It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama-Color Of his skin‘absolutely’ Contributed to white Americans negative perceptions of him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Obama feels that "whites" let his skin color effect their perception of his totally awesome presidency. I'll be so glad when we can do away with this crutch that Obama uses for his failed pres.

The most powerful man in the free world had experienced racism, and Obama said American's primary concern about me was he seemed foreign.

Outgoing U.S. President, Barack Obama has disclosed that he ‘absolutely’ suffered racism in office, adding that Americans’ ‘primary concern about me has been that I seem foreign.’
“The concept of race in America is not just genetic, otherwise the one-drop rule wouldn’t have made sense.”

“It’s cultural. It’s this notion of a people who look different than the mainstream, suffering terrible oppression.

He compares "whites" in norther, verses southern states and how they view him different, and the color of his skin "absolutely" contributed to white Americans negative perceptions of his time in office.

“But somehow being able to make out of that a music and a language and a faith and a patriotism,” Obama said, in a special looking back on his legacy with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria.

“I think there’s a reason why attitudes about my presidency among whites in Northern states are very different from whites in Southern states.

“Are there folks whose primary concern about me has been that I seem foreign, the other? Are those who champion the ‘birther’ movement feeding off of bias? Absolutely.”

Obama said the colour of his skin had ‘absolutely’ contributed to white Americans’ negative perceptions of his time in office.

dailypost.ng...

Text

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm white and am totally okay with Obama.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Are you sure, he threw every one of those "whites" in a group and said they saw his skin color, and were so overtaken with that that it effected their perception.

Gosh, that statement from the pres sounded racist.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ahhh. How soon this idiot forgets the demographics of 2 terms.
He will go down in the annals of history as a box of rocks. Without the rocks....
Not necessarily because of his policies ( the major reason) but due to the pure divisiveness he brought to office. As this statement shows.

edit on 12/14/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Bailout banks much
Iceland bailed out people debt instead of bank debt and it worked wonders
edit on 14-12-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Swills

I agree , and thanks . BO's poor mother , though ...

Isn't the mita...dna the defining ? That is... momma's ... I guess I'm asking -why did he call himself a ' black man ' ?

He must be captivated by appearances , also .

link   
I don't like him, not because he is black but because I just don't like him.

Good enough reason for me.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Whites voted him in twice. The elections weren't even close. I would say he needs to let go but candidly, using the 'race card' has served him VERY well.... so I can't exactly blame him for continuing to use it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
I don't like him, not because he is black but because I just don't like him.

Good enough reason for me.

I absolutely accept that.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slakecontagia

originally posted by: Swills

I agree , and thanks . BO's poor mother , though ...

Isn't the mita...dna the defining ? That is... momma's ... I guess I'm asking -why did he call himself a ' black man ' ?

He must be captivated by appearances , also .

I have to respectfully disagree with that . You are acknowledged racially by what race you proclaim to belong to.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
He will go down in the annals of history as a box of rocks. Without the rocks....
Not necessarily because of his policies ( the major reason) but due to the pure divisiveness he brought to office. As this statement shows.

Historians have him ranked as a solid middle of the road President. He likely will not drift far from that in one direction or another, unless something he's instigated goes incredibly south, or incredibly north, at some point in the future -- and likely not even then, unless causation has a clear like directly back to him.

link   

Yeah, I don't find his remarks racist and I don't feel he threw me under the bus.

Psssst... Obama is also white.

I know right!!!!!!

link   
a reply to: Slakecontagia

I'm am offended by his insinuations. But I am not approved to be offended when real racist banter is thrown out there.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
BS!

The rampant violent hate crime committing racism of his party is what drew me out of the woodwork this year.

originally posted by: Greggers
Historians have him ranked as a solid middle of the road President. He likely will not drift far from that in one direction or another, unless something he's instigated goes incredibly south, or incredibly north, at some point in the future -- and likely not even then, unless causation has a clear like directly back to him.

He's so center of the road he drove a wedge through America with his divisive BS.
edit on 14-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I didn't consider myself a racist until Obama proved me wrong. Voted into the presidency with a multitude of questionable issues never answered, embarrassing our country til we became an absolute laughingstock internationally, destroying our healthcare system...I despise him. If that makes me a a "racist" in his eyes I wear the name proudly. He completely embarrassed himself-I don't care if he is black or white-but quit saying he's black-he's not-he's just an incompetent idiot who will go down in history as one big dark spot in our country's leadership.

link   

1) His presidency is NOT a failure.

2) It is a cultural problem that still exists.

3) His name is Barack Hussein Obama and he IS the President.

4) Trump=Bob Rumsen.

edit on 14-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
There are plenty of legitimate, non-racist reasons to support however one might feel about Obama, ranging from love to absolute hatred.

However, to deny that he experienced some racism is to deny reality. The birther, Osama/Obama, Muslim memes were absolutely motivated by race. And I know plenty of racist asshats who clearly didn't like him simply because he was black, but of course racists (in particular Northern racists, who've learned to suppress their views) are seldom honest with themselves or anyone else about their motivation.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Gothmog

For now. Final judgement is usually rendered after about 5-10 years after leaving office
And he was "elected" the single worst President in modern times , overtaking Jimmy Carter for that dubious honor.
Hands down, Obama is the worst president since WWII: poll
edit on 12/14/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

He is the Pres. suck it up, got a set? Than act like it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
BS!

Letters are fun.

The rampant violent hate crime committing racism of his party is what drew me out of the woodwork this year.

Who cares?

He's so center of the road he drove a wedge through America with his divisive BS.

I didn't say he was "center of the road" from a policy perspective, if that's what you're suggesting. I said historians have him ranked in the middle of the pack. I can show you the aggregate historical rankings of every President if you doubt this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join