It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Loophole That Could Actually Keep Obama In The White House?(Spoiler: Nope)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Illegal? Nope

Proof it was Russia - non existent as witnessed between the FBI and the DNI saying the CIA conclusion is wrong. That my concern with this sudden push to brief the electors. When asked for specifics the CIA said they cant give specifics because it would tip Russia off to our abilities. Convenient.

So they cant share the info with the public but can share it with electors, who will no doubt be unable to discuss whats shared leaving the possibility of the CIA providing false / misleading information as fact with no way to refute what they tell the electorate.

The White House has already stated Russia did not hack the election. The state governments have said Russia did not hack the election. Now we are back to the whole Clinton emails.

Where does it end?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think there is going to be an end to this childish behavior any time soon, from either side. I suppose all there is to do is to sit back, let the children scream themselves hoarse and not let it affect us personally

I've been trying to do that, but many times it is bleeding over into non-political threads or people will just partisan snipe you for no reason. Then we have threads like this pop up at least once a day. I can't believe they are still allowed. I thought political trolling was against the T&C.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

15g.) Political Baiting:

You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

The article deals with the 2016 presidential election. Given the reaction by Democrats to Trump wining it has created a situation where there is false information floating around. Calling out either side (party / media / candidates / surrogates / etc) for false information, last I checked, was allowed. T and C also says a person cannot knowingly post false info so if we stick to that T and C we would not have election forums at all on this site.

I am sorry people don't think correcting false information is a worthy goal especially considering the lengths some groups have gone to paint a false narrative because they cant accept the fact their candidate lost.

secondly you are the one who started us down this road by not completely reading the article or my post in its entirety and then attacking me for your lack of understanding of the topic.

Now can we return to the topic now that this is out of the way please?
edit on 14-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

False information floating around like posting a comedian's blog post and insinuating that it is the opinion of liberals everywhere? Yeaaaa...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

False information floating around like posting a comedian's blog post and insinuating that it is the opinion of liberals everywhere? Yeaaaa...

The simple test to discern "real" from "fake" news:

1. It proves the stupidity of my political opponent=real.

2. It claims that my political party or its supporters are mistaken or worse=false.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The evidence seems to suggest that yes.

link   
a reply to: zosimov

Or by claiming Russia is the reason Clinton lost.

link   

The reason you will continue to see these threads is because
over at GLP and StormFront they are going nuts over stories like these.
many members from those sites are also members here and i suspect
even some of the moderators here even.

You rarely see a moderator on this site speak against Trump
but in his defense I have seen up to 3 moderators in a single thread.
They get off on threads like this where they get to unleash their
inner GLP mentality while adhering to the T&C's.

That's how ATS is special - here we don't ban members for having a differing
opinion and they take advantage of it while on those sites you're
automatically insta-banned (of course until the sweep un-bans) for even
saying something remotely that could be considered anti-trump.

Personally I believe ATS should have a GLP/Breitbart/Stormfront icon
so that we can easily point out those threads to allow posters in those
threads to create their circle-jerk echo-chamber.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: zosimov

Or by claiming Russia is the reason Clinton lost.

I'm grown so I don't bother with the rhetoric "you lost" "I lost" "I won". That really reminds me of playground talk.

I worry more about the future of our country and how to move forward given reality (which I don't rely on the news to recognize).

ETA: Either the whole country "won" by electing a president who will maintain a prosperous and peaceful standard of living for the majority of Americans, or we all "lost" by electing a president whose sole purpose is to quench his own ego- prosper at everyone's expense. I think that remains to be seen, but I am definitely wishing for the former.
edit on 14-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I thought it was funny. But it shows only 226 people liked it on FB and I think the 150 number is shares. For taking up a whole page in Huf Po US that is very, very few.

There are 87 comments which are simpler versions of arguments we have on here.

It was supposed to be funny. He talks about how it makes his fingers feel good, lol.

I am willing to blame Russia, is that illegal? Does it make Trump feel bad? I am not following your outcry on this comedian's article. It appears you are one of the few that saw it.

Blaming russia is stupid because it does not adress why you lost.

You need to blame the democrat party and if you voted hillary in the primarys yourself.
Why? Because she was unelectable. She was the same sort of establishment political scum everyone was sick of and worse a Clinton II.

Trump is a #head and should not have been a candidate either but at least he tried to adress serious problems people are concerned about, even if he did mix it in with crazy rantings. Hillary was just offering the same old forumula of nothing.....

edit on 14-12-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Suggesting post bans for opinions that arent main stream.. Democrats do that as well if you didnt know.

Like Clinton wanting Mika Brzezinski pulled off the air / fired.
Or How Sen .Warren lied in this speech.

I guess the Clinton campaign is more in line with neo nazi group, like stormfront, than you think or acknowledge.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Hillary is a demon.
Whats your point?
Which bring us to the point that another poster made -
Why did you post this fake story?
Why is it even in "NEWS".
You know very well this is not news.
You just wanted the stars and flags from your "brothers".

Let the hurt flow through you.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

So your issue is with me posting it and calling it out for what it is while ignoring the guy who wrote it and what he suggests in it. Maybe you guys can specifically point out where the article writer says he is just joking and what he wrote is all fake?

Or are people just embarrassed that people on the Clinton side are so desperate they will come up with howl at the moon explanations as to why Hillary lost and how the electoral college can be circumvented by using lies and corrupt media?

I have never cared about stars and flags and have stated that before when other people who cant refute facts would use the same line of attack on me.

Now, you guys got anything on topic or are you just trying to derail the thread now.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Now, you guys got anything on topic or are you just trying to derail the thread now.

Edit: Sorry, my previous comment was a bit rude. FYI: This is not the kind of topic which will spark meaningful or insightful debate.
edit on 14-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

YES, a nuclear strike that kills both the president elect and vice president elect before Jan 20th. he declares martial law and stays in until an organized vote can be made

edit on 14-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

YES, a nuclear strike that kills both the president elect and vice president elect before Jan 20th. he declares martial law and stays in until an organized vote can be made

Yeah the Speaker of the House is the next in line of succession and not Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join