It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the public being lied to by world governments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is the question, Do you think that the public are being lied to and kept in the dark by various world governments with regards to EBE's, UFO's, etc?
Are the governments covering up evidence of ancient, more advanced, civilisations, and the various tech found?

Examples: The Japanese team and US team who found evidence of underground
rooms at the Sphinx were kicked out of Egypt before they could finish their work....why not investigate this? Are they afraid what the so-called Hall of Records would contain?
Why all the secrecy surrounding the various research installations around the world? Surely the people have the right to know what their tax money is being spent on?
Are the governments of several countries in contact with beings from other worlds?

.....or are we being paranoid, and just looking for things that aren't there? Do we want there to be conspiracies so much that we are seeing them where there is none? Like the JFK assassination, do we want there to be more that just a simple explanation?

Have the governments and military really the brains to keep so much secret? Are they laughing at the various crackpot theories springing up all the time?

What are your thought on this ?

Personaal I think that secrecy is necesary when dealing with new military projects. But I also think that they are covering up more than just military secrets, whether it is aliens, or ancient, advanced civilisations, well I don't know whether they really have the brains and motivation to do these things.

Are they or aren't they?
Do you think that the public are being lied to and kept in the dark by various world governments with regards to EBE's, UFO's, etc?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If there's anyone lying to the public about anything it's the American Government for sure. Not sure about the other government though.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Jordon has been more public about the UN taking over education in the country, but you won't here anything on the news about the USA following thoughs guidelines, even though we are kinda.

Brazil has been public about UFOs being a threat for 20 years, but the Russian & US goverment aren't at all.

It all depends who benefits from this news and why they need it.

Benefits:
Jordon: More Forigen Investments
Brazil: More Concern of "Aliens" than the economy.
Russia: Allows the USA and UN to give them more needed funds.
USA: No riots and no "fighting" of the corruption in the goverment.

See...It's all about who benefits and why.

[edit on 1/27/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Celtic,

Good post. With regards to the JFK assasssination, why didn't the commisssion make a deeper investigation of organized crime (LA)? Wasn't Oswald raised in Louisiana? Didn't he get take a bus trip there, day's before the assassination? Didn't the FBI use the, "I (Dallas office) thought that they (Louisiana office) had the file?" excuse? Didn't Ruby have "some PIZZA" the night, before he shot Oswald. Wasn't Dallas Sheriff Decker close to organized crime, to try and keep others out. There is a story of a Judge getting his wallet stolen at gun point. Decker smiled and said, "Don't worry you'll have it back by sundown." He put the word in the ear's of other criminals, and guess what? The Judge had his wallet back before sundown. They do keep their secrets in the south.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Throughout history hasn't that always been the case, governments lie to their loyal subjects.

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
- Adolf Hitler

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
OK, if they are lying to the public about such things as UFO's and EBE's, do you not think that these alien entities, if friendly, would insist that the world know of their existence? Why have these aliens only appeared to a select few, and not to the general populus? If they (the good aliens) want their message to be heard, as those in contact seem to say, then with all their technology, couldn't they just hijack one of the sattelites orbiting Earth, and transmit messages from that? That would seem to be so much easier that coming all the way to the surface, going to all the trouble to abduct someone just to tell them a message.

If the aliens are "bad" , then what are the governments doing cooperating with them? Also, has no one wondered why there is no detailed photos or video of these UFO's or aliens? Surley if they have been visiting for at least the last 50 years, there would be some definitive proof would there not? All the photos I have seen are inconclusive.

With regards to other secrets, why do the governments think that the public couldn't handle the truth? If you ask me, should the truth regarding UFO's come out, I believe that the human population would move away from all this warmongering that is going on in the world, and see the bigger picture. I think most of the world population could and would accept the truth about these things, and I think that most would also just go on with their everyday lives. Their view of the world and universe would change, but not their everyday lives, they would still have to feed their family, etc.

Why can we not do anything about all this secrecy? Do the people not have a voice? Or do people not care enough about what the government is hiding to do anything about it? Mass demonstration, strikes, constant harrassment of elected officials, would at the very least put pressure on them.
...or deep down, do most people think that there is no truth in this whatsoever, and it is just wishful thinking?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Is the Pope Catholic?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Is the Pope Catholic?

Now there's a whole different conspiracy theory.

But in a word, "yes", to the first question.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If Governments weren't corrupt they WOULD NOT run on terms.

They would run until they became obviously corrupt, and then you would have to start over. Change of government would happen when its citizens demanded it, not at the governments whim.

If governments weren't run on false terms, we would need to be WAY more critical of our government at all times, instead of the 'keep an eye close during Election time' mentality that people have now. Elections are when the media takes itself most seriously too, pretending that by covering the election, it is for the only time in the (4) year (s) cycle focusing its entire news coverage on:

What ALL the people want. Now why is it only during elections? Oh wait, giving us info about our favorite celebrities is what we want to see on CNN, sorry.

We only need to look at history for proof that governments lie. Heres an easy example, not related to this conspiracy, Indian tribes NEVER had only one chief. They always had the Chiefs, the Wise Elders, and one Chief was the European model.
But look in any movie or book read in a Canadian school (even in the Indian-heavy areas like NWT where I grew up) and you will only see mention of the Big Chief indian. Just a simple example of disinformation in history.

top topics

join