It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s some serious political drama in North Carolina right now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Yeah, the KKK was well underway to hold a Victory Parade in Trump's honor but the good people of NC protested it so I think it was canceled or postponed.

In any case, not surprised the GOP is full of partisan hacks.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Every political party is full of partisans, the act of being part of one party is itself partisan.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have no doubt the opposing Party would do the same if the situation were reversed. For now the incumbents are not yet in office, so it is, what it is. Just more partisan garbage littering the landscape being tossed by both sides.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Partisan HACKS. Which means they put party above all else.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Yeah, the KKK was well underway to hold a Victory Parade in Trump's honor but the good people of NC protested it so I think it was canceled or postponed.

Nope. Just moved to a different town, actually.

In any case, not surprised left-wingers are jerking each other off over the right-wingers getting caught doing something wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Well, none of us here can pretend we know all about NC's politics but Republicans clearly are famous for being partisan hacks while the Democrats are famous for being weak push overs so I seriously doubt they would have done the same. Or we can look back to recent history to see if the Dems have done the same and see what we find.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh so the parade is still a Go, eh? Interesting.

If you're talking about circle jerks then look no further because conservatives. Also see: echo chamber.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: FauxMulder

Partisan HACKS. Which means they put party above all else.

Statement still stands. If anything, the Dems stand by each other no matter what. The GOP always seems to turn on their own as soon as a little media pressure is applied. The hacks are everywhere, it's not exclusive to one party.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

That both Parties are full of people with bad intentions is pretty easy to see once a person takes off the partisan glasses.

Obama will most certainly be and already is taking as much action as he can before he leaves for example. It's always been that way and no Party is innocent of it.

If your honest with yourself, they do it because it's legal and they are still in the office. Their term is not yet up.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The parade already happened.

The echo chamber comment is rich, considering the comments in this thread with the most stars all belong to left-wingers, who just happen to be agreeing with each other and echoing the same sentiment.

So no, I need look no further than left-wingers. Left or right, you all do the same silly #, just about different issues.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That both Parties are full of people with bad intentions is pretty easy to see once a person takes off the partisan glasses.

Obama will most certainly be and already is taking as much action as he can before he leaves for example. It's always been that way and no Party is innocent of it.

If your honest with yourself, they do it because it's legal and they are still in the office. Their term is not yet up.

Yea but that's different because Obama isn't a republican. Duh.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Thanks for the link and the story -- new one for me. I googled for other news reports on it, and it sure looks like rabid partisanship in a game of tit-for-tat. Cooper is threatening to sue them once he takes office

I think the time is ripe for the rise of other parties at the local level. If they had to form coalitions with other groups, neither side could get away with this kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They are having a lot of protestors arrested. Including one reporter. Whats happening right now is disgusting no matter which side it is happening on.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

They protested something they thought was KKK, but wasn't. Fail

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This kind of stuff has been going on in NC for a while.

US Supreme Court to draw lines on NC gerrymandering case Read more at www.wral.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Don't mistake me for a Republican or Democrat. I've had my fill of both.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oh I wasn't. Just filling in the inevitable democrat response ahead of time.

That's what is so damn ironic about all of this: even on ATS, folks see all kinds of wrong with "the other side" but when it's pointed out that their "side" is doing something similar or identical, they just don't see it. The mental flexibility is simply amazing to behold.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

The KKK is still quite alive and active

The KKK in the south is priminarly a Democratic institution

No, it's a white supremacy institution. I would guess mostly republican, since southern states are republican.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I can't argue with that, but I admit it took a trip down both the Democratic and Republican Parties roads to learn. With age and experience comes a realization the politicians are bestest buddies behind the scenes, when they are not putting on their kabuki show.

As long as we are at each others throats and compromise is not the order of the day, we loose and those with bad intentions win.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"To know your enemy , become your enemy" -Tsun Zu

<< 1    3  4 >>

join