It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli arrested in NZ for milk contamination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A 30-year-old Israeli man has been arrested for allegedly contaminating 40,000 litres of milk on a mid Canterbury dairy farm.

The man, in New Zealand on a work permit, was arrested on a charge of contaminating food, crops, water or other product intended for human consumption after antibiotics were detected in a sample taken from the milk silo on the property last week.

Samples are routinely taken when milk is collected by tankers.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Next Time Just Give Them The Passports

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHorseman

A 30-year-old Israeli man has been arrested for allegedly contaminating 40,000 litres of milk on a mid Canterbury dairy farm.

The man, in New Zealand on a work permit, was arrested on a charge of contaminating food, crops, water or other product intended for human consumption after antibiotics were detected in a sample taken from the milk silo on the property last week.

Samples are routinely taken when milk is collected by tankers.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Next Time Just Give Them The Passports

So antibiotics are illegal there?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey, I remeber a post months ago about two Israeli Mossad agents that were arrested on fake passports.

Hmm....................now I REALLY wanna know what Mossad scum are up to in Kiwiland.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy board... This is the same country were several Mossad agents using forged passports were arrested and the NZ government originally was brave enough to pursue prosicution, but eventually, due to pressure, they were deported.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Hey, I remeber a post months ago about two Israeli Mossad agents that were arrested on fake passports.

Hmm....................now I REALLY wanna know what Mossad scum are up to in Kiwiland.

Yeah those evil Mossad do go around adding ANTIBOTICS to everything. Genogide against germs..............call the UN...........

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I know it said antibiotics, but it gave no details as to what the "antibiotics" were.

Certainly doesn't sound as bad as botulism. Certainly antibiotics are generally thought to be a very good thing. That being said - if I drank milk that was tainted with penecillin, I stand a pretty good chance of dying.
Point is - the man was adding something that was not supposed to be there.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't get it, he contaiminated the milk with antibiotics?
Antibiotics are said to get into milk by giving the cows them, this sounds like he 'poured' a solution of them into milk vats or something tho.

Is it the antibiotics that are a concern themselves? Or is it assumed that there is something else in it also?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

If it was just antibiotics then why the charges? Apparently something not normally allowed was introduced into the milk and its presence was detected. The real question thus is why was the milk from this farm manipulated? And why was the individual charged when the farm ultimately has responsibility for its product? The farm was penalized as stated in the article -- the farmer received a smaller payout for his milk. The farmer was not charged with anything according to the article so it leads you to believe this individual was doing something he should not have been. Why?

It must be anti-semitism.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noob0832
Since this is a conspiracy board... This is the same country were several Mossad agents using forged passports were arrested and the NZ government originally was brave enough to pursue prosicution

Why weren't they simply executed?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Skadi, here's one ATS link on that story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
this was supposed to generate Al-Quaeda paranoia headlines ...OR:

They wanted a field experiment to see how effective the distribution of a terrorist attack would be ( I guess they would buy several product in various supermarkets to check its effectiveness )

Some threads ago I posted something about milk and sugar contamination as a good carrier for terrorist attack as these basic products show up in a plethora of other products and the companies do the distribution for you.

Can you spell Castor beans?

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Israelis always get picked on, they are always victims and are entirely blameless for anything that happens anywhere. It's all anti-semitism you know

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Antibiotics in milk are illegal..................

www.ext.vt.edu...

Wow who knew?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
[

Skadi, here's one ATS link on that story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That would be the post, sanctum, and thank you. Let people see that this is not an isolated incident.

Dr Horacid, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that this guy was adding something to the milk that shouldnt be there.

You are aware that there are people allergic to anti biotics, arent you? Duh.............

You dont add anti biotics to milk, thats bad. I think someone needs to go back to school and learn some biology.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
May i congratualte DrHoricid on her level headed posts in this thread

Yes antibiotics are illegal. In some countries what they do is give every animal or chicken a small dose of antibiotics routinly to kill any nacient diseases that may be there. Good idea, keeps the stock and fowl happier, but further down the food chain, when we eat the meat, our bugs start to build resistance to the antibiotics that are always present in our bodies.

That has really bad ramifications for future human diseases if they are resistant to antibiotics. As a result it is banned from the animals.

When this first happened to the chicken breeders they were really upset, as they had numerous chicken diseases that lost them birds. But everyone got over it.

Whats the good thing about such a law?

Eat New Zealand produce, there is a good chance it is a hell of a lot heathier for you than the hormone packed, drug packed food that you get now. NZ meat doesn't give 8 year old girls breasts...

What the Israeli did is probably totaly legal in Israel.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well, the article which you linked to mentions nothing about Mossad, and in fact states that the man was a farmer, who happened to be born in Israel and was there on a perfectly legal work permit.

But some of my esteemed colleagues have to continute the trend of insulting themselves by hopping onto this story like paris hilton to a videocamera. Can't resist can you?

For some of you, anyone who happens to be of Israeli or Jewish descent is automatically a Mossad operative, murderer, poisoner, babykiller, or whatever else fits you little agenda of the day.

It doesn't matter that the NZ police Constable himself called this a highly unusual and isolated incident. Irrelevant, because you have invented a much higher purpose. Doesn't matter as other members posted that the practice was not illegal in other countries, and had been introduced barely a year and a half ago. That's ok.

I have been to Israel. If I ever get arrested for littering I have to wonder if some of you will write a story about "Mossad Agent defaces streets of New York".

The guy is a farmer, and it is his responsibility to check the local laws. He messed up and he will pay the consequences according to NZ law.

Some of you aren't happy with that and would rather use his origin to further your own pettiness. If anyone else did that they'd be called racist. You very same lovely people who shriek (and I do mean shriek) about people being detained by the US unjustifiably simply because they are Muslim, are now lynching this guy simply because he was born in Israel.

Lowlifes. Nothing more, nothing less. Hypocritical lowlifes who jump to hang people when it suits them but criticize anyone else for doing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Go for it Djarums!

I have to apologise for congratulating Skadi, I mixed her name up with the female pic by DrHoracid. My
actually go to him for actually trying to understand what is happening.

it seems a "conspiracy board" provides just an excuse for beating up on stereotypes without even bothering to learn about the truth (DrHoracid the exception here), as Djarums suggests... So much for trying to find the truth....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I guess someone had a button pushed! Relax, no one said the farmer was a Mossad agent. Kind of a leap. Who's hanging him? Racist? I bet that is a favorite little word of yours right after anti-semite. Grow up! Everyone isn't out to condemn the Jews....Jeeeeezus! (Pun intended)

Anyhow...He did destroy 40,000 litres of milk. What is the financial cost to the people that own the farm? Maybe he was pissed off at them for some reason or another. Antibiotics are easy to get, cheap, and I am sure he knew it would be tested. He did not mess up. It appears very intentional. It seems the most plausable answer. Countermeasures has a good theory as well(perhaps to test the thoroughness of the test and how far the milk might get if it were in fact contaminated with a lethal adulterant NOT to see if he could in fact hurt people...kinD of a drill if you will). Last I checked the Israelis(sp) are on our side(If we have to get down to my side your side..rather then the human being side). Same G-d just different chapters of the same book!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I refuse to be labeled anti semite, but the farmer will fare, far better, for being Jewish, than if he were a relocated Syrian. When an Isreali national anywhere in the world, gets arrested for anything, shouts from isreal go far and wide, with positive results for the alledged perpetrator.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Actually more than one member in this thread did make allusions to this being an "operation" and that Israelis are apparently doing all sorts of vile things in NZ. For what purpose? Perhaps someone can explain to me the high intelligence value of NZ because I can't seem to figure it out.

My point isn't debating whether the farmer is a moron or a malicious sabateur. My point is the odd reaction people on here have to a story like this.

As is the case with mass Muslim arrests, I do not believe that it is fair to treat someone as "more guilty" due to their country of origin.

I issue a challenge to the members above. If you are going to continue this path of imposing guilt based on national origin, please come out in the open with it, and state beyond any doubts that this is your belief. It will then be clear that you find any Israeli who commits a crime to be committing a hideous act of espionage, and it will follow that any Muslim will be detainable by the explanation that "no he wasn't selling expired hotdogs by accident, he is obviously a terrorist". Right?

Let's be honest. If the article said "New Zealander arrested for milk contamination" instead of it's current headline, it would have been completely ignored and you would've blamed it on a nutty farmer rather than a nasty Israeli who's "up to no good".

The article would not have been posted if the guy wasn't from Israel. There is no arguing that point.

Why don't we just detain all Muslims and Jews the world over simply because they weren't born in places you consider desirable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join