It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electors are being harassed, threatened in bid to stop Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The behavior of her supporters is THE clearest indication that she was not a good choice.

Second line.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Why do they have to send death threats?

Why can't they just write an email like "Dear Elector, I live in your state, I would like you to vote for someone other than Trump because *reasons*. Yours Sincerely, some guy."

Polite, legal and they may even read and consider it, depending on the laws in the state.

Sending death threats to these people is intimidation to affect political change. Not legal.

I emailed my MP a few times over some stuff I would have liked them to vote against. Sometimes I even got a BS reply. Never once felt it necessary to send death threats.
edit on -060001am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
selective fake news. when its a Trump criticism piece, the news outlet is Trash and 'libtards' pushing their fake news agenda..
when its a favorable piece....

yea... this is mental. both the news and the shameless pick and choose of news source.

Try looking around ... Pick and choose...like I said try looking around and open your eyes and ears .... Plenty of reports of threats .... youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I know you want to be a moderator REAL bad, but guess what - you aren't one.

Care to address the rest of my post, where I dealt with the OP subject?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

It's basically, "Vote my way or we will kill you".

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

If you look at the words in the article:

Like Geise, Republican Patricia Allen of Tennessee told The Post she’s been bombarded with 2,000 emails, 120 letters and five phone calls all urging her to switch and vote against Trump.

"Urging" is not the same thing as death threats. What about those 2,000 emails, 120 letters and five phone calls that were urging her to switch? You got a problem with urging?

Or this:

She’s also been solicited by a Harvard University group backed by constitutional law Prof. Lawrence Lessig, who has offered free legal aid to electors who change their vote.

Does that sound like death threats to you?

Okay, so they list one example of a death threat. One. That's all they got? You would think if thousands and thousands of those emails/letters/phone calls were death threats, they would come up with a few more examples.

This is propaganda against the left. I'm not saying there weren't a few stray death threats, and that's bad, but implying that all or most of the communications were death threats is being disingenuous. Just more political propaganda.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know you want to be a moderator REAL bad, but guess what - you aren't one.

Care to address the rest of my post, where I dealt with the OP subject?

Nope, just trying to keep users honest and fair....per T&C

As for the rest of your post...either you are supporting death threats or derailing the thread. I have made my feelings know in other post in this thread.

The Anti-Trump crowd has shown their true colors....and they are disgusting. Their answer is to intimidate and harass the electoral voters to try and get their way...which is typical from what I have seen.

I hope the FBI rounds every person that has sent a death threat up for terrorizing our electoral process.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I hope the FBI rounds every person that has sent a death threat up for terrorizing our electoral process.

I agree. See, we can find some common ground. Where we differ is, you seem to believe that every single email was a death threat (because you seem to think that everyone on the left are evil murderous bastards), and I see no evidence of that.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No where have you read that in any of my post. This thread is about the death threats. Everyone is free to write a letter stating their feelings, and should be encouraged to do so.
I have a problem with this

For Michael Banerian, a senior at Oakland University in Michigan and a Republican elector, the harassment comes with a dark side.

He said he’s been getting death threats via email, snail mail, Twitter and Facebook.

“Somebody threatened to put a bullet in the back of my mouth,” Banerian, 22, told The Post on Wednesday.

What I don't understand is why you are acting as if this isn't happening..

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

What I have a problem with is the implication that this is a real problem with the left. Don't deny that there are many posts on this thread alone that flat out accuses everyone on the left of being evil monsters who just want to kill anyone that doesn't agree with them.

There are mean and vicious people everywhere - on BOTH sides of the political spectrum. I have a problem with a thread that spreads propaganda that the mean and vicious people are all on the left.

I also don't agree that everyone on the right is a racist/homophobe. Are there "some" conservatives who are racist? You bet there are, and I think you would admit that. But if I were to start a thread implying that racism is a real problem on the right? I think you would have an issue with that assessment, no?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This thread is dealing with the death threats that are taking place. Period.
What I see are people who are ignoring that and trying to make it out to be something different. I see this a lot, on both sides. No one wants to deal with the facts presented. I'm tired of the finger pointing.

Everyone needs to own up, this is wrong. I am not calling all left extremist....but they do exist. Denying this is just allowing them to continue.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I've already addressed the fact that death threats are bad, no matter who they come from.

You are just part of the propaganda machine on the right (the left are rabid and violent), as others are part of the propaganda machine on the left (the right are homophobes/racists/xenophobes).

Denying it will not convince me.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What!?! I'm propaganda? You are a nut, and I am beginning to think you are one of the extremist.
I am done with you. Have a great day!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Nice. Call me a nut because I don't agree with you. Typical.

I didn't say you were propaganda. That isn't even grammatically correct.

I said you were part of the propaganda machine against the left. Many, many posts from you on this site bashing the left in general and me and others specifically. Calling us nuts and stupid and crazy and violent is what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You are just part of the propaganda machine

I see things differently....you called me a propaganda machine.....do you have a reading comprehension problem? Re-read my post...here let me help

What I see are people who are ignoring that and trying to make it out to be something different. I see this a lot, on both sides. No one wants to deal with the facts presented. I'm tired of the finger pointing.

Everyone needs to own up, this is wrong. I am not calling all left extremist....but they do exist. Denying this is just allowing them to continue.

If you feel this is propaganda you are either a nut, insane, or are an extremist trying to ignore the facts.

edit on 12/16/2016 by Martin75 because: Bolding so you can see it better

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Prove me wrong - start a thread discussing something violent or extremist that only the right is doing, and talk about how it's very wrong, and it's a real problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Isn't threatening electors INTERFERING with an election? I don't know...just saying....

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yeah, and the small handful who are actually doing that should be held accountable. The other THOUSANDS who aren't doing that should be left alone to speak their mind.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join