It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Implications of Human/Animal Hybrids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What are the religious implications of creating human/animal hybrids, such as the plans at Stanford University to create mice with human brains? Could they think like us? Should we experiment on them or kill them for science?

Check out my science thread to see what's going on and then please post your comments:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have heard rumors that Colombia in NYC has done (illegal)
Ape/Human combos ... forcing egg and sperm together
to create embryos and then killing the test tube 'babies'
at different stages of development ... a few hours, a few
days, a few weeks.

It's just a rumor I have heard. I heard it a few years ago.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have no problems with it being a christian. But there are going ot be civil and cultural problems when the "mice" want to be able to vote, and run for president.

I figure if God allows man to do it, then it is okay. But once problems come up that are based on more then a persons beliefs, then we might need to re-think things.

We might as well be asking if it is okay to attempt eugenics on humans to make them smarter, stronger.. and who knows.. breath underwater

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Um...what is the purpose of doing this I wounder? what bennifit does this offer humans on a medical bases?

Its just dam right weired because for a start obviously our brains are huge compared to a mouse so i can't see how this is possible to be honest. The size of the animal has to be able to cope with data for it's size. Shurly this is heading for overload if we subject our brain on mice.

A parrot has the natural intelligence of a two year old toddler. Going on my 17month old she is very bright so that is impressive.

I'll have to wait and see if a mouse can impress me with two or three word sentances and make themselves understood!

top topics

join