allies . the guerillas are = to isis and are working for saudis. truth of it saudis want to build pipeline through syria to turkey to ship oil to europe more cheaply than sending it by tanker.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Trying to hit the guerillas?!!!
Omfg it's the beginning of a war with the apes!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There is still nothing remarkable about being able to receive or send tweets or other data from the likes of Aleppo. Even the Syrian Government used tweets in order to send warnings to rebel forces.

Residents of opposition-held east Aleppo received a stark warning from the regime via text message on Sunday morning, warning them to leave within 24 hours.

“Notice to all gunmen,” reads the message sent on MTN, one of Syria’s two mobile phone networks. “You have 24 hours to get your injured out of East Aleppo, and to leave yourselves.”

Telegraph Newspaper link

top topics

join