It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That thing the Standing Rock protesters were afraid of just happened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Not 150 miles away from Standing Rock, a pipeline leaked some 176k gallons of bubbling crude into a creek. This came about on the same day the contractors permit was denied, though it wasn't discovered for a while after when some locals stumbled across it. Either this is natures humerous way of tossing around irony or maybe perhaps done on purpose by vandals to prove a point. Either way, the Standing Rock protesters got what they wanted and someone or nature itself decided to toss out a little "I told you so"!

Source

A faulty pipeline has leaked 176,000 gallons of crude oil into a creek and the surrounding countryside 2.5 hours away from the Standing Rock protests in North Dakota.

The spill, which went undetected by the pipeline owners until a local stumbled on it, has spread almost 7 km (5.4 miles) from the site of the leak, and at this stage, it’s not clear what caused the pipe to rupture, or how long it’s been leaking.

According to CNN, an estimated 4,200 barrels of crude oil leaked from the Belle Fourche Pipeline in Billings County, 150 miles (241 km) from Cannon Ball in North Dakota, where protesters have been fighting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline.

For months, opponents of the Dakota Access Pipeline have been expressing fears that it would affect local drinking water, because it was to be built under the Missouri River near the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation - the primary water source of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe.

Last week, the US Department of the Army announced that it would not approve the crossing of the pipeline under the Missouri River.

The massive nearby spill - which was discovered on the same day that the Dakota Access Pipeline construction permit was denied - might have just proved the protesters' point.

At any rate, I thought you guys might like this little slice of pie.

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I hope that I am just paranoid,but as we have seen that most "hate crimes" are actually committed by the ones pretending to be discriminated against-how do we know that the "locals" that stumbled upon the leak weren't actually protesters themselves and responsible for it? (sabotage)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

I hope that I am just paranoid,but as we have seen that most "hate crimes" are actually committed by the ones pretending to be discriminated against-how do we know that the "locals" that stumbled upon the leak weren't actually protesters themselves and responsible for it? (sabotage)

That IS a concern, but we will see if there is an investigation.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Trump, when he takes office, will push for the completion of the pipeline. He also has money invested in companies producing these pipelines but there's nothing corrupt about that, according to the most ignorant people in this country.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm the same way. Seriously it can be the most obvious crime or action and I'm like "but wait...did they or how come". I hate to say it as well but you never know if it is indeed sabotage like you said.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

There should be a website just to keep track of this kind of stuff that could be a database . Something to do with industrial waste oil leaks fracking mining . Most of this news is left off the msm because they dont want to loose the ad rev.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Most of the issues with our moneys going to these kinds of things is that our pension funds are left in the hands of other peoples to make a buck with our bucks . Teachers pension funds were heavily invested in the tobacco industry as well as pharmaceuticals that made big money off drugs for ADD and other labels put on the kids . its like certain charities are anything but charities . every one trying to make more of the all mighty dollar .

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm highly confident that no true Native would have sabotaged something like this. The risk isn't worth it to our people, and to the values we were raised with. Now obviously as some of you know, I never lived on a Rez, but my papa did and he was the biggest influence on my life, so his teachings and words that his mother- from the Cornstalk family, taught him, will stick with me for life.

I'd be HIGHLY surprised to find out a Native sabotaged the pipeline

-Alee

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You mean something functional like a pipeline as opposed to the obvious money grab/fraud that was Obama's "green energy" projects (slush funds)?

I mean Solyndra- (sorry-had to look up the spelling)
edit on 14-12-2016 by angryproctologist because: mispelling

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

They know that they aren't beholden to U.S. law-why wouldn't they?

It is like having diplomatic immunity.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't understand how the pipeline owners didn't know about the leak! When my toilet was running, the Water Company sent a man in a truck out, knocking on my door! "You have a leak!" he told me! If they knew about my toilet leak, how could this hugely expensive and environmentally dangerous project NOT have some kind of mechanism that monitors and checks pipeline pressure?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Good point.

With as much money as the oil companies make-you would think that there would be a camera on every square inch of the pipeline.At the very least for safety reasons.

But at the same time,kind of like with how the media/law enforcement have started hiding the racial identity of terrorists (if they are anything other than a white male)-would we ever be allowed to find out if they were native americans?

Or-are we even allowed to ask that question,lol?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist
a reply to: windword

Good point.

With as much money as the oil companies make-you would think that there would be a camera on every square inch of the pipeline.At the very least for safety reasons.

But at the same time,kind of like with how the media/law enforcement have started hiding the racial identity of terrorists (if they are anything other than a white male)-would we ever be allowed to find out if they were native americans?

Or-are we even allowed to ask that question,lol?

If they find out it was sabotage, and if they find out who it was, I would like to know the truth.

-Alee

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I read this here yesterday. ATS

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ah-thank you for pointing that out so that I can point out my suspicions in that thread as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: angryproctologist

You might try and pull your head out of your ass mr proctologist(pun intended)
, alternative energy sources need to be explored, and it has to start somewhere.
edit on 14-12-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I'm highly confident that no true Native would have sabotaged something like this. The risk isn't worth it to our people, and to the values we were raised with. Now obviously as some of you know, I never lived on a Rez, but my papa did and he was the biggest influence on my life, so his teachings and words that his mother- from the Cornstalk family, taught him, will stick with me for life.

I'd be HIGHLY surprised to find out a Native sabotaged the pipeline

-Alee

Point taken but a lot of the people that were there were not natives. When something like that goes down, you get people from all sorts of areas with different ideals. Some of them not so nice.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I agree with your assessment. It would be just like some protester to do some damage and then say I told you so. Like the violence at Trump rally's actually started by the Podesta gang and then paid for their efforts with a new I phone and $100. Doesn't anybody have a little decency or scruples anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

edit on 14-12-2016 by rjbaggins because: please delete double entry by mistake.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Heres a though. any pipes near water should have quadruple redundancy and each link should have a auto shut off if sensors trip. sort of like a ship has water tight compartments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join