It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Donald Trump Brought ATS Users Together?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: daaskapital
ATS is a cesspool. It's never been a site of agreeing users, and that's a good thing. However this recent election seems to have driven away many people, to the point that Trump supporters remain in a larger quantity. What you see is not unity, it is dominance. The amount of Trump supporters eclipses Democrats, and the amount of Democrats dwarfs those who espouse support for neither party, like myself. There is not, and there will never be, unity among ATS members. I hope it remains that way.

A cesspool? That would be GLP or BIN or Stormfront.

Possibly a hot tub a couple days overdue for cleaning?

You're right, they're worse. But it's no use pretending that ATS has remained a shining beacon throughout these years. It has also taken a beating and the quality of content and members isn't as great as it used to be.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Nice music DD. I like the blend of meditative eastern soul and the celtic beat of the first piece. Do you know Sheila Chandra? She put out an album years ago called Weaving My Ancestors, her being a mix of Irish and Indian.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I think maybe together by being thrown into a deep, dark hole where only the strongest can climb back out....but are fighting and kicking each other back in at the opening.*

*metaphors abound

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No. It is a simple answer.

Many who disagree (and we were already a minority) are simply not responding to what is being posted by pro-Trump folks anymore.

What's the point, really? Any hard, real, journalism used as a source is simply dismissed as "fake news" while right wing blogs, personalities and news sites are held up instead, in spite of dubious claims or extreme bias. There is no point in debating then, is there? What you are seeing then, is not agreement, but a sense of defeatism. That and the constant vitriol and rancor here from the "victors," and the mockery of the palpable grief of those on the left who see nothing but very bad things happening in a fire-hose stream directed by the new administration, have left the "Left" feeling less and less at home here on good ol' ATS.

To many on the left (I can't speak for those here on the boards, of course), America has just pretty much died and is sinking into the moors of conflict-of-interest corruption, crony capitalism, authoritarianism and the ooze of flag-waving denial.

It is also an effort to "wait and see" because, honestly, unless people have their propaganda hats firmly on their heads, the next four years will be anything but "great" except for the very rich. (Especially Trump, Putin and Exxon!) Perhaps, just perhaps, there may be less overt cheering down the line, perhaps some head-scratching when people figure out they've been duped, and even some anger at the new admin.

Or maybe I'm just living in one of my actual nightmares. Hard to tell...

peace,
AB

edit on 14-12-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Trump had nothing to do with it. Whether together or divided, the ATS members are the only ones to blame.

People have different views. Nasty stuff if we were all forced to have the same views.
In my humble opinion , that is the reason behind ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Nope, I disagree, sorry OP.

My perception is that ATS has increasingly become a right-wing echo-chamber, where a cadre of Trump supporters are terrible rude and aggressive and shout down anybody who doesn't worship the glorious Trump or dares to criticise him.

And I think it's driving people who dislike Trump into silence or just away from the website. Turning it into even more of an echo chamber.

Which I think is terribly sad.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, ya gotta admit 2 things, folks...
It's fun to light the fuse here on ATS and see how far the rockets fly...
And Lobo is still the Main Man.

Well let me sum up what I sense here...

(1) the internet has become boring - the worst thing it could ever be.
(2) there's a lot of butthurt among "well-meaning" liberals right now.
(3) posting on ATS is like sticking your hand into a bucket of nightcrawlers in hopes of catching a fish... a short road to nowhere, as it were.

Oh, and the person who liked the music...feel free to post Sheila Chandra here for us to enjoy.
Here's some more Kula Shaker... (all hail Crispian Mills. Rock God!)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wow. Go You.

Really? That is your summary? All you can see is "liberal butt hurt?" (Horrible phrase in general)

Once agin wasting valuable time on someone who has the goal of insulting me.

Awesome. (Grim and heavy sarcasm should be applied to this word.)

Thanks for proving my point.

edit on 16-12-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2016 by AboveBoard because: ???

edit on 16-12-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yup.

Welcome to the new GLP... where hate, vitriol, division, ad homs, verbal vomit, and infantile hair pulling in the sandbox is the goal of the day.

For the rest of us who have zero interest in jumping on the crazy train:

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join