It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes Bill Allowing Government to Microchip Citizens with “Mental Disabilities”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I've worked in alzheimers care, in a previous "life" before taking on my current career path. I did mental health work for a total of 7 years. 2 of them working with Alzheimers (i just have always loved the elderly for whatever reason, and enjoyed working with them)

I like the idea of alzheimers and autistic people having increased freedom provided by our technology. To allow an early stage alzheimers patient an extra 8 months at home before inpatient care is needed seems, especially in the case of alzheimers, to be what is humane.

That said....the police administering it?!? Hell no. It'll end up costing taxpayers millions in lawsuits because it WILL be misused.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightTerrors
Just wait until the US authorities can take control over your self-driving car.

You are not paying attention.

This whole self driving car thing is a lie, its much to complicated technology to overcome.

The truth is that they are implanting people to control them in order to drive the cars for the up coming government guber program. This whole thing is about slave taxi drivers.

edit on 461231America/ChicagoThu, 15 Dec 2016 08:46:42 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: GreyScale

Oh good God no!!! It is the first step in micro chipping everyone.

I make a joke at my primary physician's office. They used to take my temperature with a thermometer. Then for a bit they used the film strip over my froehead. Then came a device they stuck in my ear. Now it looks like that, but they simply touch it to the side of my forehead or my neck. I say "Microchipping me are you?" and the nurse laughs. Oddly, not very convincingly.

Good catch on posting this bill!

Probably because she is fake laughing at a bad joke.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

That is called "customer service"

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That's exactly what will happen. Its the progressive way. Start small with a controlled environment to show how great it will work out then push the agenda to the entire populace.
Similar to universal kindergarten, universal pre-k and in the not so distant future, mandatory school for 3 yr olds.
Same thing, chip a small demographic to implement the goal of total tracking.
Cell phones are not enough, I know a few people who often leave it behind or don't carry it next to their heart throughout the day.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

When has anyone lost track of Trump? Besides that one time the MSM wasnt invited to a dinner I mean.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'll play devil's advocate because it's the more difficult position in the debate to handle, especially with the ATS crowd:

Being diagnosed with a mental illness isn't as automatic as we may first assume, and most psychologists and psychiatrists are normal people who when pressed, will usually make the moral decisions in a fairly honest manner.

I base this upon my own experience last year when I got locked up in a mental facility for my writings and was examined by two panals of 'experts' in mental health, and believe me they tried to see if anything would stick.

But I came out with NO diagnosis of any illness/disorder. They even said some very positive comments about me, that I was the 'model patient', I was 'kind and had a big Heart', that I was 'helpful to the other patients', etc. They decided I was 'brilliant but misunderstood', and that's because I took the time to explain myself and my reasoning to them.

I didn't freak out or get angry, I exercised extreme patience and remained in control of myself. I questioned them and their practices, I spent most of my time reading almanacs, dictionaries, and other science or history information.

They did not give me any mental health medications, they never restrained me or mistreated me, and overall they were very nice. I was worried the whole time about it because they could easily have abused me and got away with it as they had all the leverage and power they needed to claim bs and cover up anything. I was unsure of their motives and morality.

In the end I came out on top, and YES, I met some really crazy people in there that need serious help but may not be reachable. I tried to help anyone I could with sound advice and moral-emotional support - but some of these people mumble nonsense and don't have a clue what they are saying or will simply refuse any advice because of whatever insanity they are spouting.

I saw some of these people flip out, get tackled and dog piled upon, and then injected with sedatives. I saw people being given cups full of a dozen pills - and I always went to the med counter and made jokes like "What do you got for me today, oh yeah - Nothing! hahah". I remained on very positive friendly terms with everyone there, and outwitted them any time they'd conduct 'tests' on me by 'trying to upset me to see my reactions'.

I refused to sign any paperwork because I knew that was a legal trick to gain my consent to some stuff I don't even want to know what it entails or could have done to destroy my physical body and mental state. I wrote long articles to them about how I do not believe in modern pharmaceuticals (unless it's a life saving necessity) and that I prefer a good healthy diet, natural remedies, exercise, communication, and Spiritual exploration and of course focusing on expanding my education. I wrote at least 100 pages of material defending myself and NEVER signed anything.

For example they'd keep offering me this "patient's bill of rights" document and ask me to sign it, and I said "not at this time, thank you, I'll think about it", and I'd then explain I understand this document is a waiver of my Constitutionally protected human rights by law because I don't need to sign anything as I already possess ALL of my RIGHTS. Signing anything must be a waiver and if you review the 50 or so 'patient's rights' you'll quickly realize these are RESTRICTIONS with LIMITS upon a much broader normal scope of rights that we already enjoy via the Social Contract already in existence.

I had no one on the outside vouching for me, no family or friends checking on me to any viable extent, nothing. It was me vs the system and I came out unscathed, and in fact it increased my esteem and self-confidence to know I could manage surviving this scary system without them nailing anything on me. I was terrified because I know these chemicals will destroy my brain and my body (just ask them to print out the side-effects lists and create discussions about that).

Anyways, in my Odyssey over the last two years I've met tons of crazy people of all types. Some of them utterly insane and babbling nonsense that no one could understand at all, some of them just doing really weird quirky things, some of them just total idiots that are convinced they know it all, some of them depressed and self-destructive, some of them just simply gave up on their dreams and needed inspiration, some of them were elderly and were suffering from degenerative diseases that impaired their abilities drastically, and some of them were totally normal folks who saw benefits ($$$) to play the system for a check.

So I don't see any problem with microchipping a lot of them - especially if we do it lawfully and require a signature (without any form of lies, coercion, pressuring, etc). If they sign it freely, thinking it's best for them, what's the problem?

Now microchipping them based entirely off a court-order against their consent or purely with a doctor's request might be just begging for huge lawsuits as it is a violation of human rights. Justifying that is the real challenge.

But you gotta remember, there are people committed to these mental institutions for very long periods, even a life sentence, without proper validity or sound legal reasoning. We are already violating the hell out of a lot of people that might have been ok but are definitely now ruined physically, mentally, emotionally, and Spiritually. That's the real problem everyone is ignoring - our mass mental prison population that skirts the rule of law and uses highly questionable justifications to keep these people locked up and off the radar.

If you gave me a choice between being locked in one of those places forever or being chipped, I'd take the chip in a heartbeat. I might surgically remove it later on but it depends, maybe I'd not worry about it much. Circumstances would dictate all that.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes dear. We have many unstable, ill people in our society. That does not mean we can go around violating their rights.

In that case, as for this system, the court establishes when it can happen. It's not like they're talking going to the walmart and putting a band on Granddad. Have you read the article at all?

It's the same thing when you put them in the home, or conserve them and take away their ability to drive, manage their finances and make medical decisions. There's a great big thing called the law, and it provides for this. What they're talking about in the bill is deciding how to codify it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I also should point out that most people would not have survived the mental institute without a diagnosis of some sort. It's too easy to diagnose things like obsessive compulsive or adhd or manic depressive as the criteria are very broad and vague.

Many people are too closed minded, under-educated, and lack rational planning or organizational skills to survive a rigorous on-the-spot forced evaluation. They would freak out, panic, get aggressive and angry, cuss and gripe, and become negative and act on knee-jerk impulses without calculating the long term situation properly.

I'd guess 95% of the population would be diagnosed and medicated. Maybe more.

People would "open up" and talk about their problems, which opens the door for diagnosis. Here's how I mitigated that danger, instead of complaining about my problems, I would cite my problems and then suggest my plans on how to handle them head-on in productive and positive ways, learning from them and growing as a human being. I'd be hopeful, assertive, confident, witty and wise, and exercise good humor strategically. I'd make good conversations and end up teaching them a few tricks.

Taking control of a situation you have little control in is an exceptionally difficult endeavor, so many complex factors are involved and must be anticipated and managed. I even told the psychologists and psychiatrists and social workers I seriously doubt they could survive the evaluation because they were unprepared and arrogant, though they did have an informational advantage over most average people.

It takes an entire lifetime to gain the skills necessary to make it through a month in one of those places without a scratch. One of the most challenging situations I've ever been in honestly...

1) Master thy Self
2) Master all Knowledge
3) Master thine Environment

Always be open to being wrong, critically evaluate yourself in order to recognize when you need to self-correct, develop virtues and skills to improve the odds of your growth, always be willing to learn new things and ask questions about everything, try to enjoy study and scholarship, focus on remaining positive and think critically.

It's a constant battle, it's hard, I just don't see how most people could handle such a delicate operation with any degree of success. Maybe a few could, but almost all of you would succumb quickly. I don't mean to be condescending about it but I am being honest and frank, and I'm willing to help anyone who can admit they'd like to know more and I'd be honored to offer any ideas I could.

I just know the only way anyone could 'chip me' is in total malice and with lies. But I'm afraid a vast majority of the population could legitimately be chipped simply because they would fall into justifications and it would be their own damn faults. Hey, it's your body, you make your own choices. I make my choices and I'm willing to share information but that's the best I can do with what I've got at my disposal. I'm not satisfied to protect people who refuse to protect themselves anymore, if you want the chip act in a way that begs for it, it's your life - not mine. I know what I'm going to do.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I formally challenge anyone to read my comments and debate against the position of chipping, just for the mental exercise of it alone, as an experiment.

Granted I could go on and on and list all sorts of ideas, reasoning, and suggestions or facts of harsh reality but my two comments above should be good for now as a preliminary setting for a real debate.

Why should we not chip anyone? I can think of reasons already, several of them, but I'm devil's advocate here and I'd like to see if anyone recognizes the best initial counter-arguments on their own.

I do plan on writing threads touching on many of these social-political issues in the future but for now, this thread should be a good place to debate the specific issue of chipping the populace. Tell me why it's not a good idea, argue with reason and rational sense, provide logic and philosophical principles, show me I'm wrong about my sentiments.
edit on 12/15/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

I can tell you right now, I have a chip and have x-ray of it. I don't need anymore intrusions. Now think of how spirits, and nature feel about us.

You do?
yes, I've posted it in another thread. It's on my shoulder blade, it caused me severe pain for a month. I am also disabled because the voices never stop the b.s.. remember, Hitler blamed the Reichstag on a "mentally ill" boy.

mind if i ask what the nature of the voices are..what do they say and how abusive is it..
were you an activist before you were chipped?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You had been placed in a mental instituion for almost a month and you succeeded in convincing staff and doctors that you were perfectly healthy..

That is totally rare, and i commend you.. wow that is not an easy feat at all..

perseverance, faith, self assuredness.. good job;

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
*pulls out his bedazzler* Alright! let's get to um..."chipping" people.

Hey, we can find my cat to within like 10 feet if she gets out and wanders off.

... I could think of a few people I'd like to find within 10 feet in a dark alley...

Because there is -no- way this technology could be used for evil...as we see them go down the slippery slope...expanding it to criminals...after all, if they have committed a violent crime then they are likely to commit one again, best to keep track of them...and then military people, because, they don't have a choice...and then police and fire and other emergency services for their own protection.

And then other people, because well most everyone is at this point...oh, except for high level government, because it might be used to target them if the system is somehow EVER hacked.

Not that the system could ever be hacked, after our, our government is here to help us and will guarantee our safety and privacy...

*coughs*

Tracking technology could certainly be useful for a various people, but I think implanting anything like that in our bodies is asking for trouble.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I can tell you right now, I have a chip and have x-ray of it. I don't need anymore intrusions. Now think of how spirits, and nature feel about us.

You do?
yes, I've posted it in another thread. It's on my shoulder blade, it caused me severe pain for a month. I am also disabled because the voices never stop the b.s.. remember, Hitler blamed the Reichstag on a "mentally ill" boy.

go have it removed then....geez...or go get a rare-earth magnet, and put it right over the spot where it is...it'll screw up any info coming out of it. but...be careful you don't use it around any electronics that you want to use.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've had some wait staff that I'd like to put a chip in, just so I can ask for drink refills or something.

Few things on this planet disappear faster than a 20 year old girl waiting tables during facebook drama.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Always preferred chips with my fish, rather than this ominously fishy chip.

I suppose for people suffering form Alzheimer's disease or dementia this type of technology could be a potential lifesaver but the nefariously Orwellian implications far outweigh any potential benefits the type of technology could have on our already overly intrusive big brother society.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

Any thoughts, fellow ATSers?

Makes me very angry. It would take nothing to get someone who needs it to wear a tracking bracelet. This kind of thing doesn't require a BILL or to be legislated! WTF!

I think that the whole government and all the legislation that's passed and all the executive orders that have been leveraged into place should all be audited very carefully with an eye on any encroachment on Civil Liberties, Rights and Freedoms, whereby every elected official who's voted for them to pass is made public.

Enough is enough!

edit on 15-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We have that tracking tech. Had it for a long time. Back in my restaurant days we called it a boot to the ass.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The thing is, like some members of Congress stated, this opens the door to micro-chipping everyone. Heck, there are a lot of people who want to label as "mentally unstable" anyone who voted for Trump... According to certain types of people, if you do not support their candidate, and you "dare" vote for Trump you must be "mentally ill"

A bill like this one opens the door for "controlling the opposition" which a lot of progressives in power would love to do.
edit on 16-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Bad move!! Anyone, literally, could be said to have a "mental disability", as you stated, depending on who was in power. Plus, this is just a step from chipping children, and children grow into adults. Eventually, all are chipped.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join