It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So...getting more of the public to watch the briefings is a bad thing? And yes, I said disseminate in a manner that isn't boring. Again....this is bad how?

YES! Sacrificing intellectual integrity for ratings is a VERY bad thing. It's why the news is in the sorry state its in. I KNOW you are one of the many people who go on about how the MSM is always lying. Well now you are inviting these same shenanigans into the White House. How do you not see a problem with that?

As far as what I said about a time change for it to occur....I also said the major outlets at prime time...you know...the ones the mindless public watch for entertainment. Of course nobody watches CSPAN....

Are you honestly saying making these pressers more public by changing them somehow is a bad thing? That's sad....seems almost like you want to keep the public in the dark by continuing with a platform that doesn't work and isn't garnering any interest and hasn't even been talked about until now.

Now you are reaching. There are many people who care about these briefings. I don't watch them but I've been known to at least follow up on them if important information is given out.

Hell....I just searched ATS for "press brief" and "press briefing" and only came up with 180 hits on the entire website dating back to whenever it was archived from, including all of the ones on this thread and those that weren't done by the White House.

Duh. Because there was nothing broken about them. Ever hear the phrase, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it"?

So tell me again how whatever made up scenario from the OP even matters? Or how that scenario is even being discussed since it IS made up in its entirety?

... Again speculation and hoax aren't the same thing. Speculating on what MAY happen due to ongoing actions isn't a hoax and is a very legitamite conversation. I know you are trying to silence and censor it but too bad. You'll just have to accept it is here.

Continually arguing a negative viewpoint will only jade the negatively inclined more....as is the case here.

Change is change....changing something that isn't working is a good thing....especially if it starts working, but we will never know unless we try it.

It's funny how you just get done pointing out how there hasn't been many posts on ATS about these briefings, which implies they are working just fine, but then there are rumblings of changing them and suddenly you are singing a tune about how they are broken and need fixing. Why are you being a hypocrite in the very same post you are writing? If the briefings were a problem before, why didn't you bring them up needing changes before?

Anywho...wasted enough of my day trying to put a positive light on a possible change in a thread that obviously wants to focus on negative made up scenarios.

Good day to you too. I hope you are right and these fears are for naught, but none of your words have put my fears at rest and Trump's actions certainly play into them MUCH more than your incessant optimism.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: salival05

I think you've gone off the rails a bit. The leap from looking at how they perform daily press briefings to we are now in a war to conquer other nations for their oil is a mighty large one.

Off the rails? Sure...but not me...

"I’ve always said -- shouldn’t be there, but if we’re going to get out, take the oil," Trump told moderator Matt Lauer at NBC’s Commander-in-Chief Forum on Sept. 7, 2016.

"I told you very early on, if we're going to leave, take the oil, because, right now, you know who has the oil." CNN’s State of the Union, Oct. 25, 2015

"I have long said that we should have kept the oil in Iraq." Foreign policy speech in Youngstown, Ohio, Aug. 15, 2016

www.politifact.com...

“You heard me, I would take the oil,” he said. “I would not leave Iraq and let Iran take the oil.” And he insisted to ABC News that this did not amount to national theft.

“You’re not stealing anything,” Trump said. “We’re reimbursing ourselves … at a minimum, and I say more. We’re taking back $1.5tn to reimburse ourselves.”
www.theguardian.com...

<< 4  5  6   >>

join