It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama-Color Of his skin‘absolutely’ Contributed to white Americans negative perceptions of him

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sadly the only thing the big O ensures with these statements is he will be the only black person elected president. Sadly all others will pay for his epic failure of the last 8 years. He campaigned his ass off for she who was to be another first and his own demographic failed him. He will become more bitter with age as he finds himself irrelevant. When information leaked is confirmed that he approved arming ISIS to overthrow Assad in Syria his legacy will end up on the scap heap of history.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Sadly the only thing the big O ensures with these statements is he will be the only black person elected president. Sadly all others will pay for his epic failure of the last 8 years. He campaigned his ass off for she who was to be another first and his own demographic failed him. He will become more bitter with age as he finds himself irrelevant. When information leaked is confirmed that he approved arming ISIS to overthrow Assad in Syria his legacy will end up on the scap heap of history.

Not an epic failure. He is a very good President and never has been bitter.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ahhhh...your usual charming self tonight I see.

I'll just have to start carrying around a recorder or pad and pencil, to follow the 4 "W's" of good reporting: who, what, when, where. That way I'll be sure to have all the times I've heard those sentiments spoken, watched documentaries inclusive of the same, and read of the sentiments I referred to. Oh yes, time and date will be noted too...all just for you!

Gotta "ramble" off into the sunset now to find others to pose apparently hard to grasp, seemingly far fetched ideas around. Recorder, pad, pencil, crayon or whatever in tow! It's all in the documentation, right?!

🎶Soooo off a'ramblin🎶🎤I'm a'goin' ! On down dat roooooo aad agin'🎶🎶ramblin'🎶o a'ramblin' I must go!🎤

Ha cha cha cha aaaaahh!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

That guy is not a good anything.
He illegally used the irs against his political opponents.
His doj armed drug cartels in mexico.
He stood by and did nothing when russia invaded ukraine.
He ordered ice to not follow the law.
His middle east foreign policy is actually worse than bush jr's. That alone is quite a feat.
It seems everthing this guy touches turns to crap.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

So in one post you essentially requested that someone provide a definition of "race card."

Because I think it's important for THEM to think about.

Now you are indicating that an article that didn't specifically say that "Gates acted stupidly" means that he didn't, in fact, act stupidly.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I said that CNN offered no editorial on who acted stupidly, and that I did not interpret the facts presented in the article to indicate that Gates had, in fact, acted stupidly. I am a little bit familiar with the incident, after all.

While I do believe your intentions are good, if you need to have the very basics of language and verbal/written intent spelled out for you...

I do not need to have the very basics of language and verbal/written intent spelled out for me. I make my living as a writer and editor, and I have no problems in that regard.

And with that, I believe I'll stop reading your post.

I certainly hope you didn't have anything of merit to say.

edit on 15-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
I don't like him, not because he is black but because I just don't like him.

Good enough reason for me.

This is the exact thing people say when they don't like someone because of race, instead of just saying they don't they just say "just because I don't like them"

so much cognitive dissonance in this room.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wanna know the difference between poor and great leaders?

The poor ones just complain about problems or even make them worse. The great ones actually solve or improve upon them.

I have no doubt where Obama is on that continuum. I'm glad he's done.
edit on 15-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That is a true sign of racism,and that has been the problem throughout his regime,forcing social values down peoples throats,pretty much trying to dismantle how americans think,doesn't matter what color a jackass comes in,when it's still a jackass at the end of the day

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

His statement says it all. I wonder if the interviewing host from CNN would smile through their capped teeth at Bush if he said Northern black and Southern blacks see him differently? I bet they would almost pass out at the opportunity to yell racism.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
How many other presidents have dared to whine and make excuses for their failures? Would Washington, or Jefferson, or either Roosevelt have cried and blamed their shortcomings on others, or would they have fessed up to them, and taken responsibility?

We have fallen so far. This president is a truly craven man. A pathetic excuse for a leader that has tarnished a long and great legacy. My hope is that our legacy survives him and extends far beyond him, leaving him to dust.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Maybe the problem is that he's clueless, has been for the past 8 years, and shows no signs of doing anything about it. Um, he was elected president. Twice. I'm pretty sure people are okay with the color of his skin. As for the birther movement, that might have something to do with his name and where his parents were from. If his last name was Jones, I don't think we'd have the same issue. If anyone has gone on record on calling out the color of his skin, it's him. "He could be my son." Really? He wanted to pick sides by favoring a thug kid, stoned out of his mind and more than physically capable of harming someone, who also attacked someone, over the victim, based purely on skin color. I'm actually starting to think Obama is racist. I mean, his approval rating is as high as it's ever been, and it's because racism? What a clueless ass. Yeah, couldn't have anything to do with him lying to the faces of the people who voted for him.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Not an epic failure. He is a very good President and never has been bitter.

Well, excluding this, right? Oh, also, the countless times similar to this.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Don't forget the news media allowed a free pass for all of his racial sole searching that he was silly enough to do out loud. A real dis-service.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PsionicOmniverse

That sounds disingenuous to me.

I've said that before. I've said that of white people I know and work with and I'm white. I certainly do not hate them because of their race. I am not ashamed or apologetic for being white and certainly don't owe anyone, anything form something my ancestors did or didn't do. Race has never played a factor if determining whether or not I like someone.

Though, admittedly, I generally dislike most people. I find most people are dull, lost in the grittiness of some dour reality or are just outright dumb. Many lack a sense of humor, have disgusting personal habits, live in negativity or with a victim mentality or have fanatical religious beliefs. As a few examples. But I can honestly say I have never had race play into the factoring of my decision on whether or not I like someone.

AND (not directed at anyone)

Not to be off-topic. I'm a white fellow from the South. I didn't dislike Obama as a president. I thought he made some decent decisions and I thought he made some poor decisions and I think he is partly to blame for whole race issue being the hot bed that it is. While I have always been aware of race issues in America, through my life I don't ever recall them being being in everything and everywhere, until recently.

I came across a Morgan Freeman quote about how, if you want to stop racism, stop talking about so much and stop making it bigger than it is. Here's the url.

Morgan Freeman on Racism

My biggest complaint about Obama is that he is a whiner. I've never seen a president whine so much. Racism has been Obamas "go-to" card he likes to play and it's been a disservice to everyone in America, including himself. He is just as guilty of it himself as he claims everyone else i and I'll be glad to see a new president in office who isn't constantly telling me what a horrible person I am because of my political beliefs or skin color. Well, at least that is my hope.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

All I can say is YEP. Correct. And right on.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Relda,

Please rattle off all his sterling successes.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonalhe really needs to quit crying about his skin color because it was his policies that were the cause of people not liking his presidency not his skin color.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This is weird, but at my workplace and in my daily life, I have spoken with a number of African Americans who also had a negative view of President Obama because his skin color was 'not black' enough. So what does that mean? He just didn't have the right skin color at all? Wtf? Who cares about skin color?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Since he was in a position of power, and racism can only come from those in a position of power, and not from those who have been held down, i find his claims dubious, based on the claims of every black person who claimed that they can't be racist because only powerful people can be racist. Or whatever.

In fact, i'll counter with my own claims that i was racially targeted by him for increased taxes and healthcare premiums because i am a middle class self employed white feller. Plus, i'm pretty sure he was listening in on my phone convos.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

This is weird, but at my workplace and in my daily life, I have spoken with a number of African Americans who also had a negative view of President Obama because his skin color was 'not black' enough. So what does that mean? He just didn't have the right skin color at all? Wtf? Who cares about skin color?

It means that a lot of people don't like him for many different reasons. some of them because he was too black or too white, but mostly for his terrible policies though. And he would rather you hate him for his skin than his #ed up strategies for subverting the constitution, which is actually treason and punishable by death. He enacted a lot of unconstitutional policies in 8 years, those policies will still be hated long after he's gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join