It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's last ditch effort to cry about their loss

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Why can't anyone have any class anymore, what happened to Americans.

Class went out the door when they elected a man that thinks it's ok to grab a woman's Pu$$y just because he's rich.

The point flew so far over your head it's sad, and a perfect example of the current state of the collective intelligence of the average american. As well as a scolding look at the "depth" of american politics.

Repeating MSM sound bites as a knee jerk reaction in an effort to score a point "for the other side" just shouts out loud how big of a brainwashed tool one is. Once again, in either direction, all it takes is a few hot phrases pounded into the masses by the MSM and it turns into a tidal wave across the septic waters of the social media ocean. It's absolutely brainless, and worse of all the ones that continue to spout the words, verbatim, are actually convinced of their own intelligence.

If spouting the same crap over and over, like a parrot, equates to intellectual political discussion. Then I think it's time to reassess what we consider to be the equivalent human intelligence age of the average parrot.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: network dude

It is actually a function of our government. You want to hide it from the children? Say using it is actually undermining it?
Give the right the opportunity and they would start redacting parts of the constitution.

hide it? no. I want them to see who true idiots look like. People who think that because the made money pretending to be someone else, they have some special knowledge about politics that everyone else missed. I want everyone to realize just how insignificant these assholes really are.

We currently had an election. In that election, there was a winner and a loser. Just before the results were found, the President of the US said we should accept the democratic process.

I guess he forgot to mention that if Hillary lost, we should all change how we do business, since they were sure she would win.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If that causes you to actually throw up in your mouth, you have a medical issue. You should see a doctor.

you might need a sense of humour
You should see a comedian

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Advantage

You never heard of BJ Honeycutt and Hot Lips Houlihan?
That list reads like the guest list of "Relevancy's 30 year reunion"

Good lord.. I had to look it up. Yep. Used to watch MASH every time it came on. Back when TV was not the Godbox it is now. I had 2 channels with rabbit ears.. public TV channel 9 with sesame street and 11.. with MASH during the week and the Munsters on Sat. Strangely enough, back then we didnt care who they were in real life, didnt want to see in their "cribs", and didnt hang on their every word. Now, if any of the Munsters were in that list Id have known... since Im a more Munsterish kinda gal.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

you lost, grow a pair and accept it. it's over, go home. But please, be sure to demean everyone and post some stupid meme on the way out. I'd hate to have to break with tradition.

Awwww. You talk s# constantly and then whine about how demeaning other people are. Here's a meme for you:

Do you know why you feel constantly demeaned and I never do, you habitual victim? Because you're the sort of weak minded drone who takes a politician winning an election as a personal victory. I wasn't running for President. I didn't lose anything anymore than Donald Trump winning made you anything more than the groupthink-addicted crybully you were on November 7th.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Now that we've gotten the niceties out of the way, would you like to explain how the electoral college not electing Donald Trump would be undermining the democratic process?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Why can't anyone have any class anymore, what happened to Americans.

Class went out the door when they elected a man that thinks it's ok to grab a woman's Pu$$y just because he's rich.

Don't forget to make fun of his hair.

ok....Trump has become a parody of himself and he hasn't even been sworn in. You triggered yet bro!

edit on 15-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

who is the government?

i have no problem with Electors doing what they are allowed to do within the scope of their accepted responsibility. They should also be perfectly ok with accepting the consequences of their decisions, some of which will be very unpleasant.

People seem to forget how this country was formed. Like most world powers it was formed and forged in violence. It is likewise maintained by.....violence. This is the world we live in.

so if these people want to play hard ball....i would kindly remind them of a certain phrase contained within the Declaration of Independence that provides the rational, natural basis for reasonable people not represented by their government to dispatch with that government in whatever manner is necessary in order that they may have one that DOES accurately represent the will of the people.

ignoring the immutable underpinnings of what makes a government work will only guarantee a very unpleasant result if these people get what they think they want.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
When Sheen first came on, I was thinking he would say, "I'm not the president, but I played one on TV." Those ridiculous horses a$$es. If I were an elector, this would pi$$ me off to no end, that a bunch of has been ultra-liberal idiots are trying to tell me and the rest of the electors how to vote. Newsflash: the world doesn't revolve around washed-up actors and it certainly doesn't revolve around Hollywood...

Every one of them should fornicate themselves!

I was just told that I should apologize to all horses.
My Apologies...
edit on 15-12-2016 by NightFlight because: apologetic

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

so if these people want to play hard ball....i would kindly remind them of a certain phrase contained within the Declaration of Independence that provides the rational, natural basis for reasonable people not represented by their government to dispatch with that government in whatever manner is necessary in order that they may have one that DOES accurately represent the will of the people.

And the other side in could make the same argument, no?

I have no expectation that the electors will elect anyone but Donald J Trump and I think that's exactly what should happen but I can't help but shake my head at the cognitive dissonance of triggered Trump supporters who want to have their not-a-direct-democracy-cake and eat it too.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

What if I told you no one actually cares what celebs think? Seriously, who put it in their heads that their opinions matter? They don't. Just because someone will buy a tabloid rag to see who they've been cheating on doesn't mean their opinions are respected. I've never met anyone in my entire life that based their actions on the opinion of someone they had no actual connection to. If you'd like some actual proof, look at HRC's election campaign.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well, liberals have been the ones attacking people at rallies. they've been the ones blocking ambulances from reaching people, so why stop there? I just hope they realize even their actions have consequences. Weird huh? I wonder what will happens when bleeding heart libs start threatening the lives and families of gun owners? I actually can't wait to see that.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

no, the other side will not invoke the philosophical principles contained within the Declaration for MANY reasons, but one of the primary reasons they will not is lack of knowledge. I dont think i would be going to far to allege that a good percentage of Clintons supporters and progressives/liberals in general do not even know what the Declaration says or that there is even a Declaration at all.

When one looks at the counties Trump won versus the counties Clinton won it is painfully obvious Trump SWEPT the American vote....i mean swept it almost clean. The only reason why Clinton had anything close to the purported votes she had is due to Democrat stronghold cities where we know there are a very high percentage of illegal aliens residing. People saying theres no proof are missing the implied reality. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as it is said.

as for cognitive dissonance i think there is plenty of that to go around. We are tribal after all. Logic, reason, evidence etc usually play minor roles in peoples world views.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hollywoods...

Stopped reading at that, 0 #'s given towards any bottomfeeders attempting to express feelings about butthurt devastating loss.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As you know, the Constitution gives electors the right to vote for any eligible person

...and after dewy/truman lots of states passed requiring electors to vote for the winner of the state.

these butthurt morons are going to get someone thrown in jail for breaking a state law.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I've been around a few decades. Never have I seen so many be so emotionally invested in an election.

If Trump is supporting more jobs, less taxes, then what are those that want him ousted supporting?

Are people that upset because taxes aren't going to go up?
Are people that upset because more people will be employed?

I'm trying to see the "downside" to having a strong economy and lower taxes, a removal of Obamacare. . . but I just can't see it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

no, the other side will not invoke the philosophical principles contained within the Declaration for MANY reasons, but one of the primary reasons they will not is lack of knowledge. I dont think i would be going to far to allege that a good percentage of Clintons supporters and progressives/liberals in general do not even know what the Declaration says or that there is even a Declaration at all.

Oh, my mistake, I thought you were trying to have a reasoned debate but if you want to go THAT route, then let me be perfectly blunt.

For all the prattle and self-righteous twaddle from the right regarding their deluded notion of being somehow less ignorant of the Constitution, the founding principles, civics, etc etc — it's painfully obvious that the majority of Trump supporters give 0 f's about the any of it. Donald Trump is the most constitutionally-illiterate, civics ignorant man to have ever been elected President of the United States of America, hands down.

1A. Anti-freedom of the press - Sues critics for unfavorable critiques, states desire to "open up the libel laws" so that newspapers can be sued for "lots of money" for saying unflattering things — about political candidates. Has been on a non-stop campaign against any media outlet that doesn't fawn over him since day one. Has singled out journalists for harassment by supporters repeatedly, knowing that these journalists have received death threats from his supporters (Katy Tur). Even now as the President-elect, he's shown an alarming desire to punish media critical of him.

1A. Anti-freedom of religion - Ran on positions that included placing an entire religion under surveillance. Has chosen as a National Security Advisor, a man who has denied that said religion even qualifies as a religion and is in fact, a cancer.

1A. Anti-freedom of speech - Sues comedians for jokes, sues talk show hosts for comments, sues writers for unflattering suggestions, sues exes for talking, threatened to sue the ghost writer of "Art of the Deal" for expressing opinions about him. Has stated that people who burn flags in protest, a protected form of free expression, should be jailed or "lose their citizenship."

4A. Unreasonable search & seizure - Supports expanding domestic surveillance programs. Has defended the egregious violations of fundamental rights that Stop-and-Frisk has been and suggests that it should be adopted nationwide. And again, he's stated that he would like to put members of a religion under additional surveillance.

5A. Has used money and influence in attempts to abuse eminent domain to deprive people of the property for his personal gain and without just compensation. Has stated that terrorist's families should be murdered in retaliation which is capital punishment without due process at the very least.

8A. Supports cruel and usual punishment (torture, assassination of families).

14A. Has stated that he believes he can find a way to "do something about" birthright citizenship.

That's just off the top of my head without getting into anything esoteric. In most cases he shows an absolute lack of understanding of the separations of powers.

But you know, he loves him some Constitution which is why he will fight for "Article 12." For the 2A crowd, he's also a supporter of a "no-fly list" which is essentially the same as expanded background checks, the differences being mostly those of semantics.

When one looks at the counties Trump won versus the counties Clinton won it is painfully obvious Trump SWEPT the American vote....i mean swept it almost clean. The only reason why Clinton had anything close to the purported votes she had is due to Democrat stronghold cities where we know there are a very high percentage of illegal aliens residing. People saying theres no proof are missing the implied reality. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as it is said.

Trump clearly did not sweep the American vote. He didn't even get the most votes by a wide margin. On top of that, counting counties he won is an arbitrary measure intended to thwart critical thought. For instance, how would a hypothetical county with 10 people where Trump won 6 votes compare to a county of 10 million where Clinton won 6 million? It doesn't. It's a stupid statistic. Careless unsubstantiated statements absent proof are just careless unsubstantiated statements which warrant little to no consideration.

Unicorns live on Venus. Prove me wrong? You can't of course so should "unicorns live on Venus" become a part of a reasoned discussion? Of course not. That's fairly analogous to what you're saying.
edit on 2016-12-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They have been wrong about everything up until now, but it comes as no surprise that they would keep on running with it, at least for reasons of public relations. Their psychological assessments are derived from the media, and not from any clinical study. Add on top of that the smug arrogance of elitism and we have a sure lack of self-awareness on their part.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's funny that celebrities are coming out and playing politics, yes they are so well informed and how many host big $$ fund raisers??? That maybe their prerogative but it is time to give it a rest. Hollywood types get their own welfare from the gov't, but no complaints about that from all you liberals? How about we discuss the conflict of interest of Bill Clinton being a elector for NY state? That's not a problem? For all the mean things Trump has said he gets a rabid response and yet with all the screwed up things around the Clintons it's just fine and dandy? Actions are the problem not words! The rush to judgement and the mistaken view that you must be a politician to run for president, just show the lack of comprehension that is running rampant. You do realize the current POTUS had no real gov't experience behind him right? Or does just holding a office for a brief time automatically make a person eligible in your eyes? As was said during the elections of Obama, DEAL WITH IT!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

bless your heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join