It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential for Civil War in the USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
So,if on Monday enough electors flip and give Hillary the presidency,nothing happens?

People may riot and burn stuff. Arrests will be made. People will file lawsuits. The media will have a field day fanning the flames.

And after all this is done, you know what won't happen? A civil war.

Most people will be like, "Oh look, Hillary is President now. I guess I'll go watch Netflix."

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Fools

So their tired of it, so what???

How much sympathy are people with "Wealth Empires" going to get from others because they're losing some of that empire??? My guess is not much. Because the rest of us have real problems much more serious than losing a house in the Hampton's or having to sell our fleet of cars. So what are they going to do exactly??? Are all 100 of these wealthy empire elites going start a war with 300 million other people because they're mad???

I mean what you're talking about is basically some Government Elite stealing from some other Elite. Well, what does that have to do with the majority of people in this nation?? Nothing. It's just a couple small groups of old wealthy f*cks arguing with each other. The other 99% of people don't even exist to them in the first place. At best some of them are pawns in a game they don't understand.

Who or what are the sides that you think are going to do battle and why??

Money talks, BS walks - as the saying goes. It doesn't matter if 90% of the millenials are in mom and pops basement. Mom and pop aren't in their own basement.
There are many many grown men that would absolutely love to join some outfit and throw over the current "cool crowd". This time it is peaceful with Trump. He met the "trust but verify" that was pushed up as a meme among the disenchanted. If this somehow gets overturned, you better believe that things will get messy and dangerous with a quickness. There is alot more going on in this world than people complaining on the internet. There is actual rage and fury. Not paid rage and fury, the agitator kind, but real rage.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So people are mad. What else is new. People are always mad at someone or some group.

But you still haven't said what the sides are and how they'll form and why. Who exactly will be fighting who??? What is the goal??? What objective is either side trying reach???

WTF is this "Cool Crowd" you're talking about anyway???

So let's say it gets overturned and Trump is sh*t canned and Hillary gets in. (Which BTW sounds horrible to me too. I don't like Hillary and never have.) But lets say that happens. Who is going make things messy and who are they going to be targeting and why???

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I cannot tell you who. That would be a problem in itself. You can dig around though and find some things for yourself.

And as initially stated, it would not be a good thing for anyone.

The "cool people" are people that are tied either in favor or nepotism to the Federal system in the USA. Once you get the in, you are going to be showered with money and power. Your fortunes will change dramatically. And really for no other reason than you KNOW someone.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well, I'm not asking for names or something like that. I mean what are the two sides generally speaking??? Like Rich vs. Poor, Left Wing Radical Elite vs. Tea Party Hard liners, etc. Something like that. Or even Poor vs. Rich.

I mean we're talking about Civil war so it's going to have to involve some large groupings of Americans after all. Otherwise it's not a civil war. It's just a couple of gang fights.

Tied to the Federal System how. Like working for the Gov. or being assisted by it???

The last part I don't understand at all. What do you mean once you're "in". In what??? The Establishment??? If so which Establishment??? The Old one or the one attempting to gain control?? And what does two Establishment Power Centers have to do the an actual Civil War??? They can fight over control back and forth on their own without the rest of the nation even being involved or knowing about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Most here don't have ANY idea of a vets's offensive capabilities they went NUTS of that shooter in Texas who got booted out,NOT real door kickers or bush hogs.
Consequently they ACTUALLY believe the Gov,t can take us with it's existing conventional forces...
DON'T laugh ..watch

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't think anyone doubts the capabilities of vets and retired members of our military. But why would they be engaging the active US Military in the first place???

Are you suggesting that such a scenario is likely to happen?? If so, why??

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

In a civil war it IS the standard model.
Vets VS govt.
It will happen if Trumps a fake,like Hillary and the Federal Govt won't change it's current directions.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Most here don't have ANY idea of a vets's offensive capabilities

These vets have bombers? Bunker buster tactical nukes? An endless supply of arms and ammo of any required type?

Not that it's going to happen.

Unless you're the first person in this thread who can actually define a clear military objective for this imaginary war.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

How many ways does Trump have to show himself as being fake until you consider him fake??

Because so far he's actually reversed on a few of his key positions already.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The "one percent" that the left was protesting back a few years ago is the bad side. The grassroots left was ineffective at that because they accepted funding from the same people they claimed to protest - and in heavy amounts. There were people in power positions that benefited from that whole deal people in the head of corporations, people in political positions, none of them included anyone that held similar belief systems to the people that decided to go along with Trump being elected.

It is complicated, but ponder for a moment that there are many people out their that are smart enough to realize how any planning or structuring of anything on the public domain is an exercise in futility.

The only thing you will hear from these groups are slight warnings. Clean up your act because we have your number kind of things.

Anyway, I doubt team Clinton will find a way to usurp the election. They are probably trying to figure out plan C by this point - so personally I am not worried about that.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Interesting.

Another problem though, let's say she does figure out a way to usurp the election and push Trump out. It's not as if that is putting "the People", the 90 or 99% of us, in a positive position for our futures either.

That is what I just can't seem to find any kind of solution for. More and more it's looking like Trump is creating a crew and cabinet of people who are going to basically plunder in the name of Business, Corporate Power, etc. Which is actually no different than what the NeoLiberal elite have also been doing but the names will change as will the method. But in either case it's not going to be good for the rest of us. It could even start a chain reaction to even more trouble for everyone globally too.

So it seems to me that regardless of which paths we find ourselves on in the near future, they're both leading to a big sh*t sandwich for the majority of people. This is also why I don't see a civil war however because that same majority, when thinking reasonably and logically, realize that the rest of the majority aren't their enemy. We're all stuck in this together against a very small, but very powerful minority.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

War in the middle east continues as currently fought and the economic changes don't do squat in two years at all.
Of course if the Electoral college is reversed I can 't say any more because I wouldn't want to harm any efforts,that were shortly to begin.
edit on 15-12-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry cav but I'm having trouble following you. I understand the individual statements you're making but I'm not sure if I know how they all piece together in an overall message. Does that make sense???

Maybe it's because you and fool and me are talking about both Civil War but also the Election but also from different view points. Plus there is also some info which is not being said or only alluded to making it more difficult for me to get the big picture here.

I'm finding it interesting though, even if I"m a little lost.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

If the elections are reversed it could cause this.
I would know people, so I would shut up.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well, I'm not asking for names or something like that. I mean what are the two sides generally speaking???

It all boils down to the Council on Foreign Relations vs the American Enterprise Institute.

Their objectives have become split since the Iraq war failure. CFR wants to cut their losses in Iraq, make concessions with Iran and China, and destroy Russia. AEI wants to double down on Iraq, air campaign against Iran, and temporarily side with Russia against China.

It's basically, Hillary was war with Russia, Trump is war with Iran. If the ideological rift is great enough, civil war would be used for the CFR to usurp the AEI.

Just my opinion.
edit on 15-12-2016 by GodEmperor because: quote

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Ok. That was quite clear and no need to elaborate.

However, would you consider that a civil war or an insurrection or perhaps rebellion or revolution or whatever term that technically fits.

Because a civil war, to me at least would have to involve a large part of the populace itself divided and fighting each other. Which I realize we're divided a lot now, but even as much as "the People" may be divided against each other politically, I think over all the majority populace still trust and like each other more than any of the groups in power from either side.

The elite and powerful string pullers can fight each other for king of the mountain all they want for all I care and I would imagine the rest of the 99% of people like myself are tired of them pulling people into their BS too. I mean best case is we all ignore their BS, let them fight each other until they kill themselves off and then we can rebuild some kind of decent new world without their influence for once. But maybe that's a bit optimistic. I'm actually smirking about the idea myself as I'm writing it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Wow. That's the most straight forward answer I've seen so far on just about any topic in a while.

Not sure how accurate it is but you deserve 100 stars just for being that clear about it.

That's an interesting perspective and one that is worth debate and discussion!!

Thanx,

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It's a recent revelation, and I think the whole 'fake news' and election recount stuff has a lot to do with it.

This is an anecdotal comparison, but this is the contrast between the empire's two factions:

Tillerson’s the right choice

www.aei.org...

Rex Tillerson Could Be a Good Secretary of State— But Not in a Trump Administration

www.cfr.org...

I'm not sure how deep a rift is between the two factions, this is really unprecedented; it's probably just all for show to ramp us up for world war. I think Civil War is way down on the list of options, how would it benefit either faction?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Civil War? Not likely, not in the next few years. But I do see an overall break-up/secession? Within the next few decades, I see the U.S. as Balkanizing Regionally. The next 4 years will only determine the pacing and later circumstances.

Might not actually be a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join