It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here's a thought: how will we ever be sure that it is really Trump posting those tweets? What if a cabal imprisons Trump in his Tower and uses twitter to rule the country in his name?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
Have you heard the verbal gymnastics that comes from the daily press briefings? From any President, of any political party. It's not transparency so much as theatrics and orchestration.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Here's a thought: how will we ever be sure that it is really Trump posting those tweets? What if a cabal imprisons Trump in his Tower and uses twitter to rule the country in his name?

Exactly. And maybe that's the point.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Actually a Cabal imprisoning him and tweeting national decisions on his behalf might actually be an improvement.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
At one time, I might have cared about this. But I have so completely lost my respect for the press that I find it nearly impossible to sympathize with their fears of being shut out. Maybe my opinion will change later.

Right now, I'm completely amused by the whining press corps who only a few months ago said Trump was a clown and didn't deserve their respect. So they threw him and all of his voters under the bus. Now they're crying about not having access. Too damned funny.

What a bunch of elitist frauds. Return to real journalism and some of us might start to care again.
edit on 14-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
At one time, I might have cared about this. But I have so completely lost my respect for the press that I find it nearly impossible to sympathize with their fears of being shut out. Maybe my opinion will change later.

I understand the rush to demonize and deligitmize the press when they fact check the most dishonest man to ever to run for President and he is your guy...

But people have an option to listen or not listen to them...Trump wants to limit their option to report to the people...

The press is there to ask questions on our behalf...you don't have to trust their motives or their spin ..but in a free democracy we should all want them asking the questions.

Just seriously disheartening to see the right wing is willing to trade that accountability as well.

I am losing sympathy for the right daily.. and this pendulum is set to swing dramatically again..and the left will no longer see its competition as a credible partner concerned with the best interest of this country.

Confusing winning with losing...lost all credibility for a couple generations at least.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I hope Trump makes Infowars.com his number one exclusive press liaison,
then the left and the MSM can just BOIL in that searingly hot oil till their skin comes off.

Hate and vitriol is what Trump supporters bring to this nation?

Every day I see the end of the right wing draw nearer ...and it always ends this way...with losing by winning.

I have a much better name for it..

Poetic Justice without all the poetry.

Hold on tightly to that feeling..hate and lies always loses..don't ever let go of that rock when the coming storm rolls the ship.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Last month, Wolf Blitzer told Trump that his failure to fulfil the expectations of press contact laid down by the Washington media was "unacceptable";
edition.cnn.com...
Speaking for myself, I know that if someone tries to lay down the law on me with their "expectations", I am highly motivated to do the exact opposite of what they want.
I would not blame Trump for having the same bloody-minded attitude.
Would the world really come to an end without a daily press briefing?

Have to agree with this one. That struck me at the time as really odd. It was as if little Wolfie was making his territory. I react the same way to people trying to imply a level of puppeteer superiority over me. I remember thinking, "candidates (or even presidents) are expected to do what the press tells them to?" - or what, they'll talk about their frustrations on the air?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
He will give a briefing on conditions of the cell in which Hillary will be resident of

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Confusing winning with losing...lost all credibility for a couple generations at least

uh no
Not allowing the msm (exposed and rightly so for shenanigans during the campaign) to dictate the terms of his communications gives him more credibility than the pandering career politicians washington is filled with.
The press needs him and they are acting like idiots because he DOES NOT need them.
I have no doubt there will be briefings, but they will no longer be on the msm's terms.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23
Yes, I made a thread about it at the time, a couple of minutes after hearing the comment on air, and nearly everybody who responded was equally startled by what he said.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The complete loss of respect you speak of has already happened in both directions. In my lifetime, that really began after Clinton's first term with the neocons and their personal vendetta against the Clintons. Then the Bush era institutionalized the politics of personal destruction, only to be perfected by the left over the next eight years during the Obama administration.

In terms of the press, what you say is exactly the problem. My lack of respect isn't because they 'fact check my guy', but because they do so in such an obvious biased, manipulative or dishonest way. Neither candidate, Trump or HRC, would not have been possible if the media had done their job objectively.

I believe people want honest and objective reporting. I believe people want a media they can trust. We have been lied to by the establishment for far too long. People are sick of it. You can make this a right/left thing all you want, but when you do, you perpetuate the problem in my view.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
He will give a briefing on conditions of the cell in which Hillary will be resident of

He's already told you he's not going to keep that promise, remember?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Who cares? Media crying over Trump not talking to them...maybe they should have actually done their jobs unbiased how they were supposed to. Hindsight is always 20/20...unfortunately for these guys they have some serious decisions to make about how they report and who they hire.

Hell...I'd much rather hear it from the horses mouth on Twitter than second hand from a biased source a day later once they spin the story.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Bottom line is that there have been rumors amongst the press core of the Trump team nixing the Daily Briefing ...the daily opportunity for the WH to answer questions...Mostly it has been political commentators not taking it seriously, because it seemed outrageous for the WH to propose going dark and walling off transparency.

I am witnessing a strong trend with the incoming Trump administration...complete lack of transparency. His supporters act like there is nothing important worth answering questions about ... I believe that is not the prerogative of one political party or one president to make. Transparency from it's leaders is a fundamental pillar of a free people.

You want a sample question that Trump has refused to answer during his current press black-out, despite repeated requests by the press to his transition team?

Trump, as the incoming President of the United States has "Tweeted" attacks on both Boeing and Lockheed. Something "unprecedented"

**These fluctuations represent 100's of Millions of dollars for anyone that executes the properly timed trade**

THIS was Boeings stock reaction to his tweet...DROP and RECOVER

THIS was Lockheeds stock reaction...DROP and RECOVER...and some large players sold stock BEFORE the shock tweet that cratered the stock

QUESTION: Did Trump or his Children own positions in any of the hedge funds that benefited from those tweets?
QUESTION: Did Trump discuss in advance his plan to publicly attack these companies on Twitter with members of his transition team or other incoming members of his cabinet?
QUESTION: Did anyone on his staff, potential nominees or his children trade and benefit from the stock price swings that resulted from the President elect's tweets?

No answers...No opportunity for the press to ask...it is simply "eff off" as the new policy...No tax returns...The Press conference discussing how he would eliminate conflicts of interest that was scheduled for Dec. 15th? Cancelled and rescheduled for "sometime in January after inauguration"

Remember this guy?

I have come to understand that the biggest conspiracy of them all is the ease with which free systems die at the willing hands of the people.

Depressing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes...that is very depressing...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You as well.

296 days during the campaign she who lost and took away all hope went with out answering a question from the press. I don't recall your indignation then.

Well seeing as how you have the number of days Hillary didn't have a press conference memorized for some reason I'm sure you are jumping to memorize the days that Trump hasn't had one right?
edit on 15-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Who cares?

Everyone should care about their government not being transparent with the people. Why don't you care exactly?
edit on 15-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You have a very selective memory:

USA Today’s Susan Page: Obama administration most ‘dangerous’ to media in history

At some point, a compendium of condemnations against the Obama administration’s record of media transparency (actually, opacity) must be assembled. Notable quotations in this vein come from former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson, who said, “It is the most secretive White House that I have ever been involved in covering”; New York Times reporter James Risen, who said, “I think Obama hates the press”; and CBS News’s Bob Schieffer, who said, “This administration exercises more control than George W. Bush’s did, and his before that.”

USA Today Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page has added a sharper edge to this set of knives. Speaking Saturday at a White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) seminar, Page called the current White House not only “more restrictive” but also “more dangerous” to the press than any other in history, a clear reference to the Obama administration’s leak investigations and its naming of Fox News’s James Rosen as a possible “co-conspirator” in a violation of the Espionage Act.

See also: Associated Press: 8 ways Obama admin restricts press freedom

Moreover, now the assertion is that Trump makes these comments related to his political positions to enable his family and friends to engage in insider trading????

Aside from being completely ridiculous and specious at best, what would his obvious denials contribute to the substance of those claims?

Really, dude?

You (and others like you) are making the same mistake I'm accusing the MSM of in covering Trump. By engaging in all manner of hyperbole and contortionist fanatsy in an effort to discredit him, you have ceded all credibility in any legitimate future claim you might make against him.

God help us if Trump really does become the fascist you all fear. Because if he does, no will believe it coming from the collective YOU.

edit on 15-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Who cares? Media crying over Trump not talking to them...

You deride the vague "media"...

Fake News or not Fake News is not determined by what you want to believe...it is determined by facts.

Mainstream News gets things wrong sometimes, sometimes they are biased and sometimes they intentionally or unintentionally get facts wrong. Most often when they do make mistakes they retract stories and hold themselves accountable. If fabrication is involved, people lose jobs.

Fake news has no standards for truth or accountability...They prioritize click through profits and political/ideological agenda over facts, evidence and truth. They don't do retractions...their aim isn't truth, it is selling the story.
Do they get things right occasionally? Yep...as often as Mainstream News gets things wrong.

Mainstream news is ridiculously more reliable than Fake News...

You engage in false equivalency to sell the idea that News Reporting can never be trusted...Goebbels referred to the strategy as "Remove the Referee"...discredit the news media, then freely promote your propaganda without credible fact-checkers or push-back

ALL THAT SAID...YOU don't get to pick and choose what stories news media reports, who gets to ask questions and what questions get answered.

That is not a free press...that is press under tyrannical rule.

That is not a partisan opinion.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

(A) You can't have it both ways...Yes, Obama started his administration with a transparency issue...and arguably ended it on par with the foggy transparency of the Bush administration..If you had issue there, as I did, then you should be terrified of the stance the incoming Trump Administration has thus far taken and looks to continue.

(B)

Moreover, now the assertion is that Trump makes these comments related to his political positions to enable his family and friends to engage in insider trading????

Aside from being completely ridiculous and specious at best, what would his obvious denials contribute to the substance of those claims?

It would answer the question??

Over a billion dollars traded as a result of those Trump Tweets! And look at my charts...In the Lockheed trade a massive amount moved two days prior!...I don't care what you decide is "Specious" ...he is MY PRESIDENT TOO...and IF the PRESS asks for an answer to whether he, himself or family benefited financially form his HIGHLY UNUSUAL Tweets attacking publicly traded companies as the PRESIDENT ELECT...WE..THE...PEOPLE DESERVE AN ANSWER...

Just effen crazy that you adopt an attitude that the President Elect is above answering questions like that.

edit on 15-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join