It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion hunting veterinarian dies after falling 100ft into ravine on a bird shoot

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What I never see people talking about is that had he not killed the lion, someone else would have, its part of the preservation program, when an alpha lion becomes old and is cast aside from the pack, the trusts generally offer the individual cat for a hunt, making big bucks while doing so, which goes to the conservation effort. Had no hunter payed the large sum, one of the locals working for the conservation effort would have done so, without them making any profit for the conservation effort.

The (majority of) people who claim justice, who glorify in the mans death, are doing so out of a need to seem virtuous, without fully understanding how conservation groups work.

Many animals kill for pleasure only, chimps, dolphins, cats, dogs, penguins, honey badgers, many types of spider, pine martens, bears, hell, even zooplankton but many will spout off how human is the ONLY animal to kill for its own pleasure, to make them feel oh so superior. Many of these people will be pro choice (as I am) and will see no hypocrisy whilst espousing the idea that killing for anything other than food is immoral.

I understand this is not a popular viewpoint, but the man payed a group who were offering the hunt of a particular animal (nobody wishing the untimely death on those who were paid) which was going to be exterminated anyway due to age and the dangers to local prides that an unseated alpha presents, especially to cubs. I see no wrong with what he did, though i personally would not do it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

So wait a self proclaimed spiritual guru tells me that we have no control over over instincts?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Show me where that the money went to a preservation program, I know of a few preservation programs where old and sick animals are used as bait in which they have but a few weeks left in life..

This is not it, show me specie that will use energy to hunt for pleasure!!

It's not a freaking video game, Mother Nature will N-E-V-E-R use energy unless it has a freaking purpose..

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

~Tenth

I liked it

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

This is not it, show me specie that will use energy to hunt for pleasure!!

It's not a freaking video game, Mother Nature will N-E-V-E-R use energy unless it has a freaking purpose..

Actually, cats and all kinds of cats, hunt for pleasure. It's been proven time and time again.

So do about 9 other different kinds of animals, including monkeys and dolphins.

That's using energy to kill for sport, no matter how you look at it.

But on a general note, screw hobby hunters, screw them a lot.

~Tenth
edit on 12/16/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I already listed many of the animals documented to kill for pleasure, and by no mean was it an exhaustive list.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'll rephrase it, why do they hunt for pleasure? Brain chemistry

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It appears it wasn't the lion hunting that got him. It was when he started in on the birds. This is what happens when a person turns on the birds.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

I wonder if he "fell" or was maybe given a push

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
At least he went doing what he enjoyed.
Hope this bloke is at peace

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Revenge, again...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
What I never see people talking about is that had he not killed the lion, someone else would have, its part of the preservation program, when an alpha lion becomes old and is cast aside from the pack, the trusts generally offer the individual cat for a hunt, making big bucks while doing so, which goes to the conservation effort. Had no hunter payed the large sum, one of the locals working for the conservation effort would have done so, without them making any profit for the conservation effort.

Thank you for that bit of information, i never understood how it worked.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.Killing animals for sport is demented,imo.

And you guys are cheering on the death of a human being.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Slipping on ice = karma????

Some of you are not right.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Perhaps a better end than he or any could hope for, from the wording it sounds like he died almost instantly.

A grand day out with 4 seconds of terror and then *poof*, seems better than most ends.

While I don't think of the lion hunt as monstrous, I do find the fact he tried, and failed, to bow-hunt it, pretty awful. Apparently he had to track it for 2 days. He got a better end than the lion.
edit on 16/12/2016 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
IMO as a vegetarian as well as in the veterinary field(referring to the question asked on the first page) I'd rather have a conservation-vastly different than trophy hunting- killing done by a Veterinarian as opposed to someone new/er at hunting. It's not my path being in the field. In fact some take even steeper paths that I even less agree with such as lethal animal control measures by city and state, slaughterhouse overseeing of the stock animals and vivisection techs.
edit on 16-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join