It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama-Color Of his skin‘absolutely’ Contributed to white Americans negative perceptions of him

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: seasonal

Since he was in a position of power, and racism can only come from those in a position of power, and not from those who have been held down, i find his claims dubious, based on the claims of every black person who claimed that they can't be racist because only powerful people can be racist. Or whatever.

In fact, i'll counter with my own claims that i was racially targeted by him for increased taxes and healthcare premiums because i am a middle class self employed white feller. Plus, i'm pretty sure he was listening in on my phone convos.

Why do you think racism can only come from those in power? Can only government be racist then? Does that mean the KKK, that lost nearly all of its power over the years, is not racist anymore?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What he really meant to say was:

I, Barrack Obama and my wife Michelle, have negative perceptions of White Americans because of their skin color.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Since he was in a position of power, and racism can only come from those in a position of power, and not from those who have been held down, i find his claims dubious, based on the claims of every black person who claimed that they can't be racist because only powerful people can be racist. Or whatever.

In fact, i'll counter with my own claims that i was racially targeted by him for increased taxes and healthcare premiums because i am a middle class self employed white feller. Plus, i'm pretty sure he was listening in on my phone convos.

Why do you think racism can only come from those in power? Can only government be racist then? Does that mean the KKK, that lost nearly all of its power over the years, is not racist anymore?
I'm simply going by the narrative of the liberal media and their strong arm stormtroopers BLM.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm no Obama fan, trust me. But the way this article is written... it seems to be a mixed up, taken out of context, edited version of what was actually said. Things like this do nothing to further your/our cause of finding and exposing the Truth.

First it says this

Outgoing U.S. President, Barack Obama has disclosed that he ‘absolutely’ suffered racism in office, adding that Americans’ ‘primary concern about me has been that I seem foreign.’

....which seems to indicate he lumped all americans into this opinion of his regarding their "primary concern".
but then...

“Are there folks whose primary concern about me has been that I seem foreign, the other? Are those who champion the ‘birther’ movement feeding off of bias? Absolutely.”

...which merely states that there are people that exist who think this way. A much different statement. And this seems to be a more full version. look at the first one I quoted and the odd, erratic placement of 'quotation marks' (the single mark version, when used to quote within a quote...why are these used and not the traditional "double marks" like "these"? who is being quoted here? who is speaking?).

Its clear that its a chopped up version of what he actually said. The word "Americans'" is not even included inside the 'quotation marks', further supporting my belief that he didn't actually say anything like "Americans primary concern about me is that I seem foreign."

He merely said that those people do exist. Which I absolutely agree with. People of all types exist. People with gay fantasies about Obama, as well as people who would love to see him beheaded in public, and everything in between and even outside those parameters, including people who are neutral toward him, or hardly ever think of him.

Why did he bring that specific group of people up? I don't know. I don't have the full transcript of the conversation/interview, and neither is it on the website linked... perhaps he was asked a question, which this statement was an appropriate answer to.

I don't really like Obama much anymore, since around 2 -3 years into his first term, but I cannot support every little thing that comes up just because it is critical of him. The reason I turned away from him to begin with was due to a devotion to the truth on my part. And this just seems like trickery. If we could see, or read, the interview or whatever, there may indeed be things in there worthy of criticism, but all we have here is minced words... close to being outright lies on the part of whoever wrote that article.

Because of this "Americans main concern..." bs, I don't know what else in this article to believe, and further discussion seems to be a waste of time to me, until we have access to the actual, real source of these words. Not some 3rd party deciding which words we need to see, and not only that, but which order we need to see them in, and if any extra words, like "Americans'", need to be added in here and there, regardless if he said them or not.

Maybe this was one innocent mistake and everything else they are saying is right on point and 100% truthful and honest, but I have no way of knowing that. Or maybe it wasn't a mistake at all, maybe Obama really did say it that way, and also the way he was actually quoted as saying, but again, I have no way of knowing that. Seems more rational to assume it's a hit piece of sorts, and the whole thing is likely bs, which is unnecessary, since there is enough real stuff you could say about the guy without twisting his words...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It does not matter if the guy was pink, he sucked as a President.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slakecontagia

originally posted by: Swills

I'm white and am totally okay with Obama.

I agree , and thanks . BO's poor mother , though ...

Isn't the mita...dna the defining ? That is... momma's ... I guess I'm asking -why did he call himself a ' black man ' ?

He must be captivated by appearances , also .

Maybe because all his life he's been labeled a "black man" based upon the color of his skin and not the origin of his genetics. It's not too difficult to understand if you actually try.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Actually most white Americans were willing to overlook the fact he was a Marxist because they so desperately wanted to "make up" for their ancestors.

So if anything he was elected mostly just because he was African American.

The elite did well to capitalize on this fact.

Quit trying to rewrite history.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenkinswasher

Obama made the world a much more insecure place to be.

He made health care more accessible, but a lot less affordable.

Race relations are terrible.

Debt is terrible.

Didn't do a thing about NAFTA like he said he would, lied.

Big bucks to Iran.

Police acted stupidly.

Crying about experiencing racism as pres.

Off the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OF COURSE the fact that he aided the enemy ,started a cold war and OBSTRUCTED legal efforts (STILL IS) would TRUMP his skin...Didja SEE what I did there?
Boot that LOUSY ACTIVIST bigot BACK to Chicago to live ,THEY DESERVE the company in public offices.

Worthless scum.

edit on 15-12-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The cold war that was started with Putin was scary. I'm glad that HRC lost because she was status quo, and that would be a disaster.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He'll back off from the REST of the Ukraine.
Again, keep your eyes on China.
They are attempting to screw with the dollar and that ALWAYS ends in a war.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Personally, I think Obama and many other people of color in this country actually believe that white folks are superior to them.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I wish that the govts could stop allowing themselves to be used. I contend that the wars are not between the people of the countries, they are between govts.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It's on.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Lawyers...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am interested in hearing why you think the Obama presidency was a success.

Please list his achievements from most important to least important.

Then please explain how these achievements have lasting impact.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
More like his anti christian, cop hating, white hating, pro riot, pro Iranian, hate of US Military, bailing the bankers out instead of paying the people mortages, horrible obamacare, defending criminals, destroying the middle east by arming ISIS and causing mass exodus of nutjobs into Europe. Thats why white america hates obama. Hes about to give us WW3 with Russia.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My problem with the President had nothing to do with his skin color, and everything to do with poor policy choices, lies, and epic levels of failure at leading.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A black liberal cries racism to cover up for all the errors they have made. SHOCK!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In my area we have 5% population black. I see the police report and it is 1/2 black. Iknow a lot of African Americans who work and do what they can to survive. I see a lot of the drug trade and crime done by African Americans. About half of it is done by them. I offer jobs to them but they laugh and say beat it cracker as they ride away on their bikes. Its a life style for them as it is for the other 50% of crime which is white guy doing the same thing. I dislike all of them white or black or Spanish. It really doesn't matter your skin color. JUST SAYING A HIGH PERCENTAGE IS BLACK ACCORDING TO POPULATION.
edit on 16-12-2016 by jlafleur02 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join