It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Pokemon Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have never posted in this forum before, but a reoccurring dream has brought me here.

In this dream I'm a high level player of a game that is a far advanced version of Pokemon Go, more or less. This game seems to be popular with the tween/teen crowd, but for some reason I was playing it with a group of older players.

The game at it's beginner levels is similar to Pokemon Go in that you go around in the real world battling virtual monsters for points that raise your player level through a system of rank. Eventually, when your rank increases enough, you acquire a virtual reality suit that is a futuristic version of the armor and magical clothing that would be worn by D&D characters. When you have the necessary rank and outfit, including virtual reality goggles, you start doing battle with not only virtual monsters in the real world, you do virtual battles with real monsters, then finally real battles with real monsters.

In this latest dream I had stopped playing the game after solving a number of complex puzzles and locating the real life secret base of some evil satanic cult. After doing battle with them, a number of my group were actually killed. I had gotten as far as reaching the "end boss' of the game and took a picture of it and some of the hazards in it's lair and left the game for a long time. Apparently I had reached the highest player level, but got too frightened to continue playing. When I got back into the game I was trying to assemble a new team to go after the end boss.

I've had a few dreams like this since Pokemon Go became popular, but forgot about the dreams until last night. It was disturbing enough to post about here after I woke up.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Um.... Alright!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
After taking a while to think about it, perhaps Pokemon Go was just a theme to bring to the surface of my mind the idea that I feel helpless against TPTB and desire a way to fight back. I'm not a gamer in the least. I occasionally play some D&D type adventure games, but never online or with a group.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
After taking a while to think about it, perhaps Pokemon Go was just a theme to bring to the surface of my mind the idea that I feel helpless against TPTB and desire a way to fight back. I'm not a gamer in the least. I occasionally play some D&D type adventure games, but never online or with a group.

When presented with a wall too high to scale and too wide to go around, never give up until you failed to tunnel under it.

You may feel powerless in the face of monumental opposition but remember, nothing more powerful than water and time have carved the greatest canyons.

You, too, will leave your mark.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Yeah, that would make more sense. I have similar dreams when I'm stressed or unsatisfied, dreams which are in appearance silly but yet kinda serious - the brain is just trying to explore and solve scenarios, using characters you know as symbols for the forces that concerns you.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
That dream scenario sounds like a good movie plot actually. I remember a crappy sci-fi movie about a kid who mastered a arcade video game to become a warrior in a great space battle. Can't remember the name of it, but it was entertaining enough to watch it once on TV.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is what I immediately thought of....

Source

In 2022, a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online (SAO) is released. With the NerveGear, a helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds. Both the game and the NerveGear was created by Akihiko Kayaba. On November 6, 10,000 players log into the SAO's mainframe cyberspace for the first time, only to discover that they are unable to log out. Kayaba appears and told the players that they must beat all 100 floors of Aincrad, a steel castle which is the setting of SAO if they wish to be free. Those who suffer in-game deaths or forcibly remove the NerveGear out-of-game will suffer real-life deaths.

I've watched the first season. I'm not into the Anime stuff much, but I had to give it a try. To me it was just "Meh".
edit on 15-12-2016 by Tekaran because: Missed some content.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
That dream scenario sounds like a good movie plot actually. I remember a crappy sci-fi movie about a kid who mastered a arcade video game to become a warrior in a great space battle. Can't remember the name of it, but it was entertaining enough to watch it once on TV.

You may be thinking of the movie "Starfighter".

Followed the success of the first "Star Wars" movie, asI recall, and had a tie-in to a stand-alone video arcade game by the same name.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Star fighter, yeah that was it. Pretty lame, but good enough to watch it on a TV broadcast through to the end.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Yeah, that would make more sense. I have similar dreams when I'm stressed or unsatisfied, dreams which are in appearance silly but yet kinda serious - the brain is just trying to explore and solve scenarios, using characters you know as symbols for the forces that concerns you.

Good analysis Swanne. That seems to be spot on when compared to some possible predictive dream.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sounds like you might very well soon be fighting demons in real life.

Notice how Pokemon Go players have found real dead bodies at the remote places where ley-lines intercept. In other words, a real possessed person made a blood sacrifice at a ley-line cross-over point.

As peoples awareness rises to new higher frequencies they will be able to see the real demons that walk among the humans.

Entities like the Rephaim are seen in the low infra-red end of the spectrum. As they are spirits, they cannot be picked up by infra-red.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

I do know about at least one demon I should probably deal with in my immediate family, but it doesn't stay with me and hasn't come around my home, it has no quarter here and no power over my life. It's one in my step daughter's life, a life that is sadly gone astray IMO. It has actually physically manifested in her home and she has fear of it, too bad as no faith invites such fears and unwanted "guests". It is certainly centered on her, but if it attacks the grand baby though, it will be driven away, I'll make sure of that much.

I hadn't considered the fact that some people have died playing Pokemon Go. Another similarity to my dream scenario.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

It's the Shapers and the influence of XM on your mind. You have been visiting "portals" getting infected and not even know it while you have been tossing balls at creatures. You will have a side to choose. I can only hope you resist the shapers influence.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: staple

I have no clue about any of that. Perhaps you could elaborate?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Never mind,

Ingress is a location-based, augmented-reality, massively multiplayer online game (MMOG)

new topics

top topics

join