It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i miss the white stripes!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
anyone else?
the stripes rocked it out man. every release of theirs was the #. loved it all.
meg has retreated into her anxiety problems....they have not played together since 09 and i am thirsting for some new stripes.

jack has plenty of side projects and im at best a casual fan of that where i was an uber fan of the stripes
dead weather=eh
raconteurs=eh
jack white solo= eh eh

sadly i dont think we are ever going to get any more gems from them. good while it lasted i guess.
i usually dont go for the grungier/dirtier type sound with the stuff i listen to. i usually like it polished and perfect but jack and meg had it....

i miss them

what are some of your favorite songs?

i will post this concert. blackpool lights.....fantastic show.

cannon

little people

fan for life

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Agreed, though I think the Raconteurs stuff is really good. My favorite album is a rare giveaway vinyl of their concert at the Hard Rock, Vegas in 2003. It's White Stripes in their prime, fast and dirty.

I feel that they will get back together for another album eventually.

Edit: Forgot to add my favorite songs.

The Big Three Killed My Baby
Blue Orchid
Catch Hell Blues
Death Letter
Effect And Cause
Hello Operator
Hotel Yorba
I Fought Piranhas
I'm Finding It Harder To Be A Gentleman
Let's Shake Hands
The Same Boy You've Always Known
Screwdriver
When I Hear My Name
Rag & Bone
edit on 14-12-2016 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I was actually disappointed by White Stripes stuff, & Jack White solo performances.....for a long time since the early 1990s, song-writing seemed weak.....all the best tunes have been taken by the writers of the 1960s, there are no brilliant tunes for anyone to discover and seem like the creators of.....after all those hundreds of thousands of songs written over hundreds of years, how can we sound original....? But recent song-writing has been impressing me.....I'm listening a lot to Chvrches, & only recently discovered Sleater-Kinney......but Chvrches are the best.....find a youtube clip of one of their performances with Keep You On My Side in it.....maybe the 2016 Glastonbury performance.....but I also like the Paris show on a Halloween day ~ well, that's what I'm listening to, hope they make your blues about the whites go away.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I miss them too. Such a unique sound.

Hotel Yorba

And that Jolene cover was epic

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

While I liked the white stripes I'm more a fan of Jack White , he is a musical genius , pure talent.

The Dead Weather are great.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Am I wrong in saying that his and his WIFE'S misstep of claiming to be siblings was the reason they aren't seen much anymore?

Not Millie-Vanillie level oops, but bad enough for people to throw hate at them?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostjon361
Am I wrong in saying that his and his WIFE'S misstep of claiming to be siblings was the reason they aren't seen much anymore?

Not Millie-Vanillie level oops, but bad enough for people to throw hate at them?

yeah wrong.
meg has pretty bad anxiety problems....jack has always been the creative voice and has a pretty large catalogue. from what i read meg is just not as into it.
i think it is something that will never be again.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Remember...it was him and his ex-wife that made up the band. And I know I wouldnt want to play in a band with either of my ex-wives.

They'd probably flip the ground switch on my amps and I'd touch the mike and electrocute myself...

Jack's a hometown Detroiter (and now Nashvillian)...and well liked in our musical circle of musicians.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
bumping this cause im jamming to the stripes right now.

for sure the band i miss the most.

i dig all of jack's side projects for the most part but the white stripes were something special.

their music just killed. right place. right time. right sound.

fingers crossed they do another album.

this was me and my wifes first 'love song' if thats what you want to call it

of course she's so young and beautiful

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join