It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Famous Hauntings Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was looking into some other threads involving places such as the house in Amityville and I was looking to ask the question of whether or not anyone thought haunted houses were real. I'm not talking about our own homes (as I'm sure many of us have stories), but more the houses that are famous for being haunted, such as the one in Amityville, or the Lemp Mansion, or some of the European castles that are reportedly haunted, you know, things like that. I'm looking at pretty much any type of famous haunting, from ones involving apparitions appearing at certain times to supposed demonic infestations.

Any comments or info would be appreciated. Thanx.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ive been into the underground city in Edinburgh Scotland. I saw some things to this day my friends nor I can explain. It was funny, even the tour guide got spooked.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimur
Ive been into the underground city in Edinburgh Scotland. I saw some things to this day my friends nor I can explain. It was funny, even the tour guide got spooked.

What sort of things happened?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The hauntings at Ft. McHenry (where "The Star Spangled Banner" was written by Francis Scott Key) in Baltimore are quite real. I live not too far from there (about 1/2 mile as the crow flies), and have visited several times. I have not experienced all of the hauntings claimed to be there, but I have heard voices and seen shadows in the prisons, heard cannon fire from defending troops, and have seen one soldier patrolling the fort.

I'm still on the fence about the Edgar Allen Poe grave "haunting" - the one where a bottle of cognac and a rose are left on his grave on his birthday. I've seen the rose and cognac on the grave, yet have never been an overnight watcher at the site when they're supposedly left. I'm still not sure if this is just a tradition still being carried on by quite living fans, or if it's something a little more supernatural.

There's many more local Maryland hauntings that I can confirm are real, but I can't think of any others offhand that are more than locally famous.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I watched a program on UK TV a few days ago called Dead Famous and they were looking for the Ghost of John Wayne, they ended up at his boat the "Wild Goose" and i must say i was quite convinced by the Psychic they had on there, cant remember his name though. He was Possessed by the Ghost of John Wayne, he called it channelling i think. He also picked up some very strange stuff on his tape recorder, EVP?
If anyone in the UK gets the chance to watch this program it is very good, even made my hair stand on end and im very sceptical about Ghosts.

top topics

join