It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump, Disintermediation and streamlining America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Donald, in his tweets, decisions for cabinet positions, pre-inauguration overtures to inner city communities, has again and again cut out the traditional intermediaries.

it is a basic business tactic.

n economics, disintermediation is the removal of intermediaries from a supply chain, or "cutting out the middlemen" in connection with a transaction or a series of transactions

In his pathological tweeting, especially with major announcements he has totally sidestepped the traditional media flow of information to the masses and marginalizing the MSM greatly. which is probably one of the reasons why they are slamming him so hard. Hes cutting them out of the loop.

in his stocking his cabinet and select positions with powerful businessmen instead of career politicians he is SAVING LOADS OF MONEY right away.
Politicians are just puppets who take huge amounts of cash and orders from rich businessmen.

Now we have taken out the middleman!

AND PASSED THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU.

In his going straight to inner city community leaders and working with them instead of the classic political BS "blue ribbon commission" cash vacuum he is giving both hope and ACTUAL solutions to the problems plaguing our most neglected areas.

When he takes office the government, and its wastes may start shrinking in a Yuuuuuuggggeeeeee way

Hes Already Making America Great Again

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
In his pathological tweeting, especially with major announcements he has totally sidestepped the traditional media flow of information to the masses and marginalizing the MSM greatly. which is probably one of the reasons why they are slamming him so hard. Hes cutting them out of the loop.

Good point. Disruption of established market dynamics, whether it be Uber or Twitter, causes old line industries hardship due to their inability to handle the impact to their go to market and the interruption of their monopoly.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Good point. Disruption of established market dynamics, whether it be Uber or Twitter, causes old line industries hardship due to their inability to handle the impact to their go to market and the interruption of their monopoly.

Truth be told, somebody has to put a national security filter on his twitter.
he could start ww7 with one of those brain farts

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Good luck with that. You have a better chance of open field tackling Barry Sanders.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good luck with that. You have a better chance of open field tackling Barry Sanders.

I could do it.

My Dirty Fu is the dirtiest.
More than makes up for my lack of skill.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I would pay to watch that my friend.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

This is called shallow pr.

When he actually creates results we can cheer.

His cabinet picks sure don't all give me confidence. Sec of state being a top 5 lobbyist and huge welfare recipient isn't great.

Sec of labor aso bothers me. We need a manufacturing innovator.

Of coarse then they would tell trump his China policy will drive business under or out who rely on supply lines which is a huge majority of manufacturing.

Whether a bobbin machine, circuit board, or box of transistors.

Don't get your hopes up.

A president shouldn't try to do what congress was designed to do. Or we get recessions.
edit on 14-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I would pay to watch that my friend.

It may involve an oil slick and laser beam

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The mainstream media is ridiculous I agree...
Many ATSers will remember CNN dubbing Bill Clinton "America's first black president"....seriously, they said that..

All of that being said it is still of vital import that the POTUS, whoever he or she is, keeps a press pool and/or White House stable of reporters...

While it's funny for now(at lest imho as a conservative) I can imagine a liberal despot using these same tactics to rule in vacuum void of all dissent from a critical press..

We all know the press would never question a liberal but the point remains...

America needs a traditional press to keep its leaders accountable...
Hopefully the mainstream media will at some point leave their communist leanings behind and once again be impartial as they once were…

Until then I have no problem with what Trump is doing though I hope the mainstream media will change its course and move back to the non-partisan middle.

-Chris
edit on 14-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I guess time wil tell.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We're in for a hell of a recession no matter what- and that's if we're lucky. The fed has kept our dollar in a freefall for far too long- if USD is still around in five years, it's going to be in a bad way.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

It depends. It's all made up any way. It's the nature of being macro global econimcs.

It can't be I have three gold coins you have 2 once people own a large percentage of global production.

The Rotchilds for instance were slowing or increasing the value of gold while currency was dependant on it. They could deflate the market by loading the market with gold lowering value. They Use lower currency value to make purchases that benifit their conglomerate.

It's all about the faith people have in the system. It's all made up bs, so it's purely a human philsophical construct.

Once we understand that we can work on the design better. With a free market as an ambition that may not be completely obtainable but a standard to keep in mind.

Regulations actually can help keep a free market. Especially if you seperate government and business as much as possible. No favors for GE just because they spend 275k a day lobbying. Especially when a start up guy with a better design for a product doesn't receive grants and tax breaks.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

How about tariffs on foreign manufactured goods?
Pro or against?
How about fines for us companies to hold profits off shore?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

How about tariffs on foreign manufactured goods?
Pro or against?
How about fines for us companies to hold profits off shore?

I think these things take time to unravel and it's congress responsibility.

Is this manufactured good a machine that an operator uses to make products in the US?

Is China really going to say oh ok? Without playing there cards?

Be very weary of a president trying to do too much writing of laws.

Also job training should be the focus. Business already is moving back as emoyee wages grow over seas. This is the actual trend.

However, the automation process is being used even heavier than it should be because employers can't find skilled labor to even run cnc machines.

Which brings me to wage and cpi issues.

Those cheap things from China are how an $18hr machine operator can survive. The cheap food they eat picked by illegals as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

So you are okay with the status quo?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The Constitution makes it clear that the President is the one to be negotiating foreign policy, not Congress. We have gotten away from that where the President becomes too involved with domestic policy which is more the purview of Congress.

edit on 14-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The Constitution makes it clear that the President is the one to be negotiating foreign policy, not Congress. We have gotten away from that where the President becomes to involved with domestic policy which is more the purview of Congress.

Well we have made it unclear with policy for a long time.

The CPI is controlling inflation. It's involved in a wage and profit loop and a presidency alone can not have the time to fix this massive time bomb. It is something that takes decades.

The president could make foreign trade very bad for the domestic policy because of its inherent nature in the value of currency, wages, and profit.

I wasn't speaking directly to import tariffs. This is something that the vice president absolutley needs to work with congress on and work with the president on. They have constitutional rights but they are equall to a concealed carry. He can't just pull it out and shoot someone in the face without retaliation.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well we have made it unclear with policy for a long time.

As I said above.

But that was not my point, the President should be less involved with domestic policy and more involved with foreign policy and stick to what the Constitution dictates.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not this president and it is no longer that simple. Foriegn policy dictates currency. That is also a domestic issue. Doesn't that specific issue need to be addressed before drastic changes?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Foriegn policy dictates currency. That is also a domestic issue.

Then the Congress is free to react to whatever may or may not arise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join