It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama-Color Of his skin‘absolutely’ Contributed to white Americans negative perceptions of him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: seasonal

Whites voted him in twice. The elections weren't even close. I would say he needs to let go but candidly, using the 'race card' has served him VERY well.... so I can't exactly blame him for continuing to use it.

He used the race card? When?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

When I voted or choose a candidate, they always seemed to win. That is in the last fifty years. I thought I was going to loose this time, I thought maybe Hillary was going to win, but I still chose Trump. My record is unblemished.

It is not that I like Trump, it is that I do not like the deceptive practices and some of the ignorant actions of Hillary, she personally denied sending extra help to Benghazi. She lied and deceived even to congress. She should never been allowed to run for president.

A very lot of people feel the same way I do, in fact here in Michigan we had a very high number of people who voted but would not vote for president. But throughout this country many decided they needed to stop Hillary so they voted for the lesser of two evils. I guess I am normal, Trump had the better VP.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

In a hundred years a group of friends will be playing Trivial Pursuit and there will be a question that asks, "Who was the first African American President of the United States?"...... That will be his legacy as far as I can tell.

Then again.... I've been wrong before.

In the Cards Against Humanity deck, that answer is already William Clinton.

So he doesn't get that either.

I've been working too much. I'm too tired. I'm absolutely disappointed in myself that I forgot that little gem.

Many thanks for reminding me of that

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I didn't consider myself a racist until Obama proved me wrong. Voted into the presidency with a multitude of questionable issues never answered, embarrassing our country til we became an absolute laughingstock internationally, destroying our healthcare system...I despise him. If that makes me a a "racist" in his eyes I wear the name proudly. He completely embarrassed himself-I don't care if he is black or white-but quit saying he's black-he's not-he's just an incompetent idiot who will go down in history as one big dark spot in our country's leadership.

No, that makes you misinformed. None of what you said is true.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Whites voted him in twice. The elections weren't even close. I would say he needs to let go but candidly, using the 'race card' has served him VERY well.... so I can't exactly blame him for continuing to use it.

Just off the top of my head....

"The police acted stupidly"... which led to the ridiculous "beer summit"

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon"

"Racism is in America's DNA"

Oh yeah... I almost forgot.... what he JUST said which caused the creation of this thread.

And this is without even really thinking about it.

But no, Reldra.... He has NEVER used the race card and as someone that voted for Trump... I'm living in an alternate reality, right?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

3) His name is Barack Hussein Obama and he IS the President.
NFL

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

He is the Pres. suck it up, got a set? Then act like it.

He is the Pres.

O is the President (I cut president short to save typing, didn't work with you)

(the sentence continued) suck it up,

Stop bi$%hing about trivial things.

(the sentence continues) got a set?

Meaning are you a grown man?

Then act like it.

Stop wining about things that should be below a president's concerns.

The comments he has made would have had Bush in deep doo doo.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
One final point: Last thing this country needs is more divisive white people are racists BS. White people are just people, same as black people are just people. Sure some people are racists, but that has jack and diddly to do with what color your skin was at birth and more to do with a whole host of other factors.

But fine Obama and others can keep pushing this racial divide, and people will continue pushing back against it. AS THEY SHOULD.
edit on 12/14/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Just off the top of my head....

"The police acted stupidly"... which led to the ridiculous "beer summit"

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon"

"Racism is in America's DNA"

Oh yeah... I almost forgot.... what he JUST said which caused the creation of this thread.

And this is without even really thinking about it.

But no, Reldra.... He has NEVER used the race card and as someone that voted for Trump... I'm living in an alternate reality, right?

Seems to me we need to define the term "race card." One would think such a thing would be self explanatory, but it gets tossed around so much, to me it can be applied to any discussion of race, in any context.

That, of course, is exactly the sort of thing conservatives hate, because it's a PC technique to stifle dialog -- except of course when it's conservatives doing it.

The truth is that Obama was often expected by the press to make some statement in matters that involved racial tension, and he gave honest answers. Should he have lied? I don't recall him saying anything that was especially tactless in that regard.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

He is the Pres. suck it up, got a set? Then act like it.

He is the Pres.

O is the President (I cut president short to save typing, didn't work with you)

(the sentence continued) suck it up,

Stop bi$%hing about trivial things.

(the sentence continues) got a set?

Meaning are you a grown man?

Then act like it.

Stop wining about things that should be below a president's concerns.

The comments he has made would have had Bush in deep doo doo.

That's certainly better. Your second to last sentence was sufficient to clarify your intent.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

embarrassing our country til we became an absolute laughingstock internationally

NO, that was Bush. People in most other countries greatly prefer Obama.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Being president means saying what will, at times, keep the peace. Would it have been so bad to say, instead of the police acted stupidly (right after saying he didn't have all the facts), "let the system work. We are a nation of laws not of different races, we will see justice."

Or is that not divisive enough to keep people separated?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Sources for that please.

NO, that was Bush. People in most other countries greatly prefer Obama.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Are you kidding? Right off the bat... the "police acted stupidly"... prior to knowing all the details of the situation, he blasted the police because (implying without specifically saying) the police were racist and if that professor were white instead of black there wouldn't have been any problems.

If Obama was correct in his initial statements.... it would have led to disciplinary actions against the cops on the scene at a minimum and sanctions against the local police department as a (possible) maximum. Of course it did not. It ended up with a "beer summit" because Obama had to save face.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Coming from you, reading your many posts, I thank you. My heart warms with your contrarian diatribes. You will love Obama til the end of your days-at least you are consistent. Have you seen the Monty Pyhton "Argument Society?" It fits you perfectly.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I could be wrong but I suspect you know the answer to your question.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Are you kidding? Right off the bat... the "police acted stupidly"... prior to knowing all the details of the situation, he blasted the police because (implying without specifically saying) the police were racist and if that professor were white instead of black there wouldn't have been any problems.

If Obama was correct in his initial statements.... it would have led to disciplinary actions against the cops on the scene at a minimum and sanctions against the local police department as a (possible) maximum. Of course it did not. It ended up with a "beer summit" because Obama had to save face.

As I recall, the police did act stupidly.

As far as police being disciplined for acting stupidly, I find that very seldom to be the case, and I have police in the family.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Being president means saying what will, at times, keep the peace. Would it have been so bad to say, instead of the police acted stupidly (right after saying he didn't have all the facts), "let the system work. We are a nation of laws not of different races, we will see justice."

It would have been more prudent to respond as you suggested, in my opinion.

But even if the guy had been white, the reports certainly indicated that the police acted stupidly. It reminds me of the Dave Chapelle skit where he explains that black people in nice neighborhoods don't call the cops because they'll never believe it's their house.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

yea... sure. how many ape remarks were made about past presidents and firs lady of the US... in history.
how many lynching threats on the presidents children before O-fail-bama... you realize people lost office position because of hateful remarks against th CIC... fox had to shut down their comment sections when one of his daughters announced she would attend an ivy league school.

to say 'race' is no issue is ______ [ -you can fill in the blanks with whatever you need to convince yourself of to reinforce the lack of race factor]

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The color of his skin has nothing to do with his abilities as president.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join