It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Came From The Deep - The Muriwai Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just came across this article and found it interesting, looking at the photos provided in the video and in the news source this creature or whatever it may be looks strange to me. Does anyone know what it is? People are claiming it is a piece of driftwood covered in gooseneck barnacles.

Any ideas?

Mystery surrounds huge barnacle-covered ‘alien’ that washed up on a New Zealand beach

News Article.

edit on 15-12-2016 by LordOfDestruction because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2016 by LordOfDestruction because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LordOfDestruction

Sadly I think it may be Cthulhu's ugly nephew who didn't make it past his early 500s

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Maybe it is his daughter Cthylla

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

haha nice!

Also that pink creature in the other video looked like some sort of marine sand worm or maybe even a sea slug of some sort, but I would lean more towards a sand worm

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I really have zero idea what that is/was. It does look pretty big to me, although there isnt a lot to get scale of the thing except for maybe the barnacles on it. In the article it mentioned it possibly being an ancient canoe....which seems really far fetched, but it kind of looks like one I guess....interesting to look at nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It is just a large driftwood tree

Muriwai Beach ‘seamonster’ mystery solved

A large driftwood tree covered in gooseneck barnacles sits in the sun on Auckland's west coast
www.theaustralian.com.au...
edit on 15-12-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Weird in deed, when i first saw it was thinking stone but as said it's probably drift wood, thinking the second is some worm type.

thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
100% some type of gooseneck barnacles on some substrate (probably a log) that washed up. Anyone who has spent there days living near the ocean would recognize it in a second.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Look's like a rotting whale carcass but then again I am no zoologist.

Whale's like humpback's sometime's have crustacean's like barnacles on them and of course if part of a dying whale's body was over run with them it would be more likely to survive than the easier to rot away part's simply because these little critters would be shielding it with there body's, as the tissue rotted away around them this may leave streamers of rotting flesh with the barnacle on the end of them.

That's my guess but hey it could be Chthulu's relative as Famcore and LordofDestruction say, it is however not likely to be Cilla or Caribdis they live near or in the Mediterranean apparently.

Ahh too late I posted this before reading the other comment's Gmoneystunt has it.

edit on 15-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Im glad it got debunked and was not some crazy unexplained sea monster, i live on the Adriatic coast a few months a year, cant say that i have ever seen this.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Probably a whale. There are tenches off new zealand. Anything could be down there.

new topics

top topics

join