It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That thing the Standing Rock protesters were afraid of just happened

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

so his teachings and words that his mother- from the Cornstalk family

Cornstalk the great Chief of I want to say somewhere near the Ohio river valley area? Forgive my ignorance but I read of this Chief in a book.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Just because it happened nearby the protest doesn't mean it's sabotage( investigation will tell). Shocking for many, I know, but these spills happen as to why there was initial concern by Standing Rock. Pipeline Accident List: see here
edit on 15-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: removed letter

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: NerdGoddess

so his teachings and words that his mother- from the Cornstalk family

Cornstalk the great Chief of I want to say somewhere near the Ohio river valley area? Forgive my ignorance but I read of this Chief in a book.

I do believe my great grandmother was of that same family, wish I could ask Papa again to verify but he passed in September of this year.

Much love!

-Alee

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I'm highly confident that no true Native would have sabotaged something like this. The risk isn't worth it to our people, and to the values we were raised with. Now obviously as some of you know, I never lived on a Rez, but my papa did and he was the biggest influence on my life, so his teachings and words that his mother- from the Cornstalk family, taught him, will stick with me for life.

I'd be HIGHLY surprised to find out a Native sabotaged the pipeline

-Alee

Not necessarily. I wouldnt be overly surprised. Been to a rez recently? I was and will be over xmas. Thug life came to the Rez and with it **certain drugs** . There is a portion of folks, not only kids, who are as ghetto thug as you can get. Glorification of things that dont jibe with cultural teachings or heritage. Im older and Ive seen how the culture has taken a tun for the worse on Rez over the years. Dont speak for NDNs and DONT even pretend cause your Pa was on a rez that there is some superior spirituality or goodness that transcends other races.. we have our crap-apples too.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I'm highly confident that no true Native would have sabotaged something like this. The risk isn't worth it to our people, and to the values we were raised with. Now obviously as some of you know, I never lived on a Rez, but my papa did and he was the biggest influence on my life, so his teachings and words that his mother- from the Cornstalk family, taught him, will stick with me for life.

I'd be HIGHLY surprised to find out a Native sabotaged the pipeline

-Alee

Not necessarily. I wouldnt be overly surprised. Been to a rez recently? I was and will be over xmas. Thug life came to the Rez and with it **certain drugs** . There is a portion of folks, not only kids, who are as ghetto thug as you can get. Glorification of things that dont jibe with cultural teachings or heritage. Im older and Ive seen how the culture has taken a tun for the worse on Rez over the years. Dont speak for NDNs and DONT even pretend cause your Pa was on a rez that there is some superior spirituality or goodness that transcends other races.. we have our crap-apples too.

No no no, not like that, I'm just saying I'd be shocked because that's not how he was raised or my dad or us kids. But like I said that's probably because my dad and I never lived on one and grandpa only did for a while. I'm not saying no native american would do that because they are too good lol.

OH PS since I"m back here, was there ever an update as to if it was an accident or otherwise?
-Alee
edit on 12/15/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join