It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bars States From Denying Federal Money to Planned Parenthood

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well in the video, you can see the planned parent hood executive talking baby parts. Watch it, try to be a little more objective.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It doesn't matter what he thinks or you or me. In a few short months the Republicans will have the power to pass a law that once the sperm hits the eggs its "life". And they'll have a supreme court who will agree.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

Is that a good thing?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

no, they won't...lol...
any law that they come up with has to have exceptions for the preservation of the health and life of the mother to pass the supreme court... and if you look at most of the laws that have been passed by state gov'ts, for some reason, they seem to bypass that...
that tells me that they don't really want to restrict abortion, they just want to have it look like they do so they can get the religious right vote.

edit on 14-12-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

But thats a good thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Swills

You don't believe that the sale of part isn't true? Just look into livers. Big business.

Selling the leftovers from abortions is completely legal, so long as a profit isn't made. As long as the sale price is either less than or equal to the costs of the procedure, or you give away the extra it's legal. It's also a good source of tissue for scientific experiments, which result in better treatments.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
seems like one minute people on here are pro abortion, next minute anti abortion... based on obama's moves...

wtf

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Responded to this.

Anything coming from the CMP is complete fiction and I do not and will never believe it. That, and it's completely illegal.

What sickened me was the way the Planned PH person talked about giving the DR basically an invoice so as not to damage certain parts of the baby when killing it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
What sickened me was the way the Planned PH person talked about giving the DR basically an invoice so as not to damage certain parts of the baby when killing it.

I thought I read awhile back, a bit after that video was making the rounds, that it was modified - like audio and video was clipped out and it effectively created a false dialog compared to the real conversation that took place.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SomethingLingual

you thought right...
the videos were altered. but the videos did their job, and congress is still investigating as far as I know... still haven't found where planned parenthood did anything wrong or illegal, but that won't stop them from investigating again and again.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Maybe it is about a lot more than that! Maybe it is about this.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley is referring Planned Parenthood to the FBI and the Justice Department for investigation and possible prosecution.

I remember all those planned parenthood video's that everyone on the left claimed were fake or taken out of context. Maybe they weren't so fake after all.

The announcement comes following an investigation into allegations the abortion chain and its partners in biomedical procurement have been harvesting the body parts of aborted babies and selling them for a profit.

If I remember correctly there were claims that this wasn't happening.

In his referral letter to the FBI and Justice Department, Grassley notes, “[T]he facts uncovered raise a reasonable suspicion that these organizations, and/or individuals employed by them, may have engaged in a conspiracy to violate the fetal tissue law.”

Maybe Obama is just trying to protect planned parenthood form what he knows is coming.

link

edit on 15-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: add link

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

The problem with your theory though is it's inclusion of all of Planned Parenthood in some criminal act. You're now including Obama as well as being part of this conspiracy as well but let's ignore that and just focus on Planned Parenthood for now.

Not all Planned Parenthood offices and locations even do Abortions. So it isn't even possible for all of Planned Parenthood to be a knowing participant in such a conspiracy. Locations that don't perform abortions obviously wouldn't be selling anything abortion related for any profit.

The same applies if it was certain members within the organization. Those people would be the ones acting illegally and therefore should be the only ones facing charges, not all of Planned Parenthood in all locations.

Just because some people within an organization act illegally doesn't mean everyone else in the organization or the organization itself is also responsible those illegal actions.

You're now going one step further and assuming other positions including the president is knowingly supporting and part of the conspiracy when NOTHING has been proven at all yet.

I'm certainly not trying to cover for Planned Parenthood or anyone involved in an illegal act. If that is proven it should be handled accordingly. But it's Zealous and tyrannical to include other innocent people by their association of working for the same organization in those criminal acts being done by someone else without their knowledge.

The right because of their hate of Abortion is applying a blanket judgement against all of Planned Parenthood even though many of the people involved wouldn't have anything to do with any illegal activities, which again still have to be shown to be true to begin with.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

It is not my theory. It is a news story.

I have heard all the left wing drivel on planned parenthood. I personally couldn't give a crap.

Planned parenthood is an organization as such they are responsible for policing themselves. If one part of the whole is corrupt, then the whole is corrupt.

You wouldn't eat the good side of a moldy piece of bread would you.

I couldn't give a crap if a woman wants an abortion or if she doesn't. That is their choice.

What bothers me is the allegations coming out against have been going on for years. The way they conduct themselves is criminal! That is why they are being investigated.

Also planned parenthood is federally funded. My tax dollars should not be going toward their criminal activity.

Did you even look at the link?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Yeh, I read it. Did you??

Because there is nothing in there about them being guilty of anything.

It does point out however that only about half of the locations even deal with abortion at all like I was saying.

You're also wrong by saying the entire organization is responsible for the criminal acts of a few. If an employee of a major corporation or organization does something illegal you can't blame everyone else involved with that organization if they had nothing to do with it. You would have to at the very least prove them being complicit in it.

You don't seem to be looking at this objectively at all. They've been investigated multiple times already also and so far nothing illegal has been shown. Only allegations. You appear to have an ideological agenda behind your motives here and keep including more and more innocent groups and people as a target. All with no proof of anything that you've shown as factual. You also seem to ignoring any opposing information as well and refuse anything outside your bubble.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Well apparently you can't read.

You seemed to miss this tidbit of information in my very first post.

The announcement comes following an investigation into allegations the abortion chain and its partners in biomedical procurement have been harvesting the body parts of aborted babies and selling them for a profit.

The investigation has already been done they are just handing it over to the DOJ and the FBI.

Don't try to draw me into your petty little argument or ideology.

I was merely posting a story that may be the reason that Obama was trying to protect planned parenthood.

I really don't care about your agenda.

Attack the message not the messenger.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Unbridled law making against women for the next four years. Girls, it is getting easier to just say NO, tell them to sleep in the cold.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Just because Daddy doesn't want to pay for it, doesn't mean you can't pay for it yourself.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

planned parenthood should organize a campaign encouraging women to write to the wives of the congressmen, people in the trump administration, trump's wife, and although it probably wouldn't have much impact, the wives of the supreme court justices encouraging just that, as well as the wives of the major corporate ceos and other high powered players in our country.

remember this bogus graph?

most of the gov't funds received from planned parenthood is for services rendered through title x and medicaid.
just like so many hospitals and clinics that have been merging with catholic organizations do.
so, my question is this...
if, it's a strike against planned parenthood that they don't do mammograms and a reason for them to not be eligable to participate in the title x and medicaid programs....
then shouldn't this be a damned good reason also???

The Rise of “Zombie Religious Hospitals”
Why are so many secular hospitals imposing religious restrictions on medical care?
By Stephanie Russell-Kraft
November 16, 2016

In 2009, Mindy Swank was 20 weeks into a difficult pregnancy when her water broke. Her doctors said the baby, already suffering from severe anomalies, would not survive, and they recommended she terminate the pregnancy immediately to avoid the risk of infection. Yet for nearly two months, Swank’s hospital in Silvis, Illinois, refused to perform the procedure. It wasn’t until Swank woke up one morning bleeding profusely that the hospital finally agreed to induce labor.

“I brought all the pads I had soaked through, and all the underwear,” Swank recalls. “I shoved it in a nurse’s face, and I said, ‘Is this enough blood for you?’ And I kid you not, they measured the blood. I had to be hemorrhaging before their rules would let them do this.”

Swank was shocked that the hospital, Genesis Medical Center, had stood in the way of a procedure her doctors had advised. “I thought when something like that happens, it’s a medical issue and the doctors are there to help you,” she says. But her doctors, it turned out, were not the ultimate authority at Genesis. “In agreement with Catholic doctrine,” the hospital informed Swank, “we must consider only grave and imminent threat to maternal health.”

newrepublic.com...

oh... planned parenthood won't give you a mammogram!! well one and six hospital beds in the country, in some states it's more like 40% of all hospital beds... are in these hospitals with ties to the catholic bishops that not only prevents them from doing abortions unless of course there is a "grave and imminent threat to maternal health." which to me means that at least in this case, they failed horribly to provide decent healthcare for this lady, choosing instead to wait till the condition got to the point where it was a grave and imminent threat.. but they also won't tie your tubes after you give birth via a c-section, or prescribe birth control pills.
oh... but then, don't go to the catholic connected hospital for these things!! well, sorry, but in some areas there might not be another hospital within a hundred mile area and it's not like they are announcing their unwillingness to provide decent care to women openly.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Companies provide abortions.
Those companies get millions of dollars of govt money each year.
And we're supposed to believe it's all separated and that money doesn't pay for abortions.

Also, what do you think they do with the millions of aborted fetuses each year?

Oh to live life being so naive!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I had two daughters that got their first birth control and paps exam from PP. But, I think we have lost this fight for four years. Unless republican women start feeling their loss of freedoms too, it is fruitless. I think American women should stop having sex and choose not to have babies. We can do that because they can't send us to prison for that, yet.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join