It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s 17 cabinet picks have more money than a third of Americans combined

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I assume it would be preferred that he appoint community organizers who have lived off the charity of their "backers" whom would likely come round later expecting their payback? At least these people answer to themselves, and soon, the president.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

What about the proposed lobbying ban? They must terminate their lobbying registrations and agree not to lobby for 5-years after their term.

I think that's a great idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance OK, fine. The biggest mistake Trump supporters make is to ignore the words of warning they are freely given by those who see him for what he truly is. A con man and carnival barker. The truly sad thing is you all have no idea of the real freight train you have let loose upon us all.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

All things being equal and all things being true.
How's these last 50 years been for the average citizen with the normal slew of filth that have been running the show?
From my point of view it hasnt been all that great for us and has worked out pretty well for them...... and happy days seem to always be just one election away.
When will it be ok to give up on the way things are...... and try something different? This election, next one..an election on some future date after everything has crashed and burned?
Lets leave our children something more than "business as usual. more of the same". Let's be guilty of trying something that didnt work...instead of doing like prior generations.... nothing at all.
These people that have been selected to run the show all have so much money that, if they intend on doing whats right.... no one can afford to "buy them off".... a million dollars, 10 million dollars... its all chump change to them. No one can offer them a bigger home or a vacation home on an exotic island..... they already have 25 of them.
For the first time in our life times, we may have the deck stacked in our favor.... and that slim chance is better than knowing 100% that they are stacked against us.

edit on 16-12-2016 by Zimnydran because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
For those wondering, here is what Trump said actually said about Draining the Swamp:

It is time to drain the swamp in Washington, D.C.

That is why I am proposing a package of ethics reforms to make our government honest once again.

First: I am going to institute a 5-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government after they leave government service.

Second: I am going to ask Congress to institute its own 5-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.

Third: I am going to expand the definition of lobbyist so we close all the loopholes that former government officials use by labeling themselves consultants and advisors when we all know they are lobbyists.

Fourth: I am going to issue a lifetime ban against senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

Fifth: I am going to ask Congress to pass a campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

These cabinet members have been rich right through this terrible recession and our multi wars. So, where are the trickle down rural manufacturing jobs? I don't know why everyone is so angry at democrats and Obama. Taxes go up every year locally for poor and working class. We have had nothing but republican representations for about 25 yrs. Property taxes, grocery taxes, water, sewage, garbage taxes, recreation taxes, medical taxes(why does a mammogram every 6 months cost 3K, does the machine ever get paid off?). More tax cuts are coming for the wealthy and that is the only thing that trickles down to the rest of us, the burden of keeping the rich.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

We need that kind of business experience to turn our Government into an efficient, business

No, government is not a business and if it becomes one it won't represent the majority of Americans who aren't business owners.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Gee I don't know... there are lots of people out there with massive and specialized expertise in all facets of government activity. People with PhD's in management, security, urban planning, economics, healthcare management, environmental science, etc. People who are the tops in their fields. They just don't happen to be multi-millionaires with huge conflicts of interests. My stopwatch is running on how soon it is before the Cheeto in Chief drops the evil Obama Admin sanctions on Russia (for invading and absorbing two independent countries) so Tllison's Exxon can reap the $550B windfall they're expected to get from that. But I'm sure Sect'y T won't benefit one bit personally. Trump drained some of the swamp only to replace it with the cesspool.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

He never WAS going to keep those promises. He just jaw boned to the Republican base who lapped it up, hook, line & sinker.

Get ready for Bush 2.0

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: projectvxn
I'm not a religious man, but envy is a sin for a reason.

So is greed!

Being successful in this country is always derided as greed.

It's like we're appealing to the lowest common denominator in order to make the least successful feel better.

So how do you feel about successful George Soros?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I already mentioned this in another thread, and I'm not going to retype it all here, but with a couple exceptions each appointment has been toward people with extensive ties/experience in their respective posts based on Trump's vision of America.

Tillerson, for example, has close ties with Russia. He's going to be SoS. The question is not whether he is wealthy, it is do we want war with Russia?

I don't. I want peaceful relations with Russia. So I want someone as SoS that understands Russia and is already on good terms with them. I would only want someone who despises Russia in that position if I supported war with Russia.

I guess a lot of people are war-mongers now.

Betsy DeVos is an avid advocate for localization of schools. Nationalization hasn't produced good results; we are behind some third-world countries on education and spent huge sums of money to be there. Maybe it's time we tried a new approach.

Sessions has a record of being an aggressive prosecutor and of not caring who he prosecutes. He'll go all bulldog on a billionaire as easy as he will a bum on the street if they're guilty. He won't just drain the swamp; he'll drain it, wash it down, drain it again, and exterminate every parasite within 10 miles of it.

There's only one realistic explanation for the reactions some have to these choices: they're not afraid of what these appointees will do, they're afraid of their leaders being exposed for what they didn't do.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Great news. Winners in power, instead of lazy free loaders who've never achieved anything in their lives.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Great post, TheRedNeck! Concise answers that explain a big reason why Donald Trump will be among the best Presidents' ever.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

Quite a bit of that has to do with government pensions, which is solely the fault of government.
Companies have to restructure when pensions are making them uncompetitive, .gov simply taxes more.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
No it's not. This isn't about 'war with Russia'. This is about whether Tillerson and the rest of these 'businessmen' will be acting in the best interests of the USA or their own personal interests/business interests. That's it. Tillerson has self-admitted personal and business ties with Russia. What if Russia (being a mafia surrogate) interprets that as favorable treatment (and you can bet your ass they do -- it's all over their media)? And what if Tillerson doesn't play ball as they now expect he will/should? And what if he does?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm as far removed from a Trump supporter as they come, and think the notion he's anti-establishment is absurd beyond words, but I find this guilty until proven innocent mentality towards wealthy people to be contemptible.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ah hell.....I just knew he was going to grab some of those workers from McDonald's.

Damn right he has some of the richest and most successful people in charge. And this is a problem, why?

Oh yeah, because we live in the land of "give me give me give me". How dare someone earn a living and get to keep their money.

Again, another reason Trump won!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Businessmen are businessmen. It's what they do. It's what they have always done. Is it reasonable to assume that someone will suddenly change their behavior and NOT put business interest ahead of their national responsibilities? Would you be comfortable having a known pedophile babysit your kids? I mean just because they've acted in a particular way in the past doesn't mean they'll continue to act the same way in a different role. Right?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

You're right; it's about good relations with Russia.

Peace is the goal. Do you disagree?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

That just reinforced my post. Innocent until proven guilty is a principle I thought we embodied as Americans. I'm passionate about it anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join