It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s 17 cabinet picks have more money than a third of Americans combined

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here let me derp on your topic.

On average, families at or below the 25th percentile were $13,000 in debt in net assets.

Its not hard. Having a net asset value of zero likely puts a household at 33rd percentile or so.

Here would you like some herp to your derp.

It turns out that 7 in 10 Americans have less than $1,000 in their savings account. From USA Today: Last year, GoBankingRates surveyed more than 5,000 Americans only to uncover that 62% of them had less than $1,000 in savings. Last month GoBankingRates again posed the question to Americans of how much they had in their savings account, only this time it asked 7,052 people. The result? Nearly seven in 10 Americans (69%) had less than $1,000 in their savings account. Breaking the survey data down a bit further, we find that 34% of Americans don’t have a dime in their savings account, while another 35% have less than $1,000. Of the remaining survey-takers, 11% have between $1,000 and $4,999, 4% have between $5,000 and $9,999, and 15% have more than $10,000.

I am not saying these people are not rich, but this is truly not hard. Americans are a lot poorer then they pretend they are.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What promise did Trump break?

He promised to surround himself with the best and brightest.

OP confirmed they are all very successful.

Promise kept.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

He picked people who don't need their positions to make money. They already have money, unlike all the elected leaders who somehow become wealthy after they get elected.

If he's smart he already told them the buck stops here. You got rich, time to pay it back.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

I'm not a religious man, but envy is a sin for a reason.

So is greed!

Being successful in this country is always derided as greed.

It's like we're appealing to the lowest common denominator in order to make the least successful feel better.

That's quite a bit of projection. Let's talk about facts.

Let's talk about Wall Street bankers ruining the country because of junk derivatives, and then getting paid millions in bonuses. Does that sound like success to you? Is that how capitalism is supposed to work? Is this me being envious?

ETA: Even Microsoft is not anything particularly innovative. Bill Gates bought DOS, and Microsoft strong armed competitors out of the business when there were freely available operating systems which were better in many ways. CEOs used to make about 10x the amount of the lowest paid workers, now they often make more than 300x their workers. Often CEOs will tank a companies stock or profits, and walk away with the same exorbitant salary. THIS IS NOT ENVY, IT IS GREED
edit on 16-12-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Can you prove any of the people in his cabinet had anything to do with any of that? Or do you just assume they had something to do with it because they have more than you do?
edit on 16 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Even Microsoft is not anything particularly innovative. Bill Gates bought DOS, and Microsoft strong armed competitors out of the business when there were freely available operating systems which were better in many ways.

He bought something and made it profitable. Where's the harm in that?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
what did everyone expect?....mega-rich F's now run this country...I'm shocked!!!!!!....yawn

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
what did everyone expect?....mega-rich F's now run this country...I'm shocked!!!!!!....yawn

Who would you rather be running the country?

Honestly?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
OP, how do you feel about fantasy football? I mean, a person allowed to stack his team with the leagues best players, the shock and horror. You anti's are still grasping at air to discredit the will of the American people.
Get. The. %#$@. Over. It.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

You're just mad that Trump brought in people that aren't owing anyone any favors. As I stated above.
Get. The. $&%#. Over. It.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm not a religious man, but envy is a sin for a reason.

So is greed!

Being successful in this country is always derided as greed.

It's like we're appealing to the lowest common denominator in order to make the least successful feel better.

That's quite a bit of projection. Let's talk about facts.

Let's talk about Wall Street bankers ruining the country because of junk derivatives, and then getting paid millions in bonuses. Does that sound like success to you? Is that how capitalism is supposed to work? Is this me being envious?

ETA: Even Microsoft is not anything particularly innovative. Bill Gates bought DOS, and Microsoft strong armed competitors out of the business when there were freely available operating systems which were better in many ways. CEOs used to make about 10x the amount of the lowest paid workers, now they often make more than 300x their workers. Often CEOs will tank a companies stock or profits, and walk away with the same exorbitant salary. THIS IS NOT ENVY, IT IS GREED

And who was president during this period in time?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sure, let's start with Betsy Devos. She got her money from an inheritance (same as Trump). Not sure I'd call that "success".

Tillerson was the CEO of an oil company. I'm guessing you probably don't even believe in climate change, but to think that this man has somehow benefited the public good (which is ultimately the theory of capitalism, that your success is reflective of the good you give to society), when they fund faulty science to muddy the waters on climate change, and buy up patents to prevent electric cars from becoming popular. If you're not swayed by this argument, just think of it again in 20 years and think of the costs incurred then

The oil industry, through its major lobby group the Western States Petroleum Association, is brought to task for financing campaigns to kill utility efforts to build public car charging stations. Through astroturfing groups like "Californians Against Utility Abuse" they posed as consumers instead of the industry interests they actually represented. Mobil and other oil companies are also shown to be advertising directly against electric cars in national publications, even when electric cars seem little to do with their core business. At the end of the film Chevron bought patents and controlling interest in Ovonics, the advanced battery company featured in the film ostensibly to prevent modern NiMH batteries from being used in non-hybrid electric cars. The documentary also refers to manipulation of oil prices by overseas suppliers in the 1980s as an example of the industry working to kill competition and keep customers from moving toward alternatives to oil.

From en.wikipedia.org...

This whole notion of envy has been sold to the lowest common denominators by those with power so that they can maintain power. Those with money lobby those with power to create laws which benefit them, enabling them to make even more money, at the expense of the people.. That is not capitalism, that is corporatism.

There should be some social stratification, some should make more than others. Success should be rewarded, but the dimensions of that have gone so far off the rails that they don't correspond to reality anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

What about the proposed lobbying ban? They must terminate their lobbying registrations and agree not to lobby for 5-years after their term.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Sure, let's start with Betsy Devos. She got her money from an inheritance (same as Trump). Not sure I'd call that "success".

That evil witch.

Tillerson was the CEO of an oil company. I'm guessing you probably don't even believe in climate change

I am an avid advocate of scientific literacy. Don't assume things. I don't put political religion above everything else. That said, being a CEO of a oil company isn't an inherently bad thing...Unless you think it is, and I can't help you with that.

and buy up patents to prevent electric cars from becoming popular. If you're not swayed by this argument, just think of it again in 20 years and think of the costs incurred then

This is a common misconception of the electric car. Most of the issues with EVs have to do with their range and energy storage capacity. I am happy to say that Tesla has made major headway in this arena.

So far you haven't provided any evidence of wrong doing. Just accusations.

Edit:

Not even accusations against specific individuals either, or even relevant accusations.

edit on 16 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
They have more WEALTH, not income. Huge difference.

Wealth is things is like ownership in factories, ownership in companies, etc.

If you gave that ownership in say a car company to the bottom 1/3 of the US population and let them make decisions to run it, what would happen? They would quickly run its value to 0 and you'd be right back where you started..

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I may defend trump on some of my threads, but I have reason to believe he is a Jesuit/Illuminati in disguise. No matter who people would have voted for the end result would have been the same.

trump Called out for a new world order in the dinner roast speech while he and Hillary laughed with each-other in the background Joking like old friends. (So much for the crooked Hillary bit.)

I hope I am wrong, but I will never forget what he said in his speech.

We can also agree on the need to stand up to anti-Catholic bias
Who would have thought we would be witnessing what we are witnessing today? We have got to be very strong, very, very smart, and we've got to come together not only as a nation, but as a world community. Full dinner roast speech.

The catholic Church is Illuminati Central, Mystery Babylon. Just letting Christians know for discernment purposes.

As to why I defend him despite knowing this fact? Trump is a way of buying time. The NWO will grow slower with him in office. Had Hillary won we would be in WW3 right now.

But again, I hope I am wrong. For now I simply observe and wait and see what he does once he is in office. Maybe he was playing them? Atleast I give him the benefit of the doubt. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Cool.

It's about time people are appointed that don't need the money.

Agreed! The Clinton Foundation's wealth/influence holds no temptation for Trump's cabinet. That's 4 sure!

Also, Americans should THANK the ultra-wealthy when they enjoy U.S. government benefits like Medicare, The Highways, Yellowstone park, etc., because:

"The top 1 percent (1.3 million filers) paid a greater share of income taxes (37.8 percent) than the bottom 90 percent (124.5 million filers) combined (30.2 percent)."

Source: taxfoundation.org...
edit on 12/16/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
How many of the 17 have claimed bankruptcy?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What promise did Trump break?

He promised to surround himself with the best and brightest.

OP confirmed they are all very successful.

Promise kept.

Draining the swamp, kickin the establishment into the back, jailing Hillary, buidling a wall, caring for the "left-behind and because of that enraged and concerned" citizens, keeping the Wallstreet out of the governemnt, and so on and on.

It seems that voters of the loudest screaming rightwingers have problems with their memory, they forgot what they elected Trump for. Or they are blind or not willing to see what happens right now.

It´s funny how your new king, as least he thinks he is one now, is establishing an even more worse feudal rule than before in that US oligarchy, called "democracy". More funny is that all his voters get fooled more and more, from day to day, but are celebrating and defending their new king of the castle. Funny is how people take an individual serious that uses Twitter the whole days, as the 140 sign king.

Funny is how people defend the new king because he is doing now the exact same thing they critized Dronebama for, gathering people around him that allegedly knew what they did. Funny is how the enraged, concerned and left-behind" people celebrate him now for establishing only the military and the money, saying that these individuals have enough money and can´t be bribed because of that.

Yeah, because we all know that greed stops, the richer those individuals get. We all know that they say, when they have enough for their life, that they stop being greedy now, that they stop to make and horde money, that they stop to dodge taxes, that they stop to exploit people to make money, and all that. Sure, that´s reality. The more rich a to bribed individual is, the higher are the bribes, nothing else! That is the reality!

But one believes what he wants, if he is blinded by hate about himself and his shi**y life, even if the reality in front of his eyes is the exact opposite of what they allegedly stand for.

I will grab some popcorn now and will watch the newly installed and visible to the public industrial-military complex in the white house "(if Trump makes it really into the White House)save the enraged, concerned and left-behind" Trump voters, with no minimum wage, no health insurance, but with the "help" of billionaires, with the help of the new feudal rule, with the help of the worlds greatest oligarchy...

And good that even some "enraged, concerned and left-behind" people in europe get their eyes opened now, before they choose their own butcher, by voting for him!

Edit

About that wall. Think about what walls are able to do, they don´t work only on one side. Ask the east germans!
I guess if ever a maybe coming Trump kingdom will build a wall, it´s not to keep mexicans out, but to keep US americans in!
edit on 16 12 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Give him time to build the wall and drain the swamp. He isn't even POTUS yet...Jesus you people need to calm down before saying he isn't keeping his promises.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join