It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New DEA Rule Says CBD Oil is Really, Truly, No-Joke Illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
CBD oil derived from hemp is now commonly available nationwide via web sites and mail order services. Since the THC content is almost nothing, it is used for medicinal purposes. The THC percentage in this hemp derived oil (0.3 percent or less) is (was) technically legal.

www.leafly.com...

The US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made CBD oil a little more federally illegal in a little-noticed bureaucratic maneuver this morning.

Today’s Federal Register (Dec. 14, 2016) contains an item (21 CFR Part 1308) that establishes a new drug code for “marihuana extract.”

“This code,” wrote DEA Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg, “will allow DEA and DEA-registered entities to track quantities of this material separately from quantities of marihuana.” The move, the Register entry explained, is meant to bring the US into compliance with international drug-control treaties.

There is no major change in law brought about by the Register item. Rather, it serves to clarify and reinforce the DEA’s position on all cannabis extracts, including CBD oil. That position is: They are all federally illegal Schedule I substances. “Extracts of marihuana will continue to be treated as Schedule I controlled substances,” the notice says.

edit on Thu Dec 15 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is an example of a 'stick' that should break the camel's back.
We don't need or deserve a government by bureaucracy that is so STUPID.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

If "They" are branding CBD Oil as a class 1 substance its possibly because it works.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank you government for telling me what I can ingest. I am also considering having a cup of coffee...is that okay with you Fed or you wanna crack down on that also for...reasons?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
CBD is non-psychoactive! How can they classify it as a drug when it does nothing to effect consciousness. Thankfully I live in Maine and we just legalized recreational use.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If "They" are branding CBD Oil as a class 1 substance its possibly because it works.

I don't think it's a possible reason, I think it is the sole reason. With all the BIG Pharma lobbyists around Washington, no doubt many palms have been oiled, just none containing any traces of THC.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I am working on a crowd-fund project.

It gets so tiring flipping off the government on a daily basis.

So I am suggesting a giant statue of a middle finger facing Washington DC.

Who's with me?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Gotta love the fed model.

Use most of your taxes for war.

Bleed money from every beuro, agency ect.

FDA allows chemicals to be in food, food to be scientific experiments, and natural medicine is so much of a joke to them they don't acknowledge it.

Oh and thank God for the DEA, heroine deaths are at an all time high, and they focus on something that actually helps people.

I guess they actually want us to suffer and die..... After they get their money they deserve.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
let me just make shure i got this right

Schedule I includes weed heroin lsd and mdma

Schedule 2 includes oxycodone fentanyl and almost all amphedamines like Adderall used to treat nacoleptics and kids with adhd ... so this means the dea thinks meth is safer than weed ... idk about u i grew up in a meth naborhood the outcome paints a diferent storie

now schedule 3 isclude ketamine ... hold on a sec ketamine is secdual 3 whys it down there its really not used on humans anymore but its safer than weed

if i was this bad at my job id be fired

idk maby im crazzy but shouldent people with degrees for how drugs work on humans be the ones who make laws on drugs sounds crazy right puting people with actual qualifications to decide what drugs we can and cant use

the dea needs to ether be abolished or at the least everyone fired and people who can do the job right put in place

letting big pharma influance the law is about the same as letting the drug cartels control it
edit on 15-12-2016 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The DEA is just another pointless alphabet agency.

Trump has any sense he will shut that drain of resources down.

Merge it with the FBI and have it crack down on dealers of hard drugs only .

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The DEA is just another pointless alphabet agency.

Trump has any sense he will shut that drain of resources down.

Merge it with the FBI and have it crack down on dealers of hard drugs only .

Trump is a businessman remember. Who do you think will win his favor? Big business pharma elites or peons.

You think we have an Oligarchy now? Just wait you ain't seen nothing yet. Corporations will make the laws under Trump.

Look at his cabinet and advisers....see any common people?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow I swear these agencies are run by a bunch of complete tards I mean arent they supposed to be stopping illegal drugs use and "protecting" the common man from such dangers.
These agencies need to be run by people with knowledge rather than money or because they are friendly with certain people maybe we'd actually have a chance then.

#s gunna start getting bad everywhere soon though and God forbid if anyone should have an idea of how to make things a little less depressing it's ridiculous criminalising something that actually does some good they will start telling us not to breathe soon because oxygen is the sole cause of all cancers and if you do inhale it there is a 100% chance your children will be born with 2 heads 13 and a half nipples and a chopstick for a leg because "a respected source" or "an expert" told them so.

I reckon they are trying to kill us all off

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"marihuana" ?
I've never once seen marijuana spelled like that.

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
CBD is non-psychoactive! How can they classify it as a drug when it does nothing to effect consciousness. Thankfully I live in Maine and we just legalized recreational use.

Did you miss the memo? It's under recount and likely not to finish until next month sometime. Plenty of time for someone to mess with the records.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Yes but what happen's when federal law Trump's state law..see what I did there

That is the big question, how will his pick proceed? I'm rooting for ya though.

Here is a suggested framework for recreational MJ in Canada, they released it a few day's ago.
www.healthycanadians.gc.ca...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
"marihuana" ?
I've never once seen marijuana spelled like that.

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

Did you miss the memo? It's under recount and likely not to finish until next month sometime. Plenty of time for someone to mess with the records.

This is the Government issued spelling. They spelled it like this back when LaGuardia was Mayor of New York and the Rockefellers and Morgans owned the paper mills.. If You read the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 or so, they also mentioned "If 'white women' smoke Marihuana they 'may' lay down with Negroes and/or jazz musicians.." Or words to that effect and I snip You not...

There was a thread where the ex-cop w/Parkinsons went from being 'Mr. Shakey' to looking like He could field dress a Beretta F92 w/nary a problem...

Proud Member of LEAP•Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
While this sucks.... it has formerly been catagorozed with cannabis. There was no distinction. It hasn't moved, just has its own code.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That figures. We can't have Big Pharma losing out when people buy the oil instead of drugs.

new topics

top topics

join