It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Party Has Become Everything It Once Was Against.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SaturnFX

I posted it to show that liberal ideology isn't dying, isn't being rejected and it isn't unpopular.

Right, but there is a fight now to discuss what is a liberal ideology vs a progressive ideology (a bit like fiscal conservatism vs neocon authoritarian right wing theocratic oligarchy

A person calling themselves a liberal today is in a odd situation where they feel the need to discuss what type..classic liberalism is used, but the reality is civil libertarianism holds a lot more views closer to the older liberals of the 80s/90s than todays progressive campus liberals who are..anything but for liberty.

I think this is a big part as to why Trump won. (Bernie would have won also, although some of his fiscal plans are a bit outrageous, and he started falling into identity politics as much as anyone else when the pressure was on. worrying, but out of the three...he was the most honest)

But threads like this are not only silly but insulting. Especially since it is becoming a daily occurrence which says more to conservatives doing it to rub salt in liberals' wounds instead of trying to be productive and promote discussion.

Well yeah, the right has always been sore winners...not to say that trait isn't on both sides though.
I remember Keith Olberman in 2008 laughing his arse off at all the republicans talking heads, telling them they are irrelevant, etc..basically trolling for days on end.

But I think the trend overall is that Right wings (generally) are mocking and purposefully insulting to the other side when they win. the Left becomes condescending and hyper-elitist when they win..both ways aren't great on trying to be productive and find common ground. That's the norm I suppose. Hard to snap out of those roles also given politics = religion and holy doctrain from the preachers teaches us how to interact with the non believers.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Another lie. Hillary won the popular vote, therefor liberalism isn't unpopular, is illogical.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SaturnFX

I posted it to show that liberal ideology isn't dying, isn't being rejected and it isn't unpopular.

Right, but there is a fight now to discuss what is a liberal ideology vs a progressive ideology (a bit like fiscal conservatism vs neocon authoritarian right wing theocratic oligarchy

A person calling themselves a liberal today is in a odd situation where they feel the need to discuss what type..classic liberalism is used, but the reality is civil libertarianism holds a lot more views closer to the older liberals of the 80s/90s than todays progressive campus liberals who are..anything but for liberty.

I think this is a big part as to why Trump won. (Bernie would have won also, although some of his fiscal plans are a bit outrageous, and he started falling into identity politics as much as anyone else when the pressure was on. worrying, but out of the three...he was the most honest)

In my observations 'all year', the Bernie people were actually the most authoritarian of the lot of them. I tried my butt off this year pinning it all on Hillary, but the simple truth is the die hard Bernie people are the most "progressive" as you describe. Which I find entirely troubling.
edit on 15-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Let me introduce you to how your peers talk:

"Oh look, a progressive shill who can't seem to understand that the popular vote means jack sh*t."

"They're 10x worse off into cult crazy town than the Bush lovers ever were"

"On the other side of the planet, this US election cycle has clearly shown that the hardcore Democrats (and turncoat Republicans) and their brainwashed gimps are intolerant of differing opinions"

Cult crazy brainwashed gimp shills! Lmao. What was it you were saying?

but the arrogant way everyone else is talked down to is so in your face, it makes for really bad discussions

So yea, please can the disingenuous, self-righteous admonishments.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I feel like that was a conversation that would have happened had the Democrats won. But this constant daily liberal bashing is doing more to unify liberals then quantify their differences. Like this idiocy about campus liberals like ALL liberals on college campus' behave like the few anecdotes posted on ATS (there are thousands of colleges in the US btw). That is conservative projection and sensationalism talking RIGHT there. Yes there are students who take things too far, but that was ALWAYS the case. Even in the heydays of liberalism. It isn't new and it doesn't define liberalism as a whole, but conservatives have done a good job of convincing everyone that is the case.

Well yeah, the right has always been sore winners...not to say that trait isn't on both sides though.
I remember Keith Olberman in 2008 laughing his arse off at all the republicans talking heads, telling them they are irrelevant, etc..basically trolling for days on end.

Yeah I remember those shenanigans too. I didn't think that 2008 signified the end of the Republicans.

But I think the trend overall is that Right wings (generally) are mocking and purposefully insulting to the other side when they win. the Left becomes condescending and hyper-elitist when they win..both ways aren't great on trying to be productive and find common ground. That's the norm I suppose. Hard to snap out of those roles also given politics = religion and holy doctrain from the preachers teaches us how to interact with the non believers.

This is true. Can't argue with that.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Let me introduce you to how your peers talk:

"Oh look, a progressive shill who can't seem to understand that the popular vote means jack sh*t."

"They're 10x worse off into cult crazy town than the Bush lovers ever were"

"On the other side of the planet, this US election cycle has clearly shown that the hardcore Democrats (and turncoat Republicans) and their brainwashed gimps are intolerant of differing opinions"

Cult crazy brainwashed gimp shills! Lmao. What was it you were saying?

but the arrogant way everyone else is talked down to is so in your face, it makes for really bad discussions

So yea, please can the disingenuous, self-righteous admonishments.

Let me introduce you to how you sound.

One poster said "X" so being the brain trust that I am, I will project that on to every other person on this forum who isn't up my ass.

And congrats, you are the leader of the fantastic 4, with your brown nosed buddy close behind. (pun intended)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
B A N A N A R E P U B L I C.

Some of the posts in this thread are really funny.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Actions speak louder than words. Trump picking establishment goons onto his cabinet and going back on most of his campaign promises goes to show that his words don't match his actions.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Actions speak louder than words. Trump picking establishment goons onto his cabinet and going back on most of his campaign promises goes to show that his words don't match his actions.

It is unrealistic to think that Trump will be able to pick only non-establishment appointments. At the end of the day, if he hopes to get anything done, he will have to work with RINOs on some level. Remember, a large portion of the Republicans didn't want Trump either. Unfortunately, we still have folks like McConnell and Ryan in power. Trump isn't a dictator. He has to work with many of these establishment types.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I agree it's unrealistic which is why I never bought into his promises. Those who did are going to be disappointed the next 4-8 years.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

You really don't think democrats are advocates of less war right?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

so you will feel like a winner if it all goes to hell?

Love that patriotism and love of America.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

If I could describe the democrats, it would be "anti-constitutionalists".

well obviously, you are unable to describe democrats....

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You really should read the linked article.

It's not that democrats themselves are unpopular, it's that the democratic PARTY has abandoned traditional democrats.

Like traditional liberalism being hijacked by leftism decades ago, so has the traditional democratic base( which once DID include conservatives) been co-opted by something..........sinister.

In that case, the Republican Party was also hijacked by right wing conservatism when compared to how it was before the Civil Rights Movement & the "Southern Strategy". Malcolm X is even on record saying black people who voted for Democrats were fools for various reasons (since the Democrats were the party of the Klan & Segregation at that time). So we could make a similar thread about how the Republican Party has become everything it once was against, too.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

if you are so upset and hurt with the way democrats and/or liberals talk in this forum, why don't you petition the owners of ATS to banish all of them. that way we won't upset you with any criticism, and you can feel safe.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Of course not, I hope I'm wrong and Trump does a great job, but I don't expect it to happen because he has globalist and establishment written all over him.

His picks for his administration so far give me even less hope for him and his presidency, it seems like he is just continuing the same old same old by hiring establishment bankers and MIC lackeys.

And as far as patriotism goes, I prefer not to pigeon-hole myself into a one-track mindset. America is only one small part of the world, to put all emphasis and energy into one country is to ignore the whole. Patriotism is what facilitates war and makes people complacent about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Of course not, I hope I'm wrong and Trump does a great job, but I don't expect it to happen because he has globalist and establishment written all over him.

His picks for his administration so far give me even less hope for him and his presidency, it seems like he is just continuing the same old same old by hiring establishment bankers and MIC lackeys.

And as far as patriotism goes, I prefer not to pigeon-hole myself into a one-track mindset. America is only one small part of the world, to put all emphasis and energy into one country is to ignore the whole. Patriotism is what facilitates war and makes people complacent about it.

Well that's your opinion. The rest of us are hopeful and looking forward to a cabinet filled with Type A brilliant individuals with go get it done successful attitudes. Not community activist/politicians who have zero real world experience.

Winning.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Democratic party has stayed center-right (and been drifting further right) while larger liberal voting blocks (younger) have moved more to the left. Not the other way around. There is very few democratic representatives that could be called actual leftists.

The right has gotten older (in age), & drifted far further to the right (both in representatives and voters). I mean, you have to know that Reagan would be called a RINO in today's republican world.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You're right... but the republicans are good at disguising their sham..

The DNC just looks down their nose at anyone that disagrees with them and then (insert flavor of the month insult here)... with nothing even resembling talk.

Republicans stopped at stupid... DNC went full potato.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Trump's picks are no different than Obama's, people need to realize that. Bankers and MIC goons, that's who always gets hired yet we still wonder why things have gotten worse and worse the past few decades and haven't changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join