It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's last ditch effort to cry about their loss

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
nypost.com...

Yes, it went off before I could post, sorry.

This link lets you see the undermining of the democratic process in action. It's something we should show our kids and grand kids. This is how not to be.

“I’m not asking you to vote for Hillary Clinton,” some in the video say — just don’t vote for Trump.

“As you know, the Constitution gives electors the right to vote for any eligible person,” a celeb in the video states.

Sheen, who played the president in the hit series “The West Wing,” whose cast campaigned for Clinton, adds: “Any eligible person — no matter which party they belong to.”

“By voting your conscience, you and other brave Republican electors can give the House of Representatives the option to select a qualified candidate for the presidency,” says Richard Schiff, who played the communications director in that show.

“What is evident is that Donald Trump lacks more than the qualifications to be president. He lacks the necessary stability and clearly the respect for the Constitution of our great nation,” say the celebs.

edit on 15-12-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why can't anyone have any class anymore, what happened to Americans.

Loose with some god damn grace and dignity people. Contrary to what anyone says(in regards to either candidate), it is NOT the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The video, released on YouTube by Unite for America, not only features Sheen and Schiff, but also Debra Messing, James Cromwell, BD Wong, Noah Wyle, Freda Payne, Bob Odenkirk, J. Smith Cameron, Michael Urie, Moby, Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit, Christine Lahti, Steven Pasquale, Dominic Fumusa and Emily Tyra.

WHO???? Never heard of them...

ETA Yes Ive heard of Moby. But only as the butt of a joke...
edit on 15-12-2016 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

nypost.com...

well i threw up in my mouth a bit

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The "undermining of the democratic process?" When the popular vote is brought up, it's all "the US doesn't have direct democracy" and "the US is a republic!"

The fact is whiny, hypocritical wingnuts can't say enough about how great the electoral college is as long it leads to Trump in the White House but the mere thought of the electors serving another intended function of the electoral college is an instant triggering.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I thought you were going for epic minimalism, especially considering the trend of diminutive threads.

It is extremely ironic that this message of wedge-dividing comes from an organization named; Unite for America.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Loose with some god damn grace and dignity people. Contrary to what anyone says(in regards to either candidate), it is NOT the end of the world.

AMEN!

I think the worst fear these used-to-be's have is that Trump will do a fair job (if it's better than fair, they will all explode).
It's almost as if they (they being the liberals) are wanting the US to fail, they think if Trump screws up, they win. I wish CA would leave and start their own country. It's a scary place.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

A bunch of has beens and some never was trying to make themselves relevant again.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Class went out the door when they elected a man that thinks it's ok to grab a woman's Pu$$y just because he's rich.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The "undermining of the democratic process?" When the popular vote is brought up, it's all "the US doesn't have direct democracy" and "the US is a republic!"

The fact is whiny, hypocritical wingnuts can't say enough about how great the electoral college is as long it leads to Trump in the White House but the mere thought of the electors serving another intended function of the electoral college is an instant triggering.

you lost, grow a pair and accept it. it's over, go home.
But please, be sure to demean everyone and post some stupid meme on the way out. I'd hate to have to break with tradition.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

is an instant triggering.

i think people are just fed up of celebrities
like they have some superior input on politics
trump or clinton

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Class went out the door when they elected a man that thinks it's ok to grab a woman's Pu$$y just because he's rich.

Don't forget to make fun of his hair.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It is actually a function of our government. You want to hide it from the children? Say using it is actually undermining it?
Give the right the opportunity and they would start redacting parts of the constitution.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's just racism and misandry.
They just can't handle a 'white male' as president again...

Ok I admit I'm being sarcastic because anyone that questioned Obama was called a racist for the last 8 years and I thought that'd be a quaint little ironic response.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

nypost.com...

well i threw up in my mouth a bit

If that causes you to actually throw up in your mouth, you have a medical issue. You should see a doctor.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The "respect" of Martin Sheen...

That and a nickel will get you a nice hot cup of Jack Squat.

The opinion of a bunch of washed-up has-beens is supposed to be more important than 60 million American citizens?

The time has come for Hollywood to sit down and stfu.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is actually a function of our government. You want to hide it from the children? Say using it is actually undermining it?
Give the right the opportunity and they would start redacting parts of the constitution.

What is happening though is that a lot of psychopaths are harassing and threatening electors to coerce them into voting against Trump over completely silly reasoning.

Reasoning that is essentially the same as my post above... blanket name calling, unfounded labeling, prejudice and stereotyping despite evidence counters it, whatever you want to call it.

Can't the electors do their jobs without regretting it? This crap is insane.
If this happened when Obama was elected (to this degree) we all know what would have been said.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You want to hide it from the children?

i didn't get that strong reaction from the op
he is not attacking the electoral college is he ?

it's more about celebrity wind bags poking their nose in

link   
wont change a thing

trump will be president

link   
a reply to: Advantage

You never heard of BJ Honeycutt and Hot Lips Houlihan?
That list reads like the guest list of "Relevancy's 30 year reunion"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join