It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida could have been speaking French if it weren't for this ship wreck just discovered.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: CulturalResilience

America joined AFTER the fighting was over?

Buddy, read a book about WW2 before spouting that tripe

Mate, read an accurate history book and then read my response to Kurthal. In both world conflicts the US only joined when it was obvious which way things were going and the defeat of Germany had already been assured.

Agree for WW1, definitely debatable for WWII. I don't see D-day happening without the US. I'm sure Britain could have kept Germany from taking them over but could they have liberated Europe without us? I don't think so.

Therefore what I originally stated about the claims of ignorant Americans claims about the language British people would be speaking if not for the US's late entry into the conflict stands.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07There is a way to find out. If they can find a clue to the name of the ship it might be logged in French archives. But did the French keep archives of their ships. I know the British did going back a few hundred years.
To identify what ship it was you look at the inventory detail that say how many cannon it had and what size and metal they were and cross reference it against other vessels at that time and if it's unique then you have the ships name, what it was (merchant or war ship) and when it was built.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I've often said, when an arrogant and ignorant American trots out the old lie about how the British would be speaking German were it not for the US joining the second world war three years late, like the last time, when the fighting was over, that Americans would be speaking a strange mixture of French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and German if it wasn't for the British.

If this statement is upsetting anyone then I can only assume you must be the type of arrogant and ignorant American I referred to, in which case let me invite you to remember the last time you tried to fight a war without us and got your ass handed to you by North Vietnam.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

If not for Sumeria, civilization would not exist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join