It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Assange Emerges to Confirm Russia Was NOT the Source of DNC/Podesta Leak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's like saying I got my own autograph from Patrick Stewart, but really it ended up in his house and his maid sent it to her cousin and her cousin sent it to her friend who sold it on eBay back to me as Patrick Stewart's autograph, except it is my name written with my own pen.

Something like that.

I blame Patrick Stewart. Picard. Sir.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Very good thread. I listened to it. He will not confirm his friends involvement in picking up some leak information even though the guy made a statement about it to the public..

I actually kind of respect this guy for keeping his sources confidential.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

What's more plausible? A government who wants to hide their involvement approaching Wikileaks directly or going through intermediaries?

Does the phrase, "this can never be traced backed to us" mean anything to you?

It's interesting to hear Assange when he talks about this because he never acknowledges the fact that "Guccifer 2.0" claimed to have given the material to WL.

EDIT:

Very first post on June 15, 2016. The day after the CrowdStrike CTO announced the hack. Three days after Julian Assange said in an interview that WL had upcoming material "in relation to Hillary Clinton."

Guccifer 2.0

The main part of the papers, thousands of files and mails, I gave to Wikileaks. They will publish them soon.

I guess CrowdStrike customers should think twice about company’s competence.

edit on 2016-12-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Did he say who the source was? Could save everyone lots of headaches.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Okay. So I had my friend forge my signature and stuff it in Patrick Stewart's pocket, except ol' Pat decided to let his maid's cousin's friend profit from it... By selling it back to me.

Excuse me while I take a Number One.
edit on 12/15/2016 by TarzanBeta because: Forgot a step. Double future space palm.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Assange is one sketchy dude. He said he didn't release anything on Trump because it wasn't "interesting". Who made him the arbitrator of what is interesting or not?

He has definitely picked a horse in this race, and I bet someone picked it for him.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: curme

I hope his horse's name is U.S.S. ... Ooh nevermind.

Data is the name of the game. Surprised?

I kill myself. Really.

No, but really. It's called "Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Stayin' Alah-ah-ah-ive...!"

Way to switch gears there, Tarzan...

(Here's to hoping the meaning is not lost...)
edit on 12/15/2016 by TarzanBeta because: Enjoy.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: Kettu
Nope:

On Sean Hannity’s radio show, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said that hacked Democratic documents sent to reporters at Gawker and The Hill may have come from Russia.

The Hill

On Sean Hannity’s radio show, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said that hacked Democratic documents sent to reporters at Gawker and The Hill may have come from Russia. But, he said, he is confident the emails he received did not come from the same source

You should finish the quote.

Naw. Why finish a quote if it already sounds good and follows Party lines (lies) ?

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Nope:

On Sean Hannity’s radio show, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said that hacked Democratic documents sent to reporters at Gawker and The Hill may have come from Russia.

The Hill

After this selectively edited quote from you I will never believe anything you say.

Disgraceful behavior.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Not to mention the FBI and Judicial Watch are responsible for thousands of the same type of emails as all the other "sources".

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Let's just ignore the sketchy debacle that is Wikleaks communication regarding these two leaks.

You've got Assange/WL offering a $20k reward for information about the murder of Seth Rich. Assange/WL is obviously aware that millions of people were implying from that action that Seth Rich had been the source.

Assange has been more than happy to let people believe that.

Of course Rich wasn't the source because if he was, Assange would come right out and say it. If the source has been assassinated, the math would have changed considerably. The primary reasons for protecting the source (life and liberty) would no longer apply at that point and WL's obligation to make it known in no uncertain terms that the source had been murdered would outweigh lesser concerns like reputation.

Then you've got Craig Murray saying that the he's met the source, that the source is a DC insider and that he discovered the source at the John Adam's Awards held in DC at the end of September. To listen to Murray, he has Assange's confidence (except the whole "discover" thing). That rules out Seth Rich because Seth Rich was murdered in July. Assange doesn't confirm anything Murray says but Wikileaks tweets links to Craig Murray making statements on his website.

Deliberately muddying the water and opportunistically using the murder of Seth Rich to do it?

Another interesting thing is that Assange (and Murray for that matter) seems to be confirmating a single source — "the source" — for both the DNC emails and the Podesta emails. Podesta's email was on gmail. Unless Podesta gave the emails to WL, the Podesta emails are by definition material gained from a hack.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
Assange is one sketchy dude. He said he didn't release anything on Trump because it wasn't "interesting". Who made him the arbitrator of what is interesting or not?

He has definitely picked a horse in this race, and I bet someone picked it for him.

There's too much logic in your post.

It'll never be accepted by the Assange posse.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The source could be related to Seth which means the necessity for confidentiality might remain.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
And the left ignores comments directed at them and continues to pat each other on the back while blaming the right. Shocker...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Who the hell cares where Wikileaks got the emails from? The phishing attack that scored them was clearly Russian in origin.

I don't care if Wikileaks got the emails from a homeless man on a subway.

It doesn't change the fact that Russia was behind the spearphising attempt on Podesta via those link-shortner Bitly links.

We know what the person who created/sent that Bitly link was after, as their account wasn't secured just right. The phishing campaign with those malicious links were only sent to anti-Russian people, Democrats, and US military assets.

If I rob a jewelry store and hand you the stolen jewelry and you sell it to a pawn shop, does that change who perpetrated the theft in the first place?

Sure, the pawn shop didn't get stolen goods from the me, the thief -- but I'm still the thief.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I agree who cares. All that matters is that corruption was exposed.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I agree who cares. All that matters is that corruption was exposed.

Yep, corruption in the GOP to cover it up...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Wait, I'm funnier than you and also I'm not being angry. Why you get all the stars? Pass the trophy over, friend, or the Tribble gets in Trouble. And by Tribble, I mean the "Tribble". Ssh.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Here sir. A star and a medal.
And a Polish beer on me.

Wait a second, did you say you're funnier than me?! Haha, sure buddy.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Seeing how Trump went against the GOP....hm.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join