It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Christmas Truce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
One of the most unique stories i ever heard was called the Christmas truce around Christmas in the year of 1914.
Men from both sides ventured into no man's land on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to mingle and exchange food and souvenirs. There were joint burial ceremonies and prisoner swaps, while several meetings ended in carol-singing. Men played games of football with one another, giving one of the most memorable images of the truce.

The Christmas truces were particularly significant due to the number of men involved and the level of their participation—even in very peaceful sectors, dozens of men openly congregating in daylight was remarkable—and are often seen as a symbolic moment of peace and humanity amidst one of the most violent events of human history.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

This must have scared the living hell out of the war pigs.
What if they refuse to fight?
What if they question why are we killing these people who we have never met?
What if the war pigs can't sell their weapons, to both sides?
More importantly, what if the centralizing of banks can't take place in the US?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It's fascinating and fantastic. I could definitely be wrong but wasn't there another Christmas mini-truce during WWII as well?

It's amazing how powerful the day can be.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe every day should be Christmas.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Didn't something like this happen during the American civil war as well?

ETA: Okay, I looked it up and according to a few things I read the troops were mostly isolated from each other in winter quarters but there were a few sporadic instances of enemy troops fraternizing.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sad and glorious that on this one day young men, fighting for a cause they probably don't understand and is bogus on both sides, their humanity allows them to forget and embrace.

If only everyday could be that day.

new topics

top topics

join