It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bars States From Denying Federal Money to Planned Parenthood

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Linky

Mindful of the clock ticking down to a Trump presidency, the Obama administration issued a final rule on Wednesday to bar states from withholding federal family-planning funds from Planned Parenthood affiliates and other health clinics that provide abortions. The measure takes effect two days before the Jan. 20 inauguration of Donald J. Trump.

Interesting move.

Does this set a precedent? Can Trump now walk in on the 20th and essentially reverse this? Deny Federal funding to any state that gives to planned parenthood? Or bar them from doing so, not sure if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Seems like the Dems have dug a very deep hole.
edit on 14-12-2016 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

Very short sighted, like alot of politicians. Dumb and what is the point at this point in his failed, dismal presidency?

Thank goodness, now the back alley abortions won't happen.

We also don't want the stock of by products from abortion to not make it to industry.

Do they sell the by product of abortion by the piece or pound?

edit on 14-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They can still undo it but it will take longer.

This isn't about funding abortions, which is already NOT happening.

This is about funding all planned parenthood clinics whether they perform abortions or not. Because the Anti-Abortion crowd are so wild in their efforts that they have been de-funding all planned parenthood clinics regardless of whether or not they even do abortions. Meaning all the other services which are available are then gone as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Considering our tax dollars DO NOT pay for abortions I don't know why certain Republican states continue to try and deny PP from receiving funds. Those monies go to healthcare and birth control. Many of these states continue to try and screw over American women from receiving much needed healthcare because they put their religious faith first, which is very Un-American. Funny enough, these same Republicans are not what I would consider to actually follow the teachings of Jesus. It's all just a political hack game for them. Funny how conservatives claim to be against gov't regulations but are all for regulating a woman's body.

All of that said, with a Trump/Pence reign I'm sure abortion laws will be greatly affected for the worse. Scary times ahead for America.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Do they sell aborted fetuses by the piece or the pound? Are you one of those people who actually believes the propaganda of those CMP videos?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Considering our tax dollars DO NOT pay for abortions I don't know why certain Republican states continue to try and deny PP from receiving funds. Those monies go to healthcare and birth control. Many of these states continue to try and screw over American women from receiving much needed healthcare because they put their religious faith first, which is very Un-American. Funny enough, these same Republicans are not what I would consider to actually follow the teachings of Jesus. It's all just a political hack game for them. Funny how conservatives claim to be against gov't regulations but are all for regulating a woman's body.

All of that said, with a Trump/Pence reign I'm sure abortion laws will be greatly affected for the worse. Scary times ahead for America.

I don't want my tax money paying for someone else's birth control or care. This attempt at socialized health care is expensive enough for my family.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

I don't want my tax money paying for someone else's birth control or care. This attempt at socialized health care is expensive enough for my family.

Yeah!!! This is America where Caring for other Americans is BS!!!! F*ck America and Americans!!! Every American for Themselves!!!

Because the strength of our nation relies on all of us not giving a sh*t about all of us!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Trump will reverse it. Along with many other scotch tape Obama decrees. I would not even call them decrees, more like those rubber sticky spiders that roll down the wall for 4 seconds then hit the floor.

Trump has control of both houses. He is about to put super glue on his actions.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I try not to take sides in the abortion debate. My point though is that through Obama making "laws" (lack of a better word) like this they are opening themselves up to Trump coming in and doing the same.

They have set him and the republicans up to walk in with the power to drone strike civilians while overseas, make decisions on how states can distribute their federal funds.

Obama always made the joke that he had a cell phone and a pen and could get things done without congress.

Now Trump has the cell phone and the pen. And congress...
edit on 14-12-2016 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan

I try not to take sides in the abortion debate. My point though is that through Obama making "laws" (lack of a better word) like this they are opening themselves up to Trump coming in and doing the same.

They have set him and the republicans up to walk in with the power to drone strike civilians while overseas, make decisions on how states can distribute their federal funds.

Obama always made the joke that he had a cell phone and a pen and could get things done without congress.

Now Trump has the cell phone and the pen. And congress...

And both HOUSES so yes, whatever Trump decides is going to be hard to remove. Even with Goo Gone. Not coming off.
edit on 14-12-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Well too bad. Do you also want your money paying for corporate welfare and wars, deaths of innocent foreign civilians? Where does the outrage begin and end?

Healthcare should be provided to all Americans because guess what, when Americans can't afford a doctor but have to see one guess who flips the bill? Tax payers, which usually most definitely includes the poor Americans who can't afford healthcare and are working multiple jobs to make ends meet.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

This is all a reaction to GOP governors doing everything they can to defund PP because reasons. Had they not done this Obama wouldn't have to do this.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Wow, lots of lovely sediments.

I think, for me, it boils down to killing a baby, or not.

For the women, as Obama put it so eloquently, would be burdened with a baby.

For me it is a terrible choice for someone to make. Sad and is an ugly process.

edit on 14-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

although, it just might be more expensive to you for the women to have the baby and then have it covered under medicaid or chips for 18 or so years than to just provide her help with the birth control, but carry on...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You don't believe that the sale of part isn't true? Just look into livers. Big business.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I hear what your saying, and I'm not an opponent of abortion rights per say. But they not only gave Obama the power to do this, they also gave it to Trump. On day 1 he can walk in and not only undo this, he can completely do a 180 with this. The republicans have been handed ALL the power, I'd say (IMHO) more power than any administration has ever had.

Think of every executive order Obama has signed. Now think of the country if Trump not only trashes them, but rewrites them to the republicans liking.

I'm an independent for the most part. I've chuckled as Dem and Reps have complained about "washington gridlock". I've enjoyed the gridlock since it prevents either of the (IMHO) insane parties from taking over. Now the reps have all the power and very few ways to stop them. I don't like either party to have that much power.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Well, it's never as black and white as you want it to be and when the fetus is aborted it's not yet a baby but of course religious conservatives believes it's a baby at conception because screw science.

At the end of the day, abortions aren't a 20th century phenomenon. Women have been having abortions throughout our recorded history and it's never going to stop. If it's outlawed the only thing that happens is we go back to the days where only wealthy woman, or wealthy men's mistresses, can afford abortions while the rest of America has to take their chances with back ally abortions.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I fully expect Pence to do everything he can with a gov't ruled by fellow Republicans to regulate a woman's body while giving corporations less and less regulations.

Sad times ahead.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Anything coming from the CMP is complete fiction and I do not and will never believe it. That, and it's completely illegal.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You can tell yourself that only rel conservs are the only ones who believe that.

And science can say it is a clump of cells, but we all know that things need to cook before they are done. The thing cooking doesn't magically turn into something else, it just takes time. The clump of cells excuse is something we tell ourselves to feel better.

religious conservatives believes it's a baby at conception because screw science.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join