It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Party Has Become Everything It Once Was Against.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The popular vote is a cute way of falsely claiming some kind of moral high ground.

That's not the way it works and you know it. 3 million votes in California does not represent the country as a whole, especially considering how the congressional and presidential electoral map looked.

Keep whining about that popular vote, it doesn't mean a damned thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The popular vote is a cute way of falsely claiming some kind of moral high ground.

That's not the way it works and you know it. 3 million votes in California does not represent the country as a whole, especially considering how the congressional and presidential electoral map looked.

You know what it is like.... a football team losing 7-0, but claiming they technically won because they had more yardage but never managed to score. A boxer who got knocked the F out claiming he technically won the fight because he landed more hits. A baseball team claiming they won as the had more men on base, but never managed to score. A football team losing the superbowl claiming they were actually the better team because the won more games during the year.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thanks for not bothering to read or understand my thoughts on why I posted about the popular vote before posting your canned response. Your opinion has been filed in the trash for immediate ignoring since you can't be bothered to read the thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hey, be honest now ... how long have Democrats told conservatives that we need to embrace the left's agenda wholesale if we didn't want to simply die away and become irrelevant? Sorry if you don't like it, but the fact remains that while some states have really big ppopulations that are left leaning, enough to tip the scales of the popular vote, the election is an amalgamation of 50 separate state elections, and nowhere near a majority of states think like the few liberal states on the coast.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

If you had some kind of hidden meaning it didn't catch.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That's the problem when you read only one of my posts and then hit the "reply" button without seeing my further thoughts on the matter.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hey, be honest now ... how long have Democrats told conservatives that we need to embrace the left's agenda wholesale if we didn't want to simply die away and become irrelevant? Sorry if you don't like it, but the fact remains that while some states have really big ppopulations that are left leaning, enough to tip the scales of the popular vote, the election is an amalgamation of 50 separate state elections, and nowhere near a majority of states think like the few liberal states on the coast.

Why should I be honest when you can't be honest with me? My entire point was just that liberalism isn't as unpopular as conservatives are currently pretending it is. FULL STOP!

There are more liberals in the US than conservatives. FACT! Sure they MAY be all corralled in a few locations in the country but at NO point have I told a fib. Yet people such as you invent arguments to have with me that extend my point beyond what I ever said or meant. It's like you guys don't care about the words I write and only care about what you think I say.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

After reading your further posts I think my point still sticks.

You say that liberalism is somehow still popular. Maybe in coastal California it is, but the rest of the country(including most of California) held a pretty damning referendum on liberal policy on November 8th.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Area != density.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: network dude

if you are so upset and hurt with the way democrats and/or liberals talk in this forum, why don't you petition the owners of ATS to banish all of them. that way we won't upset you with any criticism, and you can feel safe.

Because little Jimmy, I put on the big boy pants today, so I feel like I can have an opinion AND post it on a discussion site.
And I can deal with whatever comes my way, but i'll speak up when I can. I feel pretty safe, but thanks so much for your concern.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How is it that the Republicans were able to remap anything? Wouldn't that mean there weren't enough Dems to counter the Rep gerrymandering? Wouldn't that mean the Reps had control?

For the record, the Dems also have gerrymandered and remapped districts to their advantage in the past. It seems to be a play used frequently by those in control. You know, the ones the people elected.
edit on 15-12-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

6 minutes to read the article, draft your response, and locate a link to include.

Thats pretty fantastic timing. You must read incredibly fast. Although it doesn't seem you understood it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
The Democratic party has stayed center-right (and been drifting further right) while larger liberal voting blocks (younger) have moved more to the left. Not the other way around. There is very few democratic representatives that could be called actual leftists.

The right has gotten older (in age), & drifted far further to the right (both in representatives and voters). I mean, you have to know that Reagan would be called a RINO in today's republican world.

are you trolling? look at the 'Affordable Health Care' act. the democrat establishment is hard core left-wing. hardly any national elected dem is anywhere near the center (Joe Manchin WV maybe).

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Was the final form of the ACA something the voters on the left wanted? Does it even resemble a 'left' policy? No. It ended up being a corporate influenced/compromised mess (this being a compromise to the right).

I'm going to suggest doing some reading up on the left and right historically across the globe. By any measure, there is barely a representational left in the USA. Certainly not representative of those who would identify as left. Why do you think so many liberals were constantly bummed at how much Obama slid right-of-center after taking office? Why do you think so many people had a hard time with Hillary being a war-hawk and in bed with the corporatocracy? (hint: way too far to the right.)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I dunno...i remember that the members of congress weren't even given time to read the behemoth legal document before being made to vote. Remember? You have to pass it to see whats in it?

In fact, it seems that the record of how the votes were cast kind of disputes your version of events as well:

www.healthreformvotes.org...

Right down along party lines.

The DNC did whatever the hell they wanted, then railroaded it. Its untrue to insinuate that there was a bipartisan effort to pass ACA. Nothing is further from the truth. The DNC owns it 100%.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I dunno...i remember that the members of congress weren't even given time to read the behemoth legal document before being made to vote. Remember? You have to pass it to see whats in it?

I'm not sure that was entirely correct. Members of congress were given time to read the ACA and the comment from Pelosi you are quoting was made to the National Association of Counties conference, who's attendants would not be able to read it before it passed.

www.politico.com...

The DNC did whatever the hell they wanted, then railroaded it. Its untrue to insinuate that there was a bipartisan effort to pass ACA.

True, there was not a bipartisan effort to pass it, but the Dems did compromise on a single-payer plan for the individual mandate, which was a Republican idea to force money to either the insurance companies or the government coffers.
edit on 15-12-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

OK.

But the point is: it was apparently the effort of a single party.

Maybe behind the scenes it wasn't. But in that case the whole damned thing is divine comedy anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Especially when they point the finger at Russia saying they 'hacked the election in favor of Trump'.

Don't get any more hilarious.

So CLintons votes are a 'fraud'!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join