It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bank lent me $2m so I spent it on strippers and cars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i would trade 6 months in for 6 months out with 2 million to spend.
no question

Was thinking the same thing.

6 months in jail for spending 2 million dollars?
Who knows how much he has stashed in cash somewhere hidden for when he gets out.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Wow. Now I'm actually weighing those two things. 6 mo. in jail for 2 million bucks. Hmmmmm.....I think I could probably do that.

Although aren't Aussie jails different than US jails???

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
...and when the bank increases its fees to recoup these losses that'll be "victimless" too, right?

This kid is hardly a shining example of sticking it to the man.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Can't wait to see the movie.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

He might get two million for that, too.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is hilarious.

You shouldn't have to go to jail for using a banks own greed (additional fees and overdraft charges) to screw them over. The bank got what they deserved.

Come on...use your brain. Everyone knows that this isn't this guys money. He knew it wasn't his money. He's dishonest and spent money that wasn't his. That's all there is to it. Vengeful hatred towards a bank isn't justification for stealing.

It is NEVER the customer's money. That's why it is money owed to the bank. We all know that any overdraft charges aren't our money nor is the charge(s) which was made without adequate funds to cover. Why did the bank let this go on for so long for such a large amount of funds? At what point is the customer dishonest? After three $10 cheques? After 5 $90 cheques? The bank is clearly at fault for not 'checking' themselves. This has to be a one in 2 millions odds of a thing like this ever happening. I think most accounts are shut down around $300-$500 max. It takes quite some time to spend that amount of money. Dumb bank.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Hahahaaaa! That's hilarious..maybe he does have some socked away in a safe place after all. He certainly isn't stupid; just young. The bank did that to itself...using policies that were meant to deter that kind of behavior by accruing penalties that they ostensibly would then use to screw him over. Now they're stuck eating $2mil and he got six months of inconvenience. Poetic justice.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

So you're saying the guy is completely innocent and helpless in preventing himself from doing the right, honest thing?

Really?

No. He's a thief. A thief is a thief is a thief.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Ahh but he was robbing a bigger thief?.

Home's and live's destroyed, profiteering by getting the poor ever deeper into debt creating debt slave's (ok this was just one apple on a rotten tree but the point stand's).

Now if he had given all that money to the poor how would you feel then, now admittedly he just blew it like an idiot kid but then he was just an idiot kid and in my opinion the Bank were the bigger idiot's and deserved the egg on there face, obviously the judge felt so too but had to make an example as his own higher up's were probably not givine him or her much choice hence the far more lenient sentence than the bank would have wanted.

I mean look what the Trioka did to Greece, Cyprus, Spain etc and of course though this is a bank in Australia odd's are that it is part of the Troika network or rather those behind the Troika probably have some controlling interest's there too and let's be fair THEY should be in jail for a very, very long time for what they have done, are doing and plan to do to people for there own greedy evil scheming power grab.

So WHO was the victim her, seem's to me he just relieved a bigger crook of there ill gotten gain's, gain's they really did not own anyway but had wangled one way or another out of there victim's and if you think you can trust bank's with YOUR money don't be fooled.

Of course I can understand your point if you work in the financial sector but perhaps not agree with it as it would then obviously be based on vested interest's, you know bank's are actually acting against Christian and Jewish doctrine making usary on people and basically all they really are is loan shark's.

Building society's (which the banking sector circumvented sadly) were not as evil by a far way's, they were based on a different ethos which the bank's stole (And then destroyed or circumvented the building society's to destroy the competition), originally all building society account holders were also by default share holders (there were no shares on the stock market that was a coup method used by the big shareholders to consolidate there position and undermine the nature of the institution's brought about in back room share holder meeting's, easy for a bank or those behind a bank to do just invest a lot of money into an Original building society account and by default become a major share holder), as such there were no dividend's, instead the interest paid on loan's etc was shared out according to the size of your account too your account and if you think bank's do the same or the false building society creatures they have created today then you are wrong, no they pay far less to there account holder's and far more in dividend's or share price investment's (the old rigged game of throne's we colloquially call teh stock market).

So they are money lenders backed up by bend court's whom act like heavy's and thug's and put people out of there home's, close business down and worse just like the small time crook uses his bovver boy's to break the poor guy's leg's.

So were are the co op building society's today, they are dead as a dodo because they started to outgrow the bank's and the bank's could not have that could they?.

edit on 15-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Six months in jail for $2 million? I'd take that deal in second. Of course I could think of better uses for $2 million that would set me up for life.

Agreed, until I think of it another way: "Would I allow perhaps dozens of men, all with a high probability of carrying STDs to...you know me in the (Snippy McSnip) for 6 months for $6M?

I'll take solitary confinement instead, come out full-Zen (or maniacally insane), with $2M and still a backdoor virgin.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Jeez, there's always 1!! What a ridiculous comment from a guy with the name stolen car!!! Smh banks get what they deserve! Any gangster will tell u that, can't live Ur life ripping ppl off without some payback not only highlighted a flaw in the bank but had a good time doin it, guys a legend! And from the reports not a dick either! Ran with it, caught, took his oil, job done ! a reply to: stolencar18

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

So what does he do . He lives it up and spends almost 2Million dollar buying drugs,cars,boats,stupid things and even faster women of course.

Hmm. If I was trying to find a way of explaining the disappearance of a large quantity of money, without leaving a provable paper trail or any assets that could be recovered, I'll tell the cops I spent it on hookers and blow.

Bet the guy has large bundles of cash stashed somewhere.

Unfortunately, 2 million Australian dollars is worth about USD $3.50

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
True story Friend of the family .
We had a women friend ooo 28 or so who worked at a bank .(which bank I wont say )
Anyway for almost 1.5 years she pocked money from the till > Finly after all that time the bank realized teh money was goin . How much you mite wonder after all if she just swiped a 100 here or there it can be understood .well over 110,000 $
Yes taht number is correct . Well now at this point you probly think they put her under teh jail .
Nope she spent a total of one day in jail and the bank not onlyu droped teh charges they paid her to move Far Far away .
LOL being a small town and a large bank chain it did not look so good they let her do this so long .
After all you must know she didnt steal it from peoples deposits they would have complaned up a storm if she did that .
No what she did was change teh banks own over head numbers by thousands a week . You think they mite have noticed teh invoice coming up short .
LOL go dtaht is so cool bonnie and clyd eat your heart out lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Pretty awesome 2m for 6 months, he must be laughing his nuts off.

Sounds like the film Limitless except the jail time.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
lol unique story.

but i would not take the money for 6 months in jail. i see a lot of people saying that have you guys ever even been to jail??? i have for 2 nights. and i could barely stand it. totally miserable and draining place to be for 2 days let alone 6 months
edit on 15-12-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
lol unique story.

but i would not take the money for 6 months in jail. i see a lot of people saying that have you guys ever even been to jail??? i have for 2 nights. and i could barely stand it. totally miserable and draining place to be for 2 days let alone 6 months

You have a very good point. I've been in jail before, once, for 72 hours...and it was wretched. I personally couldn't trade six months of that either, even for $2mil. But I know people who wouldn't think twice about it. Not this girl. No way.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnite247
Jeez, there's always 1!! What a ridiculous comment from a guy with the name stolen car!!! Smh banks get what they deserve! Any gangster will tell u that, can't live Ur life ripping ppl off without some payback not only highlighted a flaw in the bank but had a good time doin it, guys a legend! And from the reports not a dick either! Ran with it, caught, took his oil, job done ! a reply to: stolencar18

I'm not sure how making fun of my name makes you feel better, but knock yourself out. He's a thief. That's all there is to it. A thief. A loser. A crook. A con.

And to the poster before you saying it's cool cuz he just robbed a bigger thief? Give me a break. Even if you want to argue that the bank is a thief (which is a stretch), that doesn't make either of them correct.

What's wrong is wrong. Period.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
He still has to pay the money back, it's similar to credit card repayments.

Thing is it was the jury that convicted him, they ruled that he was in the wrong, not the magistrate/judge himself.

It is only theft if he discontinued payments back to the bank, he did not commit any crime by withdrawing mass sums of money out of his account as the bank set no limit to his account with over drafting, it would of been a crime if he ceased paying it back.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
lol unique story.

You have a very good point. I've been in jail before, once, for 72 hours...and it was wretched. I personally couldn't trade six months of that either, even for $2mil. But I know people who wouldn't think twice about it. Not this girl. No way.

county jail and city lockup sucks.....
20 people to a cell and #

get convicted like that dude did and you'd be in some minimum security federal lockup....
not saying it would be gravy but 6 months is very doable

top topics

<< 1   >>

join