It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21648750]loam

Really, dude?

You (and others like you) are making the same mistake I'm accusing the MSM of in covering Trump. By engaging in all manner of hyperbole and contortionist fanatsy in an effort to discredit him, you have ceded all credibility in any legitimate future claim you might make against him.

Holy #!!

NO...Asking a President if he is a terrorist, Manchurian candidate born in Kenya is "hyperbole and contortionist fantasy in an effort to discredit him"

Asking a President Elect if his literally unprecedented action of singling out Publicly Traded Companies on Twitter financially benefited himself, family or members of his incoming administration is a RATIONAL question for the press to ask.

WTF???? I can't believe the # I am hearing on ATS from the right wing.

AGAIN...FAIR QUESTION

Trump, as the incoming President of the United States has "Tweeted" attacks on both Boeing and Lockheed. Something "unprecedented"...singling out and attacking publicly traded companies.

THIS was Boeings stock reaction to his tweet...DROP and RECOVER

THIS was Lockheeds stock reaction...DROP and RECOVER...and some large players sold stock BEFORE the shock tweet that cratered the stock

QUESTION: Did Trump or his Children own positions in any of the hedge funds that benefited from those tweets?
QUESTION: Did Trump discuss in advance his plan to publicly attack these companies on Twitter with members of his transition team or other incoming members of his cabinet?
QUESTION: Did anyone on his staff, potential nominees or his children trade and benefit from the stock price swings that resulted from the President elect's tweets?

edit on 15-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That's what happens when you break things. They stop working.

Maybe if you and others spent half as much energy holding the media and the current administration accountable for their obvious BS, the Trump issues would have more sway.

Trump's election is no doubt a Hail Mary Pass. Stop acting like he's the bull in the China Shop. The place was smashed long before his arrival.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Memorized ha thats rich!
Google is your friend.
You were one of those "run the clock out" people.
Double standards ahead!

Trump had an interview with Chris Wallace last Sunday. A far cry from the op.

Oh and would there be a law that would be broken by not having daily briefings?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

An interview with Chris Wallace isn't a press conference. You aren't going to get away with that silliness.

Oh and would there be a law that would be broken by not having daily briefings?

Is it always about broken laws with you Trump supporters? What about maintaining a semblance of transparency with the American public? Was that only important to you when the Democrats were in charge?
edit on 15-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

With regard to me personally, you can 'right-wing' me all you want. I was one of the loudest voices on these boards during the Bush years on these EXACT issues.

Back then, I foolishly believed the left held common ground with me on these governance issues. But then over the next eight years they taught me otherwise.

We are a nation of hypocrites.

Now it's anybody's guess where this goes....but if it goes badly, it wont be 'because' of Trump.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Trump's election is no doubt a Hail Mary Pass. Stop acting like he's the bull in the China Shop. The place was smashed long before his arrival.

Not even remotely close....

No doubt some people feel that a White Dictator is better than a Black Leader of the Free World and are willing to squint to make it palatable.

From his cabinet choices to his "unprecedented" cabinet appointments...Hedge Fund Traders, Goldman Sachs, Exxon, and more Military than we have ever seen in the WH...more Billionaires than we have ever seen in the WH...

You are cheering the beginning of a dark time...The GOP has chosen the word "unconventional" as a polite place-holder for Oligarchy.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Who cares?

Everyone should care about their government not being transparent with the people. Why don't you care exactly?

I'd say him tweeting everything that comes to mind and being covered by MSM daily is a lot more transparent than WH pressers....

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Who cares?

Everyone should care about their government not being transparent with the people. Why don't you care exactly?

I'd say him tweeting everything that comes to mind and being covered by MSM daily is a lot more transparent than WH pressers....

So 140 characters or less tells you everything you need to know about the goings on in government? Please tell me you aren't serious here...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Who cares? Media crying over Trump not talking to them...

You deride the vague "media"...

Fake News or not Fake News is not determined by what you want to believe...it is determined by facts.

Mainstream News gets things wrong sometimes, sometimes they are biased and sometimes they intentionally or unintentionally get facts wrong. Most often when they do make mistakes they retract stories and hold themselves accountable. If fabrication is involved, people lose jobs.

Fake news has no standards for truth or accountability...They prioritize click through profits and political/ideological agenda over facts, evidence and truth. They don't do retractions...their aim isn't truth, it is selling the story.
Do they get things right occasionally? Yep...as often as Mainstream News gets things wrong.

Mainstream news is ridiculously more reliable than Fake News...

You engage in false equivalency to sell the idea that News Reporting can never be trusted...Goebbels referred to the strategy as "Remove the Referee"...discredit the news media, then freely promote your propaganda without credible fact-checkers or push-back

ALL THAT SAID...YOU don't get to pick and choose what stories news media reports, who gets to ask questions and what questions get answered.

That is not a free press...that is press under tyrannical rule.

That is not a partisan opinion.

Perfect...then Trump can choose if he wants to talk to them or not...freedom of speech.

Just because YOU think it's not OK doesn't make it right either.

I think he is making a statement by doing this.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

...No doubt some people feel that a White Dictator is better than a Black Leader of the Free World and are willing to squint to make it palatable.

Bah! Now you have no credibility with me. Enjoy your pursuits to persuade people to your view.

Your posts serve as an example of what is wrong with this country. Just not in the way you think.

Next.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

...No doubt some people feel that a White Dictator is better than a Black Leader of the Free World and are willing to squint to make it palatable.

Bah! Now you have no credibility with me. Enjoy your pursuits to persuade people to your view.

You have me confused with someone who cares what you consider credible...

Your cheering and excusing of every insult to American Freedoms in support of Trump clearly tells me you have no interest in defending our freedoms.

Your best excuse is that Pres. Obama eroded freedoms...so eff it...let Trump do as he pleases!

Hypocrisy of the worst sort...I don't find your arguments honest or credible and you give me no cause to take you seriously.

originally posted by: [post=21648849]loam

We are a nation of hypocrites.

No.."WE" are not..
You can excuse yourself with that...doesn't mean I will.

Now it's anybody's guess where this goes....but if it goes badly, it wont be 'because' of Trump.

YOU can offer him absolution from sin in advance. A shockingly generous thing to do for the President Elect.

I ..will hold my President accountable...I and the majority of the American People...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Who cares?

You do realize that is a one way street. No questions asked or answered? And he blocks people and journalists on twitter he does not like..

At what point do you scratch your head and realize that Iran has more access to their leaders than you do?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Your posts are utterly ridiculous.

Iran Executes Three Iranians Every Day; The West Rewards It.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No...Absolving the future president from any criticism or accountability for the next 4 years is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS...

originally posted by: [post=21648849]loam

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Apparently we are supposed to be satisfied with government transparency covered in 140 characters or less.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Apparently we are supposed to be satisfied with government transparency covered in 140 characters or less.

Putin at least gives regular press conferences...to his Select State Run Media journalists..Maybe someday we will advance as a Democracy to that phase.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Who cares?

So 140 characters or less tells you everything you need to know about the goings on in government? Please tell me you aren't serious here...

No...which is where the "being covered by MSM daily" comes in to play.

As it stands there isn't a single source of news that is unbiased. I think a fair way to do everything would be for them to write up questions, submit them and give the WH time to submit an answer. Those questions and answers should be publicly released in their entirety without edits.

Screw pressers....what good are they anyways? "Reporters" have their questions ready yet expect the answers to come off the cuff....sorry but I don't judge a person on how they answer a question they are unprepared for. I'd rather judge them by their actions versus their words.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Who cares?

You do realize that is a one way street. No questions asked or answered? And he blocks people and journalists on twitter he does not like..

At what point do you scratch your head and realize that Iran has more access to their leaders than you do?

One way street? Do you watch the news? How exactly is that any different? It isn't like POTUS has a direct satellite link to the reporters and can discuss a story in real time.

The reporters he's blocked on twitter can cry me a giant river for all I care. What a childish thing to be upset over. I have laughed in people's faces when they complained about being unfriended on Facebook....twitter isn't any different.

I can't say there are any people I would consider real journalists anymore in MSM....the bias and the need to get the scoop on whatever faster than anyone else has led to crap reporting solely for viewer stats. It's evidenced everywhere from creating an entirely fake story to just adding caution tape for whatever reason to make the story seem more interesting or dangerous or whatever catchy junk they decide to do.

It's silly.

As far as having more access to their leaders...I am guessing you're referencing Obama's administration since they are our current leaders? And yes...their transparency is non-existent, as was the other possible POTUS elect....her "transparency" was all over the news as was her husbands back in the day....

So yeah....not real concerned since these journalists you speak of only have a single biased agenda in mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Iran Executes Three Iranians Every Day; The West Rewards It.

Don't worry; General Flynn will have us bombing Iran in no time.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well things don't work that way and your hopes and wishes don't run the world. In the real world, currently, press conferences are the best exposure we have to the White House. YOU are saying eff that and let Trump just send Twitter messages and when called on it you are appealing to how you wish things were instead of calling Trump out on not being transparent. Nothing is wrong with suggesting improvements to the system, but we shouldn't be accepting lax standards while we demand changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join