It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's last ditch effort to cry about their loss

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: network dude

I've been around a few decades. Never have I seen so many be so emotionally invested in an election.

If Trump is supporting more jobs, less taxes, then what are those that want him ousted supporting?

Are people that upset because taxes aren't going to go up?
Are people that upset because more people will be employed?

I'm trying to see the "downside" to having a strong economy and lower taxes, a removal of Obamacare. . . but I just can't see it.

if the country fails, they win.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The "undermining of the democratic process?" When the popular vote is brought up, it's all "the US doesn't have direct democracy" and "the US is a republic!"

The fact is whiny, hypocritical wingnuts can't say enough about how great the electoral college is as long it leads to Trump in the White House but the mere thought of the electors serving another intended function of the electoral college is an instant triggering.

Yes and your ilk (The mass media) moaned for days that Trump hypothetically questioning election results was a "threat to our democracy" and now those same people are trying to overthrow a democratic election.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's just racism and misandry.
They just can't handle a 'white male' as president again...

Ok I admit I'm being sarcastic because anyone that questioned Obama was called a racist for the last 8 years and I thought that'd be a quaint little ironic response.

Yeah except their anti-white hatred and racism are in the open and plain to see.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Trump is, or very soon will be, the President. He won the beauty pageant, that is the Presidential election--and did it rather convincingly, much to my surprise, and the obvious chagrin of many others...

Failing in recount efforts. They are now putting pressure on the electors to prove faithless and elect someone other than the man who won the election. On the grounds that they feel he is incapable of doing the job. I would, with all due homage to their obvious expertise in these matters, ask these folks to further elucidate on their concerns. Further I would ask with whom would they replace him with? It's quite obvious, given the names involved, that they have a left slant to their political leanings--so who is oh so qualified that they should be President rather than the man who won the election?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Marky Mark get's it.

Celebrities Should Shut Up About Politics, Says Mark Wahlberg

“A lot of celebrities did, do, and shouldn’t [talk about politics],” he said. “You know, it just goes to show you that people aren’t listening to that anyway. They might buy your CD or watch your movie, but you don’t put food on their table. You don’t pay their bills. A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They’re pretty out of touch with the common person, the everyday guy out there providing for their family.”

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So let me get this straight: you think that appeals to emotion by the cultural ruling class do influence the political process?

/sarc
edit on 15-12-2016 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

So let me get this straight: you think that appeals to emotion by the cultural ruling class do influence the political process?

/sarc

I thought that was how this all worked.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join