It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Rules CNN Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Can Proceed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A lawsuit filed against CNN for racial discrimination apparently was shot down in court, but now an appellate court has said it's a go.

An employee says he was discriminated against.

Court Rules CNN Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Can Proceed

Former CNN producer Stanley Wilson’s racial discrimination lawsuit against CNN may proceed after a California appellate court reversed a lower court’s ruling on Tuesday.
The 51-year-old Wilson, who is black, originally filed suit against CNN in 2014, alleging that the company discriminated against him on the basis of race over his 17-year-career at the network. As Deadline reported at the time, the longtime producer was promoted just once, in 2003, despite applying for a dozen job openings.

Wilson was fired in January 2014 after the network accused him of plagiarism; according to the $5 million lawsuit, the real reason for his termination was discrimination, and Wilson further claimed he was unable to find a job at another network after CNN allegedly published false and defamatory statements about him.

related topic:
Proposed Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Discrimination Against Black Employees at CNN, TBS

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If a white person apply to 12 jobs and it's not selected he is mediocre, if it's a black person that possibility is inconceivable as its clearly systematic racism...

I think I am a racist

edit on 14-12-2016 by Indigent because: Also a sexist as I assumed the gender of my fake person

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
CNN are obviously racists as some of the leaked emails show in how they referred to minorities. And CNN uses minorities in their social propaganda campaigns which never ever benefit any minorities and only further oppress them and our communities.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Fired for Plagiarism but is suing for Racial discrimination? Shouldn't you be up in arms about this? This is like a right-wing nightmare but I guess because it is CNN you guys have to be against them?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hey not siding with the guy and all, but CNN along with other Liberals are pretty racist toward minorities too.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If a white person apply to 12 jobs and it's not selected he is mediocre, if it's a black person that possibility is inconceivable as its clearly systematic racism...

After all the minorities are selected, and placed ... for fear of *racism*

Then maybe. for fairness, majorities can be selected for the same reasons?

Full circle!!?

top topics

join