It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard professor says GOP electors are close to blocking Trump win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Harvard University law professor Larry Lessig said Tuesday that 20 Republican Electoral College voters are considering flipping to vote against Donald Trump, more than half the number of anti-Trump votes needed to stall the president-elect from being sworn into office.

"Obviously, whether an elector ultimately votes his or her conscience will depend in part upon whether there are enough doing the same. We now believe there are more than half the number needed to change the result seriously considering making that vote," Lessig told Politico.

Harvard professor says GOP electors are close to blocking Trump win

With the vote just days away we'll find out soon enough. I feel like this is a very similar situation to the apparent countdown to WW3 that was going on before Hillary Clinton was finally defeated. It seemed like the probability of it happening was fairly small, but there was enough of a chance it could happen to make it worth paying close attention to.

Even in Lessig's best-case scenario (or worst-case scenario), we would still have a long way to go before a mutiny could happen. Paul Craig Roberts is taking all of this very seriously.

The importance of this issue is that it is rogue elements inside the CIA who are trying to prevent Trump from becoming president.

The important question is: Why?

If neoconservative or military-security oligarchs are willing to so publicly in violation of law operate against an incoming president who could have them indicted and put on trial for high treason, wouldn’t these rogue operators also be willing to assassinate the president-elect?

The ruling oligarchy does not want any changes in policy toward Russia or the offshoring of US jobs. Clearly, they are willing to operate against a president-elect. Are they willing to go further?

Rogue Elements of the CIA Are Operating Against President-elect Trump — Paul Craig Roberts

edit on 14-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I dont like this one bit. Even if Russia attempted to sway the election. Unless its proved Trump had something to actually do with it( and didnt just simply benefit), I dont care what Russia did. Hillary lost. End of story.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
HOAX bin FAKE NEWS Alert!!

They sure are trying to push that narrative.....

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

, more than half the number

Which means they still don't have enough.

The Dems/CIA are about to mess around and cause great damage to this country. If you thought you saw protests and violence when Hillary lost......steal the election from Trump. Not saying I will participate, but that will piss off millions to the point I don't think you want to see.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
HOAX bin FAKE NEWS Alert!!

They sure are trying to push that narrative.....

Well, it is MSN.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If it happens, a good segment of the people who voted for him will consider this a stolen election, that might even trigger a revolt.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I alluded to this a week or 10 days ago.
This is a clear and present danger.

It seems many of the these rouge electors have very checkered backgrounds.
The information on them is already OS, you can draw your own conclusions.

Buck

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

If you Yanks do this...you will have become Banana republic.

There is no way in hell anyone could ever make me take you seriously about anything you ever do from this point onward.

You're dancing the thin line as it is.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
No names or addresses?

For shame.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thread title should read; Hopelessly biased and naïve, sheltered academic displays usual left wing idiocy.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
If it happens, a good segment of the people who voted for him will consider this a stolen election, that might even trigger a revolt.

If the PTB ever wanted a civil uprising, this is how they can succeed.

Before, it was said that If Trump wins, there's going to be riots everywhere. Though they blamed the Trump voters of this even though the rioters would have been the Hillary supporters. (yeah... so how was it going to be the Trump voters again?) Basically saying that it would be the Trump voters fault for Hillary supporters rioting.

Didn't happen. Fortunately.

If Hillary had won, I seriously don't believe Trump supporters would have rioted. We would have bitched about it but not riot.

Now... This, on the other hand... THIS could do just that if it actually happened that Trump would be denied the thron... errr PoTUS chair. This would make half the country feel like our votes don't matter simply because we're republican and I do believe that would start some serious unrest.

So.. they want to play around with the people... They better remember, they're not safe. If people rise up, who do they really think those people re going for? Do they think that people wont go to them first?

Oh I'm sure such a situation will be handled from the top down, first.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is b.llocks! TRUMPOTUS is a done deal!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Filling the cabinets with generals especially mattis who is beloved by the USMC, very tactical move in a civil war scenario.

If this scenario did go down, the president elected by the house will be viewed as having no legitimacy by the voters and by plenty of the states. That is the longer term civil war, the short term is obvously is armed protesters going to their state capitols.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
I dont like this one bit. Even if Russia attempted to sway the election. Unless its proved Trump had something to actually do with it( and didnt just simply benefit), I dont care what Russia did. Hillary lost. End of story.

Plus half the people still would think it sucks and find a way to reverse it again. Now if they could call a redo with the whole process. Let's do it. All the doners tapped out and fresh rage should bring some results a little better.

I agree though. It's over. Focus on the house and Senate if your pissed. And the other person suck too.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

There is no way in hell anyone could ever make me take you seriously about anything you ever do from this point onward.

Too much truth here.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

personally, I can't stand trump...
but...
from the russian influence to the fact that some of these delegates have had their lives threatened... (if you are to believe the fake news---or is it real news, one can only guess at this point...)
our election process has been corrupted to the extreme. not by russia, since russia has been working hard at influencing our elections for a long time really.... but by our political parties and by us.
so if the delegates vote for trump, who knows we might have a russian agent in the white house.... if they don't then who knows, maybe it was because they were threatened if they did. it only serves to prove that our democracy cannot function properly unless truth is valued higher than the office and control it gives certain groups of people.

but, to think that these delegates would vote for hillary instead I think would be in error. I kind of think that they would throw their vote to someone like the guy who was running from Utah, who actually took his state, or johnson, which would deprive both trump and hillary of the necessary votes and throw the decision to the house, or maybe it's the senate... who are predominately republican so I don't see any way that a democrat would be placed anyways.

all that is being accomplished if that the powers that be are reinforcing the idea that our democratic/republic system just isn't functioning and needs to be changed. and I highly doubt most of us would like the changes they would make.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

I didn't vote for him and I'd consider it a stolen election.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

, more than half the number

Which means they still don't have enough.

The Dems/CIA are about to mess around and cause great damage to this country. If you thought you saw protests and violence when Hillary lost......steal the election from Trump. Not saying I will participate, but that will piss off millions to the point I don't think you want to see.

Now it is the DEMS in collusion with the CIA? LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Though I don't believe it is going to happen, why would it make us a banana republic? It is a process that exists in our government for electors to vote their conscience.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What would Hillary do for America that Trump hasn't done, in his pre-inauguration time?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join