It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Party Has Become Everything It Once Was Against.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here we have a good run-down of how the party has become what it used to criticize. I can testify from personal experience that the Democratic Party of the 1970's would be considered "right wing" Republicans today. Shame really, I miss the sanity.

www.zerohedge.com...

Why has the nation turned away from the Democratic Party? Perhaps one reason is that the Democratic Party has become everything it once was against.

George McGovern's 1972 campaign slogan was Come home, America. The current version of the Democratic Party never met a globalist treaty or agenda that it didn't approve.

The Democratic Party turned anti-war after Lyndon Johnson's withdrawal from the 1968 race; the current version of the Democratic Party has embraced endless war via proxies, drones and Special Forces--they support interventions and unlimited violence in other nations, as long as American combat deaths are few and far between.

edit on 15-12-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Dec 15 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh look. Another thread from a conservative telling Democrats/liberals how awful they are because Trump won the election. Gotta fill the ATS daily quota of liberal bashing right? Well in any case, in the name of objective reporting I'm going to post this:
Hillary Clinton's lead over Donald Trump in the popular vote rises to 2.8 million
The Democrats aren't as unpopular as conservatives like to pretend they are.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You really should read the linked article.

It's not that democrats themselves are unpopular, it's that the democratic PARTY has abandoned traditional democrats.

Like traditional liberalism being hijacked by leftism decades ago, so has the traditional democratic base( which once DID include conservatives) been co-opted by something..........sinister.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Democrats are still the party of fair trade, workers rights, and less war. Trump is the exception. And if he actually believed anything he said during the campaign his cabinet would look different. John Bolton anyone?

Democrats have told workers what they want to hear but then sold out to corporate interests behind closed doors. While Republicans tell you blatantly that corporate control is in your best interest.

(post by Edumakated removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

To avoid looking at their reflection honestly, humans project their own failures and destructive traits onto others, blaming others for their own faults. They justify their self-serving actions, and deny responsibility for their clearly self-destructive behaviors.
This describes the Democratic Party elites to a T. It's all Trump's fault, or the Russian hackers, or the "deplorables"--anyone but themselves.

And to prove it had nothing to do with them, they doubled down by re-electing Nancy Pelosi to lead them.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh look. Another thread from a conservative telling Democrats/liberals how awful they are because Trump won the election. Gotta fill the ATS daily quota of liberal bashing right? Well in any case, in the name of objective reporting I'm going to post this:
Hillary Clinton's lead over Donald Trump in the popular vote rises to 2.8 million

Thing is though, if every single person 18+ voted exclusively for the Dems, it wouldn't mean much. Sure, the numbers would be like 20 million ahead of the competitor, but still wouldn't mean much. It has to be a national trend, not a few states favorite

I am warming up to the idea of the electorial. it means a candidate indeed has to get the big cities, but also has to resonate with at least some country also..gotta have a balance to represent not just where the most people are, but where all people are to a degree.

about 8.7 million people voted for HRC in CA compared to Trump's 4.4m. It didn't matter though. Sure, Hillary won the major coastal city, but at the expense of all the flyover states.
If a Dem can resonate in places like Florida, Az, etc..then they may just take it (as Obama did)...but the Dems became such a bag of elitist schmucks that their main strategy was simply to call anyone within 100 miles of a cow a racist...and it worked exactly as it should have.

Dems chose to work the entire campaign on merits of gender and skintone...and that's why liberals simply didn't feel represented and stayed home instead.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Oh I read the article. It's the same typical condescending buffoonery that conservative outlets like the Drudge Report have been saying since the election. Except they are wrong. They are just projecting THEIR beliefs onto liberals and then tut-tutting about it. It's all a big strawman.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

They've moved too far left. The entire party platform is one of victims and identity groups. They completely abandoned the blue collar middle America union worker. The party focuses too much on NYC and CA.

edit on Thu Dec 15 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You have to be a political chearleader (not you but the author) to not realise and see that BOTH party have become one in the same and everything they were against.

Examples were given for the cluster F that the Dems have become, but the Republicans Pissed all over republicans ideals also when:

1. Started the Bail outs and wen't virtual communist when they decided it was a good idea to determine which private company should be winners.

2. Sided with big gov't to create patriot act and create new gov't agencies such as Homeland.

3. Have never shrunk gov't within 5 decades or cut significant taxes

4. Decided that MA should force insurance on people or FL not have the right to decide if they want to label GMO products.

Trump winning was not a win for the GOP or republican party it was a F U to everyone including the Republican party.

The reason the Dems and Reps are one in the same is because the lobbying industry behind gov'ts don't change much.

edit on 421231America/ChicagoThu, 15 Dec 2016 10:42:06 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If I could describe the democrats, it would be "anti-constitutionalists".

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I actually have no problems with the electoral college. The EC has been the way we pick our President since the Constitution was ratified. It's spelled out IN the Constitution. I'm all for that. But that wasn't the reason I posted that link.

I posted it to show that liberal ideology isn't dying, isn't being rejected and it isn't unpopular. It's MORE popular than conservative ideology. Granted mistakes WERE made in the campaign with Democrats not reaching out to flyover states. I'm not saying things are perfect in the party and I'm sure that the party bigwigs are taking this election loss VERY seriously. But threads like this are not only silly but insulting. Especially since it is becoming a daily occurrence which says more to conservatives doing it to rub salt in liberals' wounds instead of trying to be productive and promote discussion.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

I actually have no problems with the electoral college. The EC has been the way we pick our President since the Constitution was ratified. It's spelled out IN the Constitution. I'm all for that. But that wasn't the reason I posted that link.

I posted it to show that liberal ideology isn't dying, isn't being rejected and it isn't unpopular. It's MORE popular than conservative ideology. Granted mistakes WERE made in the campaign with Democrats not reaching out to flyover states. I'm not saying things are perfect in the party and I'm sure that the party bigwigs are taking this election loss VERY seriously. But threads like this are not only silly but insulting. Especially since it is becoming a daily occurrence which says more to conservatives doing it to rub salt in liberals' wounds instead of trying to be productive and promote discussion.

It is only more popular in certain areas - namely CA and NYC. You are leaving out that since 2010, the Democrats have been absolutely destroyed even on a local level. Democrats have been losing state houses, governorships, and senate/congress in record numbers since 2010.

The only places that liberalism is surviving is major cities and that is because of the entrenched corruption, gerrymandering and large voting blocks of poor and minorities.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The dems have not only lost all dignity but also the principles it once held dear. Free speech, liberty, and the free market ideas, have all fallen from grace in exchange for the identity politics of today's left wing.

It was never about being a principled liberal. It was about being a tribalistic partisan.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You're falling for a false narrative. Of course these people in the spotlight are going to talk in absolutes and paint the party in such an extreme light, that's the point, to make each side hate one another, it's all by design.

Your average 'liberal' has accepted Trump's victory and moved on, they may not like it but they know it is what it is. You won't be seeing that from the media though, they will continue to act as if liberals are freaking out and wanting a recount when in fact most have accepted the fact that Trump is the winner.

Stop letting the media and people in positions of power manipulate you and prevent you from thinking critically. It's not as black and white as the media portrays it to be, they sure want you to think it is though.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is only more popular in certain areas - namely CA and NYC. You are leaving out that since 2010, the Democrats have been absolutely destroyed even on a local level. Democrats have been losing state houses, governorships, and senate/congress in record numbers since 2010.

And you are neglecting the gerrymandering that Republicans used to remap all the Congressional districts back in 2012
The Great Gerrymander of 2012

HAVING the first modern democracy comes with bugs. Normally we would expect more seats in Congress to go to the political party that receives more votes, but the last election confounded expectations. Democrats received 1.4 million more votes for the House of Representatives, yet Republicans won control of the House by a 234 to 201 margin. This is only the second such reversal since World War II.

Gee. Look. MORE evidence that Democrats/liberals are more popular than Republicans claim they are.

The only places that liberalism is surviving is major cities and that is because of the entrenched corruption, gerrymandering and large voting blocks of poor and minorities.

I am neither poor nor a minority.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Oh look, a progressive shill who can't seem to understand that the popular vote means jack sh*t. Further, when you look at on a state by state basis, if it weren't for CA, Hillary would not have won popular vote. Trump would have won by 2 million votes. Of course, we haven't even gotten into all the dead people and illegals who vote Democrat. Last I checked, just because the majority of californians want something does not mean the rest of the 49 states need to agree.

How CA drove Hillary's Lead

Dead people and illegals? More conservative projections. I noticed you didn't source THAT claim. Only the claim you can actually prove.

Even if you keep the illegals/dead people, the fact still remains the meme about Hillary winning popular vote is bunk. Of course, since Dems do everything to prevent the integrity of the vote, we will never know how many illegals/dead people vote beyond circumstantial evidence. However, anyone who lives in a major Democrat controlled city knows what the deal is... Hell, here in Chicago, Democrats were enlisting gang members for campaign support.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It isn't bunk. She won the popular vote regardless of where most of the votes came from. That is something you'll just have to accept.

PS: I've lived in and around the Baltimore area since 1998 (save for 3 years in the Army). Baltimore is a Democratic city. You are lying.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The one quote in the OPs article summed it up nicely...

Hillary's campaign said "I'm with her..."

Donald Trumps campaign said "I'm with you..."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join