It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stein spent nearly $1 million of recount funds on consultants, staff, admin expenses

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
And so, if there was ever any doubt that Jill Stein's recount effort was about anything other than money for her and her cronies...

According to a breakdown of expenses contained on the fund’s website, Stein paid nearly $1 million on consultants and staff. The staff payroll tallied $212,500 while consultants pocketed $364,000. Administrative expenses, such as travel costs, ran $353,618. In all, $930,118 was used to pay consultants, staff, and administrative costs

Travel costs of $353,618? How much are plane tickets these days...or maybe Jill just bought herself a plane.

And the Consultants that advised her on this completely useless adventure pocketed $364,000...I wonder how much of that was actually for unpaid bills from her equally useless Presidential campaign.

PT Barnum has nothing on Stein!

They don't call it the Green Party for nothing

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

nice work - if you can get it

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I actually considered her out of frustration. Thank God I didn't have the stupidity to vote for her as a protest vote and went with Trump. She is just making some money and trying to be relevant for the next election. She ruined that for herself with this witch hunt. She's through. It's time for her to stop wasting money and just go back home and shut up.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
And so, if there was ever any doubt that Jill Stein's recount effort was about anything other than money for her and her cronies...

According to a breakdown of expenses contained on the fund’s website, Stein paid nearly $1 million on consultants and staff. The staff payroll tallied $212,500 while consultants pocketed $364,000. Administrative expenses, such as travel costs, ran $353,618. In all, $930,118 was used to pay consultants, staff, and administrative costs

Travel costs of $353,618? How much are plane tickets these days...or maybe Jill just bought herself a plane.

And the Consultants that advised her on this completely useless adventure pocketed $364,000...I wonder how much of that was actually for unpaid bills from her equally useless Presidential campaign.

PT Barnum has nothing on Stein!

They don't call it the Green Party for nothing

Of course, and the rest of the 7 millions she will spend on hollidays, cars, a mansion and young male prostitutes.

It was a scam all along...

This kind of stuff should always go according to the kickstarter model, if the goal is achieved very well the investments is transferred to the entrepreneur, if it fails the money goes back to the origin...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
One thing that strikes me as odd about this is that the Libertarians and Johnson far out-stripped the Green Party in votes, yet all we hear about is Stein and not a peep out of Johnson. And it was Stein's votes, which were far more than the difference between Clinton and Trump in key states, that threw the election to Trump. There's a very good case to be made that Nader gave us Bush and Stein gave us Trump. You can talk about "voting your conscience" until you're blue in the face, but that is effectively what happened.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I wonder where Fox got their numbers from, I thought they were Fake News no?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This recount seems to be pretty profitable to some people who initiated it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i have a strange feelings if we would dig a little deeper in this "story" we would find...

not even worth it...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks like Stein got some pointers from the Clinton Foundation !!!

The cat is out of the bag.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hopefully she made enough to buy a $600,000 mansion on a Vermont Lakefront...

That's what liberal politics is about, after all:
Get rich from those to which u pander then ride off into the sunset rich as he££...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
One thing that strikes me as odd about this is that the Libertarians and Johnson far out-stripped the Green Party in votes, yet all we hear about is Stein and not a peep out of Johnson. And it was Stein's votes, which were far more than the difference between Clinton and Trump in key states, that threw the election to Trump. There's a very good case to be made that Nader gave us Bush and Stein gave us Trump. You can talk about "voting your conscience" until you're blue in the face, but that is effectively what happened.

Johnson lost and he isnt a bitch about it. He had his problems, but was an overall solid pick for president. Much better at representing American values than the any of the other candidates. Really, he didnt lose, we all did.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The Fox article you linked is highly misleading, not that I'd expect them to tell the truth about the Green Party. You can find the actual breakdown from Stein's website HERE. For example, it wasn't $353,618 just for travel costs. It was $353,618 for administrative costs, which included things like office costs, travel costs, donation processing fees, etc.

Donation processing fees alone could've covered a lot of that if you think about the actual process. More than 161,000 donors (
) sent money but she still had to pay for things upfront. So I wouldn't be surprised if she had to take out a short term loan to cover the upfront costs (like the $3.5 million in the first State Wisconsin). Those donation processing fees also include any credit card or paypal-like fees for each individual payment.

You also have to remember that Pennsylvania's recount is done at the precinct level and required 3 citizens from each of its 9,000+ precincts to file for the recount in that precinct. The Greens and their lawyers had to work on affidavits for all of the citizens who volunteered to file for the recounts since the citizen could be held liable for certain legal issues, depending on how they were worded. Now imagine trying to coordinate law firms, volunteers, and donors across more than 9,000 precincts in a matter of days (note: the State branches of the Green Party also held fundraisers for their recounts). Not to mention, she also tried Pennsylvania's other recount method, which is an "all or nothing" approach at the judicial level.

In fact, after looking at the breakdown on her website, it actually appears that the lawyer fees are lower than what I originally expected. Plus, a whopping 60% of the raised money went to the State filing fees, with Wisconsin's $3.5 million fee being roughly 3 times higher than what was originally estimated (and 7 times higher than the $520,000 costs of Wisconsin's recount for the 2011 Supreme Court race).
edit on 15-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Going by that logic, really it's the 80-90 million eligible voters that didn't vote who swayed the election for Trump. And remember, Trump only got close to 63 million votes nationwide compared to almost 66 million for Hillary. They could've completely changed the elections at the State and local level, too.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Johnson is probably still high after the election night party. He'll surface at some point, bedraggled and shaking.
As for Stein, she conned the public. My guess is that she worked closely with the Clinton campaign and her reward was to keep the money she raised. Her role was just one in a coordinated series of efforts to undermine the election.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: schuyler

Going by that logic, really it's the 80-90 million eligible voters that didn't vote who swayed the election for Trump. And remember, Trump only got close to 63 million votes nationwide compared to almost 66 million for Hillary. They could've completely changed the elections at the State and local level, too.

That is the same in every election. About the same number of people voted as in 2008 and more than in 2012.
Same with 3rd parties, they always siphon votes away from the main candidates.
The reason Trump won is because he ran the better campaign and had the most appropriate ideas to win the election.

Stein was used, but she got rich from her efforts.

edit on 15/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join