It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to supply weapons to USA's enemies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I can't say if this is true or not, coming from Pravda, but it wouldn't surprise me, given how hostile Trump has been to China over the last year. Maybe insulting, provocating and verbally attacking powerful countries isn't the smartest thing for a President elect to do?

www.pravdareport.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Why is this anything new? They have been supplying our enemies since the Korean War.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Except Obama has been supporting Taiwan...not Trump..

From your source.

If Washington continues to provide support to Taiwan and deliver weapons there, China may support other countries similarly, especially if these countries are hostile to Washington, Chinese media outlets said.

Do people read their own sources? It goes on to mention Trump, but it clearly shows if this policy continues under Trump rather than anything he has done.
edit on 15-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

China to supply weapons to USA's enemies

And vice versa.

I am fairly certain it is nothing new.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ante up, bitches.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
I am fairly certain it is nothing new.

I guess the people who wrote this article thought that prior to this our enemies got their armaments by Weapons Gnomes who left RPGs, Kalashnikovs and SAMs outside their doors every night.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
China is a small country between Brazil and France. We have nothing to fear unless they stop importing Mongolian Beef.

That stuff rocks.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

How is this anything new?

Oh, right, it's Trump. We was just bestus pals with China right up 'til Nov. 9th.

Where've you been the past half century?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

...and so we should.

I'll take a Taiwan over the Peoples Republic of China any day, frankly.

Not yearnin' for a war or anything of such stupidity, but to pretend that Taiwan doesn't exist is just asinine.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
....and????

Hell the US has been supplying its own enemies with weapons for at least the last 15 yrs...

Maybe WE can stop and let someone else do it for a change
edit on 12/15/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Hell the US has been supplying its own enemies with weapons for at least the last 15 yrs...

When did we start selling the Canadians guns?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

given how hostile Trump has been to China

I'd call it assertive and taking no BS and asserting US economic dominance - hostile would indicate aggression which is more the Bush/Obama way of doing things.

Trump has appointed Iowa governor Terry Branstad, a lifelong friend of Beijing, as the next US Ambassador to China in the hopes of strengthening ties.

Now, I'm literally listening to Trumps live speech in Hershey, PA (Fox news) as I type this and he has again reiterated his desire to rebuild the US military such as has never seen before.

Looks like weapons manufacturers, from all sides, will be making lots of coin innit???

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Beat me to it. Warmongers sell weapons in order to make war. This is nothing out of the ordinary and something we and many others have been guilty of for centuries.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Funny thing is this isn't even about Trump, but the OP made it so. I agree the USA should continue to back Taiwan. To do anything else would show weakness and these past 8 years have made the USA appear weak as is.
edit on 15-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
War is a business. We should praise China for becoming more capitalistic and entering the market place of blood and death.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 15-12-2016 by olaru12 because: xoxoxo0

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

It would be interesting to see how any country could break the cycle and not be a war-mongering state without being subjected to attacks from other countries.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, I suppose you could be the Swiss (the good Germans) and hold all the bank accounts.

But we should invade them anyway and take all their clocks.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Swiss are only seconded by the Canadians as being the most vile war-hungry, blood-thirsty people.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

THAT is DISGUSTING !
I can 't BELIEVE you are so cynical that you ACTUALLY believe that.

WE only kill the ones that WON'T take a McDonalds franchise, outright.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I support Taiwan, the TRUE CHINA and not the corrupt communist peoples republic.
---
Ever seen Lord of War? Gun running is nothing new and to be honest, the rookie mistake of admitting it like a nation state such as china means the US can capitalize on that intent.
We all know countries do it, its just not widely talked or acknowledged.
In the case of Taiwan, they need our protection, they are quite literally THE MOST defensless democratic nation in danger of being invades by a foreign and hostile communist regime who can't let go of the fact that Taiwan is its own country.

If Taiwan, a democratic nation is attacked and the US doesn't come to its aid, what message are we sending all other smaller and fragile democratic nations? Side with the commies to advert war? Seeing as the greatest of democracies didn't stwp in, who would blame them?

One china policy be damned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join