It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Tsunami Song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't know if you guys have heard this, but I thought I'd post it up for those who didn't and I found nothing in ATS Search. Move or close this if there is already a thread.

Apparently some Hip Hop and R&B radio station morning show in New York called "Miss Jones in the Morning" created a song about the Tsunami tragedy which is racist towards various peoples but particularly asians.

Miss Jones song here (there is a bit of talking at the start):
Tsunami Song

Response from and asian rapper named Jin here:
Jin Response

I can't put into words the disgust I feel for the Tsunami Song. There is a postive side to this though, from the Hot 97 FM website:

Miss Jones and the HOT 97 Morning team have been indefinitely suspended for the airing of a song that made light of a catastrophic event, as well as comments made at the time the song was aired.

Earlier this week, Miss Jones said on the air "I apologize to all who have been offended by my poor decision to go along with playing that insulting (to say the least) Tsunami song. I should have known better and I didn't. So I'm sorry and hopefully we can move forward from this, or I can move forward from this being a better hostess, because I am better than that, and I know better than that -- and you deserve better radio than that."

While Miss Jones has apologized on the air, in the media and on the HOT 97 website, station management felt that stronger action was necessary to demonstrate the severity of the situation.

Idiots.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
See also this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As stated above, there is an existing thread open on the subject. Please continue the discussion there. This one will be closed.

new topics

join