It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Utopia Could Work.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
At what point do we love our neighbors, stop the baseless bickering and say # it enough is enough I've been thinking and difference does it make, whether destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty, patriotism and/or democracy?

I have an idea for a utopian society all thoughts all welcome from all ATS no matter your pre-conceived affiliations, some ideas are snippets from personal thoughts, snippets from scifis, comics.. etc.. rambling thoughts. Could be ascribed to order from much chaos, whatever.. just hear me out ATS ok.

or a state of things, where perfection exists – no war, hunger, unhappiness – has been a dream of many for centuries for good

utopia (noun) an imaginary land where every one is happy. Utopia is an imaginary place where only good things happen, and good people live ...

I saw a thread on ATS that said a Utopia couldn't work, the theory always revolves around currency and the fact that eventually funnels into the %1 one way or another. All people dream of paradise. No matter what your perspective of paradise might be, for my hypothetical it is described as the age old dream of a world where everybody would live in harmony, united by a single common will and faith.

Imagine a glass house on the hill with pine trees and wonderful neighbors, if the %1 did not exploit these archetypes, which are deep inside us all and rooted deep in all politics and all religions, it could never attract so many people, especially during the early phases of its existence. Once the dream of paradise starts to turn into reality, however, here and there people begin to crop up who stand in its way. and so the rulers of paradise must build a little gulag on the side of Eden. This is not a left or right thing. And In the course of time this gulag grows ever bigger and more perfect, while the adjoining paradise gets even smaller and poorer.

A Utopia could work

We would live in a world where currency is obsolete and to to get out you would have to put in. Friends and strangers would be able to rate your reputation and prevalence out of five stars, on the worlds first governmental state-sponsored app It would be called "Ether"
, it would be a blend between the most popular social platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, but it would be mostly like periscope, it would work with both smartphones, VR technology and standard smart lenses that display everyone's name and current rating in real-time.

You can be whoever you want NASCAR driver, a plumber, a nurse ,a fisherman, a store cashier, a software engineer, a magician, a lion tamer, a window washer, or a astrophysicist. Any community service (job) would be acceptable, all are acceptable but not all will be rated equally. Ehat ultimately matters is its your choice because you're now in my utopia. Everyone is socially acceptable, and not that it's mandatory, it's just because its who we are, And instead of social security card a a social security smartphone or tablet would be provided to every citizen by the state no matter you or your parents ratings prior to or upon birth,

Not only would this implementation affect day-to-day lifestyle, but it would also affect social standing, below 2.5's and lower would be considered lower-class, And to afford to live in an exclusive estate, you would have to have a rating of 4.5 or above, and the best way to improve your own rating would be to simply be yourself and socialize with other highly ranked people, that would be because their ratings would be able to carry more weight, than let's say a 1.5. Society would function as it functions now except everything is ripe for everyone's own wilt.

Not to be confused with not contributing and driving around in a Ferrari, Your incentives would vary In your own unique intricate socioeconomic status, an example is a middle-class beneficiary would need to maintain between 2.2 - 3.0 to recieve most valuable sponsored incentives. Things like ATV's, hover-boards, fishing-boats, or other "Ether" sponsored incentives like free fine-dining at 5 star restaurants that would have squillium Fancyson in tears. I know this could work because everyone would maintain gainful employment simply to keep their ratings up so they can also recieve anything they want free things of which are also built by others who are also providing for the community to keep their ratings up.

The likes of Teachers, Brain surgeons, Firemen, Doctors, Astronauts, Astronomers, Geologists etc.. Would be among the elite of society bankers would be maybe 3.0 depending on their socially attained ratings by friend families and co-workers and random strangers, it would be mandatory to attain a 4.4 or higher to attain such positions of the publicly attained socially sponsored elites(Brain surgeons, doctors, astronauts, astronomers etc..) functions of society.
edit on 15-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Human Species has another 50,000 years to go before it's globally possible.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
More likely to become a dystopia. Either that or never.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

How so?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just can't see it happening. Humans aren't wired for that type of cooperation and selflessness. The only creatures that are capable of this is are lower intelligence creatures like insects. You certainly don't see anything remotely like this among any mammal.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I believe it could work, explain to me exactly how this would not work.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The Utopia you have presented sounds like Hell on Earth. I would make it my mission to tear it apart. And that is why Utopia is not possible, everyone has their own thoughts, free will and all. I don't like what you presented, therefore war would ensue.

Thats that.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

That's how it always ends. It looks great, but it really isn't. Anyways people don't like freedom even if they think they do. They like order, structure, stability, security and the illusion of freedom.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've thought about it often. A world where currency would be obsolete and people come together to strive for something more.

However... it's a dream; a beautiful dream. And unfortunately, I believe that is where the idea of Utopia will remain... within the realm of one's dreams.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sound like people are just scared, no one is telling me exactly how this wouldn't be better than our current deal with the devil.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It can work just fine... in a video game.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

Sound like people are just scared, no one is telling me exactly how this wouldn't be better than our current deal with the devil.

Because we are INDIVIDUALS with FREE WILL. There will always be someone who wants to do their own thing and thus a Utopia cannot exist. You cannot share everything. For example, what if I decide I want to bang your wife? I mean, hey we are all in this together, so let me hit that a few nights. Share and share alike.

Or what if I decide I want a bigger house? What if I come up with something innovative and want to be compensated for my efforts?

If it were so easy to create a Utopia, it would have happened already.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I suggest reading the entire OP before posting a response please.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

easy to create a Utopia, it would have happened already.

You are also

Appealing to Tradition - Trying to get someone to accept something because it has been done or believed for a long time.

Example: This is the way we've always done it. Therefore, it is the right way.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It won't work because I don't care for it, and therefore would declare war on the faction attempting to enforce it. If we are at war, there goes your utopia. Better or worse than what we have now, if someone does not like it they will fight it. I would fight it. I fight the system now in my own way, like not keeping deposits in banks and figuring out loopholes to dodge insurance.

I would troll your system by voting every single human down to 0 if possible, an just point lasers and # everywhere messing up the smart lenses and peoples vision if they refuse to vote me a 5. Others would follow, it moves on to pillage and loot. Then violent counters, and more counter attacks etc etc the story of life repeats.

Besides, this sounds exactly like an episode from that British sci-fi called Black Mirror.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
A utopia for whom?
You and I have different ideas on what a utopia means to us as individuals.
What you describe is a popularity contest, and that is not a utopia. That is mob rule.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Why do you keep saying war? Why would we be at war in a Utopian society?

took some pointers from off mixture of random thoughts, Black mirror, and person of interest

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I did read your post. I can't help it if you don't want to accept critiques.

Again, the issue with a Utopia of any kind is that we are all individuals with our own thoughts and desires. Unless you create a society with lobotomized zombies who can't think for themselves, you cannot have a utopia because what may be great for you may not be great for someone else.

In your system, people would try to manipulate the voting so they could be part of the upper classes.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
A utopia for whom?
You and I have different ideas on what a utopia means to us as individuals.
What you describe is a popularity contest, and that is not a utopia. That is mob rule.
I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

BM is a cool show btw. But all I could think about is how I would just walk around voting everyone down to 0. Or just snatching phones out of their hands and smashing them. They were all still looking in phones and #. I thought I explained it well though. We would be at war because I would declare war on those attempting to enforce this alleged "Utopia" upon me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join