It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama-Color Of his skin‘absolutely’ Contributed to white Americans negative perceptions of him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Slakecontagia

I'm am offended by his insinuations. But I am not approved to be offended when real racist banter is thrown out there.

What ?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I've not once seen or heard of a person who was mixed race (black/white) EVER lean toward or claim to be white. Even many who are indistinguishable from non mixed race in that they were totally "white looking" CLAIM to be black. Do they do that for "shock" value just to see the look on people's faces, or what? I've heard more mixed race say they're ashamed or even out right HATE that they're half white. Why is that does anyone suppose?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What's your point? So what.....You found a black person that has been bamboozeled by "Birther Movement" lies, so that proves it's not a movement based in racism?

Nope.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Greggers

I knew plenty of white people that voted for him for that reason.

I don't. Not that I doubt they exist.

And either way, the plural of anecdote isn't data.

edit on 14-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Never hung out with people who are blue collar? Fairly common saying.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I noticed this quote in the vid

"ACLU an organization who's soul purpose is to defend the Bill or Rights"

The bill of rights has been decimated under president Obama.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Gothmog
Ahhh. How soon this idiot forgets the demographics of 2 terms.
He will go down in the annals of history as a box of rocks. Without the rocks....
Not necessarily because of his policies ( the major reason) but due to the pure divisiveness he brought to office. As this statement shows.

Historians have him ranked as a solid middle of the road President. He likely will not drift far from that in one direction or another, unless something he's instigated goes incredibly south, or incredibly north, at some point in the future -- and likely not even then, unless causation has a clear like directly back to him.

You mean "Historians" like Correct The Record?

No.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Never hung out with people who are blue collar? Fairly common saying.

Yes, I've hung out with plenty of people who are blue collar.

It's not the "expression" that makes your post incomprehensible.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

I've not once seen or heard of a person who was mixed race (black/white) EVER lean toward or claim to be white. Even many who are indistinguishable from non mixed race in that they were totally "white looking" CLAIM to be black. Do they do that for "shock" value just to see the look on people's faces, or what? I've heard more mixed race say they're ashamed or even out right HATE that they're half white. Why is that does anyone suppose?

Because they were raised in black communities and called all sorts of names for being mixed?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

NOW that is the new complaint. That he is only half Black. Before it was that he was a Kenyan with a monkey like wife that was a man. Now we see a different complaint. /sarc

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well good you understand it then. Next time I spell check, grammar check so as not to offend.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Those communities use racist slurs? Is that even possible?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well good you understand it then. Next time I spell check, grammar check so as not to offend.

It's not that EITHER, although that certainly would have helped. And I wasn't offended.

The real problem is that you didn't explain what the heck you were talking about. You basically just said he should grow a pair. Why were you directing that at me? It wasn't at all clear.

He should grow a pair by doing what? What did he do that suggests he doesn't have a pair?

Those are the things your initial post needed, if you wanted anyone to actually comprehend it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Shock value? You find mixed people ashamed to claim to be white? Where do you find this, I am interested. Do tell.

(actually, do not tell. I don;t need to hear your weird ramblings).

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

In a hundred years a group of friends will be playing Trivial Pursuit and there will be a question that asks, "Who was the first African American President of the United States?"...... That will be his legacy as far as I can tell.

Then again.... I've been wrong before.

In the Cards Against Humanity deck, that answer is already William Clinton.

So he doesn't get that either.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Those communities use racist slurs? Is that even possible?

Yes. I assure you it is.

Poor, inner-city neighborhood kids can be absolutely vicious to anyone who is mixed, or anyone who is "too dark," or anyone who actually tries to do well at school. There is culture problem there, eating its own.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: reldra

I noticed this quote in the vid

"ACLU an organization who's soul purpose is to defend the Bill or Rights"

The bill of rights has been decimated under president Obama.

How so?

link   

Maybe people just want to be cool and trendy ? I would guess a candidate for president would be the shallowest possible personality , regardless of such nonsense as skin color...

I think Obama will have a decent legacy , unless the crap that's coming can somehow be blamed on him ...

link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
I'm white and had no problem with the color of his skin when I voted for him in 08. I had no problem with the color of his skin when I did NOT vote for him in 12.

So, according to this theory, I became prejudiced during his term. Maybe I just saw his incompetence and broken promises. Sometimes the answers are just really simple.

According to whom?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Greggers

Ahhh. How soon this idiot forgets the demographics of 2 terms.
He will go down in the annals of history as a box of rocks. Without the rocks....
Not necessarily because of his policies ( the major reason) but due to the pure divisiveness he brought to office. As this statement shows.

Historians have him ranked as a solid middle of the road President. He likely will not drift far from that in one direction or another, unless something he's instigated goes incredibly south, or incredibly north, at some point in the future -- and likely not even then, unless causation has a clear like directly back to him.

For now. Final judgement is usually rendered after about 5-10 years after leaving office
And he was "elected" the single worst President in modern times , overtaking Jimmy Carter for that dubious honor.
Hands down, Obama is the worst president since WWII: poll

I want to tell you that survey the article is based on, sucks.

One liner again ? No contribution as to any form of information or substance as to why you believe as you do ?
It was a nationally recognized poll , ya know. Dems and Repubs all were chosen to take the poll and they have been doing this poll forever (well , for a long time now)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join