It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Title Nick-Names...what's your favorite.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Morning all, Woke up with a case of the smart arse this morning. Mind wondered back to the days of my youth. I did commercial & industrial & residential electrical construction for 29 years. I was called " Spark Chaser" "Sparky" a ton a spark reference names. I used to refer to the plumbers on the job as " Turd Herders" or "Dookie Doctors". I once knew a plumber that actually had this as a slogan on the side of his van & on his business cards........" Your shat is, my bread & butter". I used to call my company Chicken & Feathers Renovations....cause one week we eat chicken......the next week we eaten feathers. Sure glad my company grew.LOL.....Whats yours nick names ATS ???
edit on 15-12-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Ass Kisser, was my 'nick name' for the Company ass kisser.

He is still employed at said Company, I am not....

I am pleased with this result.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
LMAO! S&F, I needed a good laugh this morning.

We have a sparky....but we mean it badly. He is our pointless electrician.
We have one manager that drives everyone nuts over the stupidest stuff. We call her the CLO of our hospital....it stands for Chicken Little Officer.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Blanket Stacker for a Storeman. Scab Lifter for a medic, Donkey Walloper for the Household Cavalry etc. Crumb duster/skip licker for a cook. The UK military has a nickname for every trade or role you can imagine.

edit on 15-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

My father delivered and installed sewage pumps and claimed to be a turd-flow technician, to my mothers chagrin. A friend of mine worked in PAT testing of rented tools, and had a name badge (never was front of desk, never met any customers, he just wanted one) with the job title 'Pixie Wrangler'. Those pixies have a mean bite!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Bean counters - the accountants.

ANAL-ysts - the sort that are brought in having no idea of how the business actually works but are on about 3 times your pay.

C*ntsultants - Sea gulls, come in make a load of noise and leave a load of s**t to be cleaned up when they've gone.

Sparkies - Electricians.

Chippies - Carpenters.

Management - no idea of whats going on normally but just bluffing it to those higher up so they can get more money and a company car.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Bean counters - the accountants.

ANAL-ysts - the sort that are brought in having no idea of how the business actually works but are on about 3 times your pay.

C*ntsultants - Sea gulls, come in make a load of noise and leave a load of s**t to be cleaned up when they've gone.

Sparkies - Electricians.

Chippies - Carpenters.

Management - no idea of whats going on normally but just bluffing it to those higher up so they can get more money and a company car.

C#ntsultants, I'm pinching that one Max you naughty girl you.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
When the hubby was in the laborer's Union, all the brick layers were called Cry Babies. Apparently they couldn't get ANYTHING for themselves.

But my Favorite was the "Tin Knockers". They had the funniest T-shirts. I know there is a member or former member of that union on this site.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Pit-monkey:

One who works as a geologists assistant in a mine, doing all the hard labor whilst having to shout all the beeeeeers each night at the pub.

This is how men become Australian.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When I worked HVAC [ we installed all the heat and AC in new construction ] for several years, I called plumbers "Those mother**** SOBs that keep putting pipes in the way of where I need to put ductwork". It was all in good fun and we gave each other sh** all the time and got together to go over the plans to see how to work with each other, till.......
We had some plumbers who we'd never worked with before, move a furnace and rip out a plenum and about 30 ft of main ductwork to run pipe. We weren't there when it happened, but we found it the next day. They didn't take out the drive cleats and disassemble it....they just beat it apart with hammers. Ruined all of it, so I had to remake the reducers and put in new boots.
My boss came out and personally cut out the same amount of hard copper line, beat it flat with a hammer and threw it on the ground. Not one solid peice, he went and cut 3 ft out of a bathroom, 2ft of the cold water line under a sink, under the floor, pipes that ran through walls, etc...Don't know what happened after that, but I know that particular plumber was never on any more of our job sites.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Assistant Manager = Ass Man
Shop foreman was "the Head", not so bad but he hated it so it became the official name for the shop

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

My co-workers in the Police and Fire Department call me "CRASH".

Working a local festival 6 years back, a woman and her child stepped in front of my vehicle (golf cart), wasnt hurt, but tried to sue 1st the city, the golf cart donors, then the agency I represented...and finally, me. She lost...but they started calling me "CRASH". Fine.

After a couple years of being called that, they finally stopped...until someone hit my vehicle...and they started up again. Took another few for them (especially the Police who have an affinity for digging it in to me)...to stop calling me that...again.

And then....? Yep. Day before this year's Thanksgiving...someone hit my city vehicle...and now I'm forever stuck with "CRASH".

MS/"CRASH"
EMT/ERT
Advanced Disaster Life Support

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman
OMG, I wanna be a pixie wrangler!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Compulsory ownership transference executive : AKA a thief.

It's a very old profession. Robin Hood and all that. Lots of them around today.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
years ago in the shop i would call the oil change guys the petroleum transfer engineers....

one of the foreman in the foundry started calling me rackets and it stuck. he always said i had a good racket going...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oldies:
Private Investigator = Dick.
Garbage man = Sanitation Engineer.
Wife/GF = La Ministère des Positions

For Millennials:
Doctor = Dude for like, when you're sick.
Policeman = Dude that's like, all serious and snit.
Doorman = Dude who's like, in front of the thing there.
Electrician = Dude with like, wires and stuff.
CEO = Dude who's like, THE dude.

Best friend = Dude!
Friend = Dude.
Acquaintance = Dude.
Disliked person = Dude.

Can you think of any others?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Politicians = Making the lie great again
Attorneys = Circumstantial Liars
Judges = Decent liars
Cops = Stop resisting my lies

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
W@ANKERS=Traffic wardens

RA

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We had a person who was hired that called himself an electrician, but he was terrible. We called him an Indian Electrician.
I got in trouble calling him that until I told them I was part Cherokee.

Indian Electrician:
One wire hook-em up,
Two wire fook-em up,
Three wire blow-em up!

He blew up several pieces of expensive warehouse equipment so they made him a supervisor. Go figure...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Speaking as a HMFIC, I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join